Third Server - Time to Vote

Started by Silver Knight, 19-05-2012

Tom

None of the options have high longevity. If we took down a sever and replaced it with this it would work. If it was managed by someone who plays that server regularly and it isn't micromanaged, and that person has reign to hire and fire admins from the specific Player Base, AND it got its own playerbase quickly (In which case we wouldn't need to take down the second server), Then, then it may work.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Spades_Neil

Should half of Zombie RP's votes even be counted? Considering someone just dragged a bunch of non-HGNers in to vote for the lulz of it.

Tom

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 20-05-2012
Should half of Zombie RP's votes even be counted? Considering someone just dragged a bunch of non-HGNers in to vote for the lulz of it.

You could say the same for SWRP since you dragged people from SGN and folks such as Pepsigod who play at TnB to vote for SWRP.

If anything this vote is horse shit by your logic and it would be 40K or no Server, since it is the only option that didn't drag non-HGNers in to vote.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Tom on 20-05-2012

You could say the same for SWRP since you dragged people from SGN and folks such as Pepsigod who play at TnB to vote for SWRP.

If anything this vote is horse shit by your logic and it would be 40K or no Server, since it is the only option that didn't drag non-HGNers in to vote.

Out of all the people on my friends list I asked, I think a grand total of 3 or 4 weren't HGNers.

And the 3 or 4 who weren't, incidentally, didn't vote for Star Wars.

Need I screenshot my friends' list?

Tom

Out of all the people on my friends list I asked, I think a grand total of 3 or 4 weren't HGNers.

And the 3 or 4 who weren't, incidentally, didn't vote for Star Wars.

Need I screenshot my friends' list?

Doesn't matter really. But by your logic 40K would win by default.
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

I'd be ok with that. As long as it's not fucking zombies.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Paintcheck on 20-05-2012

I'd be ok with that. As long as it's not fucking zombies.

^ Pretty much that.

If we end up re-doing the vote, we should do it without allowing players to actually see the votes, so folks can't go, "X-RP WINNING?! MAKE MORE ACCOUNTS!" or "SPAM MORE FRIENDS!" (Latter my fault. :P)

Tom

Or not do a poll at all since any experience that I've had with polls has ALWAYS been bad for many reasons.

Or SK can man up and do SWRP like he wants regardless of what the community thinks (At least thats the message he got across to me and other people)
Oh boy.

Ragolution

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 20-05-2012
I was just making the point that they're not similar, and therefore SWRP will probably not suffer the same fate as HL2RP. It's certainly better than some shitty ZRP where all you do is run around collecting gear and shooting NPCs. It has a great deal of potential if we just give it a chance.

SWRP highly depends on the Era we do.

If it's during the Clone Wars, it's fine I guess.
If it's during the Imperial Era, it's EXACTLY like HL2RP
If it's during the Post-Imp Era, it's basically pointless.

Any other era ends up with a playbase that is confused as fuck about the lore..

meetdadoom

This is why we need to elect a council of high elders to do the voting for us and not an open democracy. Sooner or later dead people are going to voting again.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Ragolution on 20-05-2012
I was just making the point that they're not similar, and therefore SWRP will probably not suffer the same fate as HL2RP. It's certainly better than some shitty ZRP where all you do is run around collecting gear and shooting NPCs. It has a great deal of potential if we just give it a chance.

That's wrong. The Imperial Era wasn't at all like Half Life 2, for one people still lived their daily lives, still had fun and etc. Hell it was a moment of peace in the galaxy save the Rebel Alliance. Hell people on Imperial controlled planets like Anaxes held fucking Naval Parades for the Imperial Navy.
er

jaik

Generalization is big in this one.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

RG4ORDR

I have a feeling that non-members are voting for ZRP
er

Tom

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 20-05-2012
I have a feeling that non-members are voting for ZRP

They are for SWRP too. Some dude named "Thethanos" or something had 0 posts and had made an account 1 minute before voting SWRP. Which is why polls are stupid and easy to fuck up.
Oh boy.

Madcombat

Quote from: Ragolution on 20-05-2012

I do not demand those era's but during the Mandalorian wars or during the Dark wars.

