Gods, should they be allowed?

Started by RoyRoger05, 06-06-2012

RoyRoger05

After hearing about mods playing as god type characters I have been very.. irked.

Role-playing as a god, in general.. is one of the largest RP sins.  I know many members of HGN have felt this way (and expressed themselves when it was totally unwanted) and many friends I have on Caphori also feel that the idea of playing a 'God' is just a very sil;y idea.

Not only does it present the issue of power-gaming, it totally gives the player of said god an overwhelming sense of importance.  Gods, as a whole, should not be playable characters. The use of gods, and worship always leads to awesome RP.. but when we can physically see/talk to said god it just.. takes away from the experience.

Think about if you pray to Christ every night (if you do, or insert-deity-here), and how mysterious he is to you, how perfect he seems to be... if he was a real man, with his own thoughts, feelings, and weaknesses it just generally takes away the 'Awe' factor, removing from play the whole point of worshiping a god in RP because you don't need to ask a question, or pray to him/her for victory/money ectect... just walk over to said god and ask him for stuff.. which is very, very silly.

I feel people should be able to 'Avatars' of their god, blessed and empowered by their deity to spread their word, EX; Matt. My character. He is the avatar of Amal, goddess of divine justice.. yes, he is powerful because the goddess blessed him.. but is he immortal? Nope. Is he an unstoppable force of nature? No. Does he act like a self imposed idiot that struts about saying 'I am a god, worship me'? No.  That's what I feel people should really be playing.. avatars of their deity, blessed by their deity to carry out said deities word.  Not the deity itself.

I am starting a vote to see who actually approves of the god type characters we have here, and if they should stay.. and just walk around like a normal man.  Or be true gods, the gods in the sky we all seem to think better than us.  Leave thoughts and comment below.

To other HGN members; please respect this poll, I know many of you that don't play on Caphori have been very vocal about gods... and this is a place to use logical arguments like the ones I've made instead of "FUKGODSLOL NOBODY SHOULD PLAY THEM!"