Third Server - Time to Vote

Started by Silver Knight, 19-05-2012

jaik

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 19-05-2012
Honestly post-apoc or HL2 RP dominates the GMOD RP community making it incredibility boring. All anybody in ZRP is just going to sit around in a place wait for zombies and get a neatly a placed shotgun made from Mithrill that gives the user +100 to accuracy and +1 to zombie virus immunity.

Okay you don't need to express your anger here.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

Screw everyone's choices, I say Freelancer.

You don't even need other players to have a good time and can Passive RP on your own.

I suggest a different mod than Discovery, but its the most known and used. And most other mods aren't done or are completely gone.

deluxulous

I honestly don't have an opinion. I wouldn't play on it, as I have enough duties on SRP which are being neglected due to the massive amount of bullshit that I have to deal with IRL.

Ravanger

Deadfall all I can say boi.

Paintcheck

Quote from: PistolKid on 19-05-2012
I honestly don't have an opinion. I wouldn't play on it, as I have enough duties on SRP which are being neglected due to the massive amount of bullshit that I have to deal with IRL.

3/4 of the people voting won't play on what wins, when has that ever stopped anyone from voting?

Das_Uberman

Quote from: Ravanger on 19-05-2012

I find your lack of faith disturbing

STAR WARS! Thou shalt not deny me my lightsaber!

Tom

Its going to be obnoxious as hell when the third server does die.

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 19-05-2012

~Snipped video~

If things go on SWRP the way I think they are. . . You won't get a lightsaber anyway
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Ravanger

Quote from: Tom on 19-05-2012

SRP already dead so uhhh...Yeah

Ket

If we try to be a little different than the other communities, with Warhammer/StarWars for example.
I bet we will get a decent plate of playerbase.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Tom

Quote from: Ket on 19-05-2012

If we try to be a little different than the other communities, with Warhammer/StarWars for example.

Thats what was said about Crussaria. Then the playerbase left one day and it died which caused the most obnoxious amount of bullshit ever.

SRP already dead so uhhh...Yeah

It will revive. It always does. The first two Post-Apoc servers we got always revive eventually.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Das_Uberman

Thats what was said about Crussaria. Then the playerbase left one day and it died which caused the most obnoxious amount of bullshit ever.

Star Wars has an enormous following, as opposed to Crussaria which was totally from scratch. I bet people would be more likely to join if it's familiar.

Tom

Star Wars has an enormous following, as opposed to Crussaria which was totally from scratch. I bet people would be more likely to join if it's familiar.

I'll watch SWRP. I Bet it turns out like every other 3rd or 4th server we've ever done with the amount of players we have right now.
Oh boy.

RG4ORDR

If I get to manage SWRP along with paint, nobody is going to have a lightsaber.
er

Das Pirate

Star Wars for this reason, it has really yet to be done successfully. I believe that it would be wise to actually do something a lot of people like, that's more towards the "original" side. People will see Star Wars gamemode and nerdgasm all over their desk. If it is advertised properly, and we can pull it off properly it will be beyond success.

Lent23

Two servers who have just barely enough people to play when everybody bands together
vs.
Three servers who split even more and have even less people on because people have to decide what they want to do, which usually ends up as less activity for one or more servers

Edit: Did we all forget that Silver has to make more content for the new server because it's his current interest which means less content for SRP and, dare I say it, Forp..
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Chippy

I changed my vote for SWRP... so many people seem to like it, and I agree when we say we don't want HGN to be a apocalypse Community...

We all know how much we want the world to end, but why not make it that way by being a sith lord! XD im joking. I'm done with this thread, Idc what wins, im sticking with FORP.

Spades_Neil

Those of you worried how SWRP will split up the community, chill.

For the first week or two, yes, that will be the case. After that, the server will either evolve and gather its own playerbase--or die. The worst that can happen is everyone goes back to their old servers.

