Third Server - Time to Vote

Started by Silver Knight, 19-05-2012

Maxi96203

Deadfall/Zombie RP is a boring story in a boring setting in a generic scenario.

I'd rather go play DayZ or L4D for fucks sakes.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

jaik

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 19-05-2012
I'd rather go play DayZ or L4D for fucks sakes.

ok go ahead and have fun.

While those games don't actually promote character development and there's no story to Deadfall yet, it has to be written.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

General Cole

In my opinion it comes down to SWRP and Dead Fall. Now let's look at some statistics.

Star Wars servers currently active: 0
Every one I remember ever being up had lots of people as well.

Zombie servers currently active: Atleast 5
And only one of the five serious rp servers I can find on the server list has players.

So a big ol' "Star Wars RP, come join." would probably get more views then. "Oh look, another one of 'those' servers."

Star Wars RP all the way brahs.

jaik

Quote from: General Cole on 19-05-2012
In my opinion it comes down to SWRP and Dead Fall. Now let's look at some statistics.

Star Wars servers currently active: 0
Every one I remember ever being up had lots of people as well.

Zombie servers currently active: Atleast 5
And only one of the five serious rp servers I can find on the server list has players.

So a big ol' "Star Wars RP, come join." would probably get more views then. "Oh look, another one of 'those' servers."

Star Wars RP all the way brahs.

Star Wars is an alien theme to everyone who plays Serious RP, as you said, and they would most likely be more acceptive of something that they're a lot more familiar with. Crussaria received no players because of this exact reason.

RG4ORDR

I chose SWRP because Zombie RP has been done more than a whore in Mexico
er

Rebel6609

I'd have to say starwars.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 19-05-2012
Going to reinforce this now. Zombie has been done to death by many, many ,many communities. The idea is old and stale, on the other hand Star Wars RP hasn't handle except by on community, plus there are people at HGN, other communities and other players who'd love to have a SWRP RP. Hell there's a decent enough content to attempt to try.
er

Tom

I still think there should be a "No Server 3" vote.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

ThY

Quote from: Tom on 19-05-2012
I still think there should be a "No Server 3" vote.
I agree

jaik

Going to reinforce this now. Zombie has been done to death by many, many ,many communities. The idea is old and stale, on the other hand Star Wars RP hasn't handle except by on community, plus there are people at HGN, other communities and other players who'd love to have a SWRP RP. Hell there's a decent enough content to attempt to try.

Crussaria hasn't been done either and a lot of people claimed to have loved it. Their result is the same because CRP and SWRP are identical conceptually.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Jake on 19-05-2012

Crussaria hasn't been done either and a lot of people claimed to have loved it. Their result is the same because CRP and SWRP are identical conceptually.
Medieval fantasy has been done before Jake.
er

Tom

Yeah. It was called Crussaria.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

RG4ORDR

Yeah. It was called Crussaria.
I've seen other severs doing Fantasy RP, if I can remember Dark Espadon did it, and the community after that one did it too.
er

Plunger

So has SWRP.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Plunger on 19-05-2012

So has SWRP.
One very small community called BnT.
er

Spades_Neil

STAR
WARS

Seriously.

Warhammer 40k won't get fuck-all for players, and we have enough shitty post-apocalypse RP servers on Garry's Mod. The last thing we need to do is make an even more generic one.

NO ONE WILL ACTUALLY RP in a zombie "RP." It will suck more than anything else we've ever done. It will suck more than Fallout 3 roleplay ever sucked.

Tom

It REALLY doesn't matter what we pick as a third server.
Oh boy.

Madcombat

Yes it does.

I am changing my vote to Starwars, I am now a heretic.

RG4ORDR

Just remove one of the other severs it should balance out.
er

darkzerxx

First off, NO MORE ZOMBIE RP'S For god sake I can list off a random one just from the server list on gmod. Lets try SWRP I never seen one like that, but 40k is also diffrent just more people know starwars and can get into it.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Tom

And we'd STILL have the problem of the same old people getting admin over and over again with no new results with a different theme, that won't work.
Oh boy.

RG4ORDR

And we'd STILL have the problem of the same old people getting admin over and over again with no new results with a different theme, that won't work.
I can't argue with that HGN has a stagnant admin base.
er

Wolfinton

Star Wars is the lesser of the 3 evils for me. Warhammr 40K RP should not be made and if it was it would not work, not in 40,000 years (see what I did there?). Everyone will want to be a Space Marine, will abuse their awesomeness and no one will play the three factions which are meant to literally be waves upon waves of cannon fodder -- the Orcs, Tryanids (to a degree) and the Imperian Guard. Speaking of Imperial Guard makes me mention their vehicles are fucking awesome and people would abuse them, and on vehicles it would be one hell of a bitch to code such awesome vehicles such as the Baneblade. If these were to be left out the Imperial Guard would be extremely useless, their weapons are the equiverlant to flashlights for crying out loud -- there's a reason the Imperial Guard are willing to sacrifice 1000s of men to save one tank (well, the infantry being useless is part of it, the fact there's trillions of people in the Imperial Worlds are another reason.)

... I cannot believe how much I went off on a rant there.

But yea... Star Wars is the lesser of the three evils, I wont even get started on ZRP as everyone else seems to have already.
Pink doesn't make me gay, it makes you homophobic.

jaik

Quote from: Wolfinton on 19-05-2012
Star Wars is the lesser of the 3 evils for me. Warhammr 40K RP should not be made and if it was it would not work, not in 40,000 years (see what I did there?). Everyone will want to be a Space Marine, will abuse their awesomeness and no one will play the three factions which are meant to literally be waves upon waves of cannon fodder -- the Orcs, Tryanids (to a degree) and the Imperian Guard. Speaking of Imperial Guard makes me mention their vehicles are fucking awesome and people would abuse them, and on vehicles it would be one hell of a bitch to code such awesome vehicles such as the Baneblade. If these were to be left out the Imperial Guard would be extremely useless, their weapons are the equiverlant to flashlights for crying out loud -- there's a reason the Imperial Guard are willing to sacrifice 1000s of men to save one tank (well, the infantry being useless is part of it, the fact there's trillions of people in the Imperial Worlds are another reason.)

... I cannot believe how much I went off on a rant there.

But yea... Star Wars is the lesser of the three evils, I wont even get started on ZRP as everyone else seems to have already.

What makes you think that special abilities/powerful shit will not be abused on SWRP?

Reorp

SO far the zombie thing seems as if it is winning, But seriously? We already have pretty much two apocalypse based Servers.