[OOC] A little tweak in BoS's personality

Started by Spades_Neil, 11-06-2012

Spades_Neil

Now, understandably, it is very boring to roleplay as a Knight as they are restricted to the base and forced to stay mostly underground. That's no fun.

I may bend what is the traditional canon to allow BoS members to have a little more in-character freedom to make playing the BoS more fun. Plus, it'd be nice to be able to collect technology from the surface factions while remaining neutral--except in self defense.

While (obviously) I won't allow us to turn into the hunky dory saviors of the wastes depicted in Fallout 3 (because they're lame) I'd like to at least expand our activities some to interact with the surface world. Still no recruiting wasters except under very extraordinary circumstances, but I wish to allow the players in BoS more range to wander.

Let's hold a vote on it. Post your vote (rather than a poll which can be manipulated). Only Brotherhood member votes will qualify.

PingPong

I think it would be awesome, add a lot more flavor to rp in general if BoS could wander around
"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is just a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

Kelse

I NEED MY SPACE GOD DAMMIT, MY KNIGHT GETS NONE SHE NEEDS TO STAY IN BASE, YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

the permaban queen.

Ragolution

You should let the BoS sell real estate and have more guns than the enclave.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Ragolution on 11-06-2012

... I just nostalgia'd.

Ragolution

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 11-06-2012

... I just nostalgia'd.

Nostalgia - a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life

It horrifies me you'd want to go back to that wretched time.

PingPong

Do you think this is still going to be even remotely possible after the events with the NCR and BoS today?
(No sarcasm intended)
"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is just a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

Spades_Neil

Nostalgia - a wistful desire to return in thought or in fact to a former time in one's life

It horrifies me you'd want to go back to that wretched time.

To be fair the drama made things interesting. It just ended miserably. I can't say I didn't have fun.

Quote from: PingPong on 11-06-2012
Do you think this is still going to be even remotely possible after the events with the NCR and BoS today?
(No sarcasm intended)

It is possible. Obviously scribes aren't going to be running around on the surface, but military units will have more freedom. I figure as long as there's two people in a squad they can go on a little patrol.

INA7HAN

I like this idea. Knights do get bored down underground all the time and being able to patrol around will give us more fun and rp.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Spades_Neil

As of last night, Head Knight Avalon Cullen was killed in action and has been replaced by Lilly Wolfe.

That being said, we can also change the personality now and have it make sense ICly.