Some will leave STALKER. Some will leave FORP. However, the rest of the players will go back to their own servers, and new players will come to fill the void. It's that simple. Tell me, how many FRP frequents do you know who play SRP and vise-versa? Not many. Hitman and his pals are all I can think of.

Tom

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 19-05-2012

For the first week or two, yes, that will be the case. After that, the server will either evolve and gather its own playerbase--or die. The worst that can happen is everyone goes back to their old servers.

Some will leave STALKER. Some will leave FORP. However, the rest of the players will go back to their own servers, and new players will come to fill the void. It's that simple. Tell me, how many FRP frequents do you know who play SRP and vise-versa? Not many. Hitman and his pals are all I can think of.

Spades. I am not worried about the void or "Split" that won't happen. I'm worried that it will end up like Crussaria or any of the other 3rd servers we've ever had

I have loads of wonderful examples. But I feel I'd get in to some trouble if I posted them
Oh boy.

Spades_Neil

Spades. I am not worried about the void or "Split" that won't happen. I'm worried that it will end up like Crussaria or any of the other 3rd servers we've ever had

I have loads of wonderful examples. But I feel I'd get in to some trouble if I posted them

To be fair, Crussaria did poorly due to lack of publicity in my opinion. It had potential, just it had the wrong audience.

Of course I know nothing of these other third servers you speak of.

Tom

To be fair, Crussaria did poorly due to lack of publicity in my opinion. It had potential, just it had the wrong audience.

Of course I know nothing of these other third servers you speak of.

It had publicity. It had its own player base too for a while.
Oh boy.

franco20

Why would you want a third server when you can't even fill two?
FALLOUT - Pvt. Beverley Louis: Tough-acting grunt in the service of New Haven.

Paintcheck

Because (as long as it's not zombie apoc) the third server will be interesting and possibly bring more people in.

Everyone whining about "ZOMG it will split the community" who the fuck cares. [DATA REDACTED]. Better SW or WH comes up (looking like it won't be WH) and be new and exciting. Even if it only lasts for a month it will be better than a Zombie RP server that also only lasts for a month and is boring and shitty for the month it is up for.

Also to all you new folk who don't know HGN has content for both zombies and SW more or less ready (unless Silver has lost it all). It's not some huge development blackhole that you all think it is. The content is there already. That's why the choices are what they are.

I get that you don't like SRP or FORP, Paintcheck, but -please- stop shitposting, okay?

I get what you're doing; being blunt, that is. You want to get a point across. Fine, I can see what you're getting at with all this, and to a certain extent agree with you on the issue. However, that doesn't grant you a free pass to begin throwing out insults wherever you please. There are far more elegant ways to bring people about.

Das_Uberman

Quote from: Paintcheck on 19-05-2012
Because (as long as it's not zombie apoc) the third server will be interesting and possibly bring more people in.

Everyone whining about "ZOMG it will split the community" who the fuck cares. You're all going to say that and then you'll play 1 day on the new server, realize you don't have the gear and/or status you have on SRP or FO, and crawl back there to continue making those servers shit. Better SW or WH comes up (looking like it won't be WH) and be new and exciting. Even if it only lasts for a month it will be better than a Zombie RP server that also only lasts for a month and is boring and shitty for the month it is up for.

Also to all you new fags who don't know HGN has content for both zombies and SW more or less ready (unless Silver has lost it all). It's not some huge development blackhole that you all think it is. The content is there already. That's why the choices are what they are.

I wholeheartedly agree. The content is there, and I just hope it isn't zombies. Personally I am hoping to god it's SW because I've loved it since I was a kid, and it would be absolutely amazing if it happened, not to mention it has a huge canon to work with, a huge following, and so many different RP opportunities in it.

Also zombies are stupid.

Tom

Removed all the flame baiting.
Oh boy.

Khorn

I still say Freelancer. Its got all the content it needs and all the things to keep players occupied.

And it's not GMod, which is a major plus.