(snipped, old) Fallout RP Frequently Asked Questions

Started by purepwnage, 25-12-2011

purepwnage

Ok so i have a problem with the errors. I did everything the forums told me to do, i downloaded tortious svn, put the url in and updated it thats done then i got the stalker pack, got the fix and still errors, my starter gun is still an error, i cleared my caches too. I still see errors in buildings and on people, idk what to do, PLEASE HELP! :(

SPADES: Have you put the mods in addons where they -should- be? If you've installed addons before, and you're not doing it wrong, then your Gmod might just be screwed.

purepwnage

yea dude i put my fallout content in addon and extracted my stalker mod stuff into garry'smod/garry'smod

Silver Knight

Quote from: purepwnage on 25-12-2011
yea dude i put my fallout content in addon and extracted my stalker mod stuff into garry'smod/garry'smod

You go into garrysmod/garrysmod/addons and make a new folder. right click on it and click "SVN Checkout" then enter in the link to the fallout svn -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/falloutsvn/

After that it will download all the content to that folder and will work fine. Updating it is also simple, right clicking on it and hitting "SVN Update" to keep the files up to date.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

purepwnage

.... i already did that before, i can see most the fallout content, just my starter gun and a few other random errors around the map, also some on people

Gonztah

Did you download the stalker content?

purepwnage

Yea i downloaded the stalker megaupload including the fixes and extracted them into garrysmod/garrysmod

Khorn

So you used the FRP SVN and you placed the SRP content in the correct area?

purepwnage

Yes, pretty sure i did everything right. I dont know what to do, stupid errors are annoying:/

Khorn

As some people say, take a screen shot of the addons folders and content folders inside.

Also, make sure you have CSS and EP 1/2. Some files come from there.

Khorn

One issue could be the SVN didn't download the content fully.

I'd check my folder size if I was near my computer, but I'm using a crummy laptop.

So you can tell mus how large the frp folder is and hope it's filled with the needed files. Or you can go and just re-download the files.

I had to do that and it worked for me.

Also, @ Spades, just post new comment instead of editing.

purepwnage

idk but until someone helps me find a fix, i dont wana play with a thousand errors filling my screen...

purepwnage

In single player, i see my fallout weapons perfectly fine, no errors

recrow

I downloaded all Fallout files and put in de right files but, when I start gmod it crashs.
Does somebody know what to problem could be?

Khorn

Well, it could be due to bad addons.

I'd say remove the folder itself, not delete, but just take it out. Than try playing Single Player.

D33tly

Nothing big here but:
I downloaded SRP content, and FORP content, and i cant see /animdance.
Any ideas?

Khorn

lolKieck

Quote from: D33tly on 29-12-2011
Nothing big here but:
Any ideas?
Some models miss the animations.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

D33tly

Quote from: lolKieck on 30-12-2011
Quote from: D33tly on 29-12-2011
Nothing big here but:
Any ideas?
Some models miss the animations.
No models work for the /animdance for me. None at all. None.
Number of models that work for me: 0
Any other ideas? I've re-installed gmod, uninstalled all my mods, cleared cache. Anything else?

Khorn

Raider models dance and so do Power Armor models.

D33tly

Quote from: Khorn on 30-12-2011
Raider models dance and so do Power Armor models.
I've already tried the power armor, and just wastelander ones. Neither work for me.

Khorn

I would say wipe your addons and redo the SVN.

But I don't see why your are worried, it's just animations that don't fully work and don't fit in all that well.

D33tly

Quote from: Khorn on 30-12-2011
I would say wipe your addons and redo the SVN.

But I don't see why your are worried, it's just animations that don't fully work and don't fit in all that well.
I know, but wehat if enclave calls up an emergency dance off with BoS? I wouldn't be able to help Q.Q

Khorn

You got your priorities mixed up than boy.