The Fates -Server Shopkeepers

Started by Kamimaia, 22-06-2012

Kamimaia

The Fates of Caphori

To the Three, I bind myself.
To the Future, I bind myself.
To the Present, I bind myself.
To the Past, I bind myself.
You make me, and so you unmake me, but until then I am yours.

To Aloemaxia, Fate of the Future,
I pledge my Honor.
I sacrifice my Vanity.
I pray for hope.
May you guide me.

To Ysabel, Fate of the Present,
I pledge my Endurance.
I sacrifice my Pride.
I pray for Kindness.
May you judge me.

To Moravel, Fate of the Past,
I pledge my Growth.
I sacrifice my Grudge.
I pray for Knowledge.
May you teach me.

May my Thread shine bright in the weave of Destiny.

Who are they? They have names, but asofar, no individual has ever laid eyes on them- the Fates choose, instead, to communicate solely via telepathy- and only when an individual is in the Prayer Room of their temple, in the dead of night.

Some dispute that the Fates are not female at all- that they are either male, or have no gender. Others say they may in fact all be one person, with multiple personalities, as the voice they speak with always sounds the same merely with changed word choice. No one can say for sure. It is not even known what function they serve in the world- though as the Fates have explained it, they 'tend' the Weave of Fate to remove snarls, knots and tears wherever they might arise.

They know the Fates by three names only.

Moravel, the 'cruel' Fate of the Past, who cannot Imagine.
Ysabel, the 'Cold' Fate of the Present, who cannot do Nothing.
Aloemaxia, the 'Cunning' Fate of the Future, who cannot Remember.

As with all other things, the reason that they grant boons to others is unknown- it may be that the Fates become lonely, or they simply delight in causing mischief and havoc. Others believe they are as gods, or simply bored. Perhaps they simply seek the attention of others- words of thanks, for doing what they believe is their duty. The Fates, however, will not say- and many a time over history have they granted gifts to those who seek them. Usually, such gifts bear with them a price to be paid.

Such gifts range from mere trinkets to catastrophes- from death to miracles- from protection to guidance.

Who knows what plans they have in store?

Darling Violetta - A Smaller God

Dungeon_Lord

Who are a very creative writer plus the song choice for this I think was pin point to perfection. I really like the creative ideas that you and whatever other moderators are helping you are coming up with.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.