Third Server - Time to Vote

Started by Silver Knight, 19-05-2012

ZainMenloe

My two choices are Zombie and Star Wars.

I voted starwars, even though I don't like the series, because I believe it can be a good RP. Attracting its own playerbase should not be too hard considering there are so many SW fans. A small downside to SWRP, it might take a bit of work getting the items and models for the server.

Deadfall, the Zombie Apocolypse, would as well easily get a playerbase. If worked correctly, it can generate good RP as well. Another plus, It would be really easy to script, since really you could just use the same script on FORP and SRP, even some of the same items.

I'm split between the two, so I am not going to 'vote'. Since both of these are the top 2 currently, I have no problem.

RG4ORDR

Quote from: ZainMenloe on 19-05-2012

I voted starwars, even though I don't like the series, because I believe it can be a good RP. Attracting its own playerbase should not be too hard considering there are so many SW fans. A small downside to SWRP, it might take a bit of work getting the items and models for the server.

Deadfall, the Zombie Apocolypse, would as well easily get a playerbase. If worked correctly, it can generate good RP as well. Another plus, It would be really easy to script, since really you could just use the same script on FORP and SRP, even some of the same items.

I'm split between the two, so I am not going to 'vote'. Since both of these are the top 2 currently, I have no problem.

Do take into account most zombie rps are the same 99% of them really.
er

franco20

The choices are quite miserable. Do the community a favor and vote No Server 3.

P.S.

Don't flamebait me on this post; it's purely informative.
FALLOUT - Pvt. Beverley Louis: Tough-acting grunt in the service of New Haven.

Paintcheck

Quote from: franco20 on 19-05-2012
The choices are quite miserable. Do the community a favor and vote No Server 3.

P.S.

Don't flamebait me on this post; it's purely informative.

[DATA REDACTED].

Seems stupid to waste an entire server spot just because some people want to play post apoc and only post apoc regardless of how boring and shitty I find it to be. Don't ruin it for those of us who would like something more, no one is forcing you to play on the new server. And frankly I'd rather a lot of you didn't.

Ragolution

ZainMenloe

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 19-05-2012
Quote from: ZainMenloe on 19-05-2012

Do take into account most zombie rps are the same 99% of them really.
Do take into account the keywords you said, MOST. I can see this done really well if the canon is not stupid, there is a bit of conflict (Not just zombies vs humans) and if you get people who can RP and not just run around and 'pew pew' everything.

Plunger

Silver Knight

The point of a third server is not to attract srp or frp players but for to gain a new playerbase and bring back players that no longer want to play srp and do not see frp as a alternative.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Gonztah

Quote from: Last.Exile on 20-05-2012
and bring back players that no longer want to play srp and do not see frp as a alternative.

Exactly why I want SWRP. I've gotten bored of SRP.

Ravanger

Quote from: Gonztah on 20-05-2012
and bring back players that no longer want to play srp and do not see frp as a alternative.

Exactly why I want SWRP. I've gotten bored of SRP.

Thats what majority of players here have pretty much felt after 5 years of SRP. I myself would enjoy something a bit new even though I do have much to do on SRP but I believe SRP is at a very large stagnation which it will be for long time.

I just think Star wars is gonna be too much work for a something that would be a failure. Atleast a zombie rp doesn't cost  a lot of resources like tons of models and scripting when you can basiclly finishin a zombie scrap in a day or less of limited work and Star wars would take months to finish and considering how slow our development is I dobut we would finish it in time. I just we should do a Zombie roleplay since it does not take much to do and if it does fail not much is lost.

A none third server might be good, but I don't see SRP or FORP really going anywhere anytime soon and I think honestly a new server might be good to brighten some new roleplay.
SRP and FORP are really at their tip top stagnation of rp and activity.

Gonztah

Don't we already have some content for SWRP?

Ravanger

Quote from: Gonztah on 20-05-2012
Don't we already have some content for SWRP?

A few models proably that we Dled from gmod, gotta remember though they might not be rigged and we would need sweps and to edit the script to fit SWRP, I am just saying its gonna take a lot of work for Silverknight to even get some form of an Alpha up. Basiclly its like how Crussaria was and that took a very long time and only got up on a bit of luck and a lot of us admins and players begging and manageing to get it up and live. Then problems by myself and others and then stagnation took over and it died.

Tom

I'm worried about who the admins will be
The point of a third server is not to attract srp or frp players but for to gain a new playerbase and bring back players that no longer want to play srp and do not see frp as a alternative.

