To much pew pew

Started by Turnkey, 07-12-2008

Turnkey

Ok I've been on the server a couple of days now, and im surprised of how meny guns there are.
I think it would be nice if the admins could limit the spawn of guns a bit more.

Or if the people who join, would stop with the sensless DM'ing

mrd

The main problem was the jackasses that :alucard: put into Merc. They had no idea how to RP and whenever I walked by they would ask "OMG BANDIT, CAN I KILL HIM!?!?!" in-character. They spawn with G36cs. Ridiculously over powered weapon

Turnkey

Quote from: Molested Rubber Ducky They spawn with G36cs.

Really? some one should do somthing about that, they are way overpowered.
And i think that the admins should not accept everyone into factions with weapon.

Who Dares Wins

The Mercenary G36' have been replaced with MP5's now.

The reason there was so much DMing is because a 'certain Admin' was handing the flags out like no tommorow.

The Mercenary flag will also be replaced with a Monolith flag since they showed themselves to be better roleplayers.

Cobra

Nothing better then when you have one man gun point and he pulls a pistol from his ass with out Role play and shoots you in the head.

Yuri Fedorov

Quote from: Turnkey Ok I've been on the server a couple of days now, and im surprised of how meny guns there are.
I think it would be nice if the admins could limit the spawn of guns a bit more.

Or if the people who join, would stop with the sensless DM'ing

It's quite realistic in the STALKER universe to have lots and lots of guns. Who in their right mind would go into a zone filled with zombies and mercenaries and horrific creatures without at least a pistol? Guns are a central part of STALKER, but they're a bit too accurate in my opinion.

ALSO, much of this would be solved by having a "Person X killed Person Y" message go up in the left corner of the screen, much like in Counter-Strike or Half-Life DM or something. As it stands, you can get shot and not know who did it. That's happened to me at least 3 times in one night. If you don't know who's doing the DMing, it's way harder to stop it. The fact is, every RP server that has a universe in which firearms are common will have DMing. But there are ways around that; namely, make it clear who is killing who, and script the weapons to be very inaccurate so it's harder to be a one-man army.
Yuri Fedorov - Applicant to DUTY
Vitaly Tarasov - Explorer of the ZONE

Turnkey

Yuri, I know theres lots of guns in STALKER but, Im sure that it dosent ruin the RP fun if we "Limit" the guns abit. yesterday anyone had guns.
The weapons were floating around the map becaous of DM, any minge would optain a gun within the next hour, and probably do great DM.

Yuri Fedorov

Quote from: Turnkey Yuri, I know theres lots of guns in STALKER but, Im sure that it dosent ruin the RP fun if we "Limit" the guns abit. yesterday anyone had guns.
The weapons were floating around the map becaous of DM, any minge would optain a gun within the next hour, and probably do great DM.

Well, here?s the thing... anyone who has fired a handgun that?s bigger than a .22 knows that accuracy with these weapons are not great, especially under combat conditions. Even taking your time to place shots, it?s difficult to pick off a target at long range with the larger calibers (or maybe I just suck, lol.) Regardless, if the pistols were more common yet very inaccurate, they would be more balanced IMO. I personally think that if someone is going to DM, they could easily do it with props and have no need for weapons.
Yuri Fedorov - Applicant to DUTY
Vitaly Tarasov - Explorer of the ZONE

Tunddruff

I agree, like when i was on earlier, this merc, sneaks up behind me and Cobra, Rp threateds to kill me, so i drop my gun he takes it, and then kills the 4 people i was ABOUT to rp with... god dam jman