You can do alot with the Republic and the Mandalorians at each others neck, not to forget theres always that great chance for players to roleplay side things to do with that war such as being mercs which is what people usually roleplay in HGN (Stalkers, Mercs, all the same thing really just different names.  They all take on jobs.) So theres defiantly plenty of things we can do and hell theres a wide selection of planets we can base the setting on.  All we need is Neo-Crusader models.

Apart from that we could do the Dark wars which would likely revolve (For us that is) around more the civilian side of things as what it might actually be like to live on over populated planets full of crime such as Nar Shadaar.  The Dark Wars were a very quiet period in KoTOR 2 where a secret war between the last of the jedi (The Jedi Exile and her companions) and the Sith.  Again, no one would know about that.

Clone Wars rp? No no, get out.  Every time I've seen a server go up (Apart from Recreas server which he had once) has been clone wars military rp.  And every time it has been shit for the same reasons. 
1. All clones are diffrent (In canon, all clones are the same apart from the altered ones such as delta.  This renders the roleplay extremely difficult to do unless we broke canon rules, which is what we'd have to do.)
2. Leadership has always been shit, people who have no idea over anything have always managed to get power. (May not happen here, so the point could be rendered stupid.)
3. Over done when ever SWRP is up.

The Imperial era can be great fun if done correctly, Recreas proved this to us.  (As long as we dont have bloody phase 3 Dark Troopers again, which was silly.)

I've probably missed alot more but hell, The era's in the Old Republic have not been tried yet and I would personally be ready to make love to the server if we get an era in the Old Republic.

Bl★ck Star

I demand Deadfall back !

ThY

QuoteTotal Members Voted: 86
I doubt I can count 86 active members.

Madcombat

Quote from: ThY on 21-05-2012
QuoteTotal Members Voted: 86
I doubt I can count 86 active members.

Theres no doubt the vote has been rigged.

Hell, I was in Skype two days ago joking and wondering if it would be rigged by people making alt accounts which it has.  Hell, show the voters I want to see if I am right or not.

Anyway, Zombie roleplay is the same crap.  Gear vs NPC's and prehaps psyco's.  THATS IT, thats all there is to it.  Majority of people wont even roleplay the contamination/virus.

Theres by far a heck of alot more potental for Starwars and WHRP as well as freedom. (Mainly on the SW part)

Tom

Polls are stupider than fuck. There is no way we have 86 people. Sooooo... poll is fucked and borked, if we do this again, find a different way for people to cast votes. Otherwise you get terribly skewed results that would show that we -should- have close to 100 active gmod players which is false. We have about 40ish people with tags on (assuming every hgner has added me) and about 10ish or slightly more no taggeds.

P.S

Swrp and zrp options both have alties and random folks voting for them.
Oh boy.

Madcombat

Quote from: Tom on 21-05-2012
Polls are stupider than fuck. There is no way we have 86 people. Sooooo… poll is fucked and borked, if we do this again, find a different way for people to cast votes. Otherwise you get terribly skewed results that would show that we -should- have close to 100 active gmod players which is false. We have about 40ish people with tags on (assuming every hgner has added me) and about 10ish or slightly more no taggeds.

P.S

Swrp and zrp options both have alties and random folks voting for them.

I'll be honest, I've been informing people outside of the community that we may have SWRP.  But I do not think I've told this many, and hell not that many have been intrested.  Only guy I think was intrested was my friend Red and Dicidius and thats it.

Silver Knight

I have chosen to do Starwars. I think it will provide a better roleplay enviroment than other other choices present and there is clearly enough support for it to exist based on the poll results. It is Scifi which is a new type of genre in roleplay other than  the post apoc theme we currently have in srp\frp.

I will post more details later.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steven :D

Quote from: Last.Exile on 21-05-2012
I have chosen to do Starwars. I think it will provide a better roleplay enviroment than other other choices present and there is clearly enough support for it to exist based on the poll results. It is Scifi which is a new type of genre in roleplay other than  the post apoc theme we currently have in srp\frp.

I will post more details later.
http://www.youtube.com/v/uvafvTnji-Y&autoplay=1