Yeah. But if we appoint less than stellar admins it won't go anywhere. You need someone good to directly manage it with a couple SAs (Who plan on playing mostly or JUST the third server). Then once the Playerbase HOPEFULLY forms, you let the manager hire admins from that specific playerbase. . . Otherwise you get either a bunch of inactive admins or a bunch of admins that have devotions to other servers which makes them inactive.

TL:DR

Get a manager who can hire admins who, play SWRP a lot, and make it so that it has control of the canon.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

RG4ORDR

Quote from: Tom on 20-05-2012

Yeah. But if we appoint less than stellar admins it won't go anywhere. You need someone good to directly manage it with a couple SAs (Who plan on playing mostly or JUST the third server). Then once the Playerbase HOPEFULLY forms, you let the manager hire admins from that specific playerbase. . . Otherwise you get either a bunch of inactive admins or a bunch of admins that have devotions to other servers which makes them inactive.

Get a manager who can hire admins who, play SWRP a lot, and make it so that it has control of the canon.
I nominate Paintcheck
er

Spades_Neil

^ Pretty much that. Let's learn from the failures of past servers. Exile can micromanage the server when it first comes up, but he needs to find people preferably from its own playerbase, as Tom said, to actually run it.

Also Paintcheck. As much as I love Star Wars, I have a bad feeling I'd botch the whole canon if I tried for any sort of administrative position--so leave me out of it before I break anything.

Tom

If SWRP wins (Which it looks like it will unless someone who wanted ZRP gets more non-HGN outsiders to vote for it) Paintcheck would likely be a nominee, but he would need to be able to control/manage the server pretty much.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Ragolution

If SWRP wins (Which it looks like it will unless someone who wanted ZRP gets more non-HGN outsiders to vote for it) Paintcheck would likely be a nominee, but he would need to be able to control/manage the server pretty much.

Assuming he wants to do it.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Ragolution on 20-05-2012

Assuming he wants to do it.

Paintcheck sounded pretty excited about a Star Wars RP last time I talked to him, so I would assume he does.

Of course this is just speculation still that he'd want to be an admin, based off of prior experience.

Ket

[size=78%]I think we should re-vote.[/size]
lol
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Midgetonic

Zombie rp is new for HGN, it'd be cool to see how it would goo

Das_Uberman

Quote from: Midgetonic on 20-05-2012

It would go terrible. Zombie RP is common as shit, and would do nothing to attract a playerbase. A Star Wars RP server would be original, and Star Wars itself is well known enough that it would attract plenty of people. It would also be a nice change in scenery from the usual post-apocalyptic servers.

Ragolution

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 20-05-2012

It would go terrible. Zombie RP is common as shit, and would do nothing to attract a playerbase. A Star Wars RP server would be original, and Star Wars itself is well known enough that it would attract plenty of people. It would also be a nice change in scenery from the usual post-apocalyptic servers.

Implying the SWRP server wont be depressing as fuck.

HL2RP all over again.

Das_Uberman

HL2RP all over again.

It really wouldn't be all that similar. In HL2RP no one was allowed anything, and the only way one could get anything would be by joining the CCA. In SWRP, the control is much more relaxed, and there are a number of options, be it organized crime, imperial military, the New Republic (depending on the time period),or even space piracy. If it takes place on a border planet most everyone would be armed, but there'd still be a measure of government control. If it was a core planet, there'd be more control, less weapons, but still a seedy underbelly. There was already a decent amount of material already made up for SWRP before Exile decided to go with Crussaria instead, see for yourselves: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/general-355/

Tom

HL2RP all over again.

It really wouldn't be all that similar. In HL2RP no one was allowed anything, and the only way one could get anything would be by joining the CCA. In SWRP, the control is much more relaxed, and there are a number of options, be it organized crime, imperial military, the New Republic (depending on the time period),or even space piracy. If it takes place on a border planet most everyone would be armed, but there'd still be a measure of government control. If it was a core planet, there'd be more control, less weapons, but still a seedy underbelly. There was already a decent amount of material already made up for SWRP before Exile decided to go with Crussaria instead, see for yourselves: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/general-355/

I think he's more referring to the fact that any HL2RP server we've done has died within a month.
Oh boy.

Das_Uberman

I was just making the point that they're not similar, and therefore SWRP will probably not suffer the same fate as HL2RP. It's certainly better than some shitty ZRP where all you do is run around collecting gear and shooting NPCs. It has a great deal of potential if we just give it a chance.