Start roleplaying - Please

Started by Who Dares Wins, 01-12-2008

Who Dares Wins

This is a bit strange. Most things are fixed that people asked for. Animations are fixed, errors are more or less gone, but people aren't RPing?

I was on for about 6 hours and in that time all anyone did was stand around spawn, silent, just stood there, doing nothing. I had to make some shit in the Labs where only a Freedumb and Doody came. After that nothing happened except running around trying to find a Bloodsucker.

It's not hard, if your not in the mood for artifact hunting then go and sit down inside the Town Bar or make a Campfire in the Train station and roleplay with some Loners or some shit.

Keyblockor

Agreed, its Stalker RP for Rping guys, please start doing it, :)

MikeyTWolf

What about the retarded TTrust thing? That immediately renders all attempts to make anything constructive dead.

I reckon that could be solved by putting a strict limit on what can be spawned by a person (eg they can pull up a chair) until they are granted TTrust (eg. erect entire houses), instead of 100% restriction or not.

Also, some factions still aren't sorted *cough*Duty*cough*

Also, artefacts aren't available aren't they? Or at least, they aren't randomly populated.

Plus it's a really REALLY small map. :(

Who Dares Wins

Quote from: MikeyTWolf What about the retarded TTrust thing? That immediately renders all attempts to make anything constructive dead.

It's not retarded. If we didn't have it you'd have morons spawning giant props and you'd have Gilson prop DMing 'yer.

QuoteAlso, some factions still aren't sorted *cough*Duty*cough*
Well we need people to be on who applied.

QuoteAlso, artefacts aren't available aren't they? Or at least, they aren't randomly populated.

Artifacts are avaliable but you get morons following you around and when you DO find them people start crying "z0mg we ned a tradr!11!1" "0mg dis sux derz no p0int in artefactz"

QuotePlus it's a really REALLY small map. :(

This is one of the largest i've been on. If it was bigger you'd be crying about lag.

MikeyTWolf

Quote from: Who Dares Wins
QuotePlus it's a really REALLY small map. :(

This is one of the largest i've been on. If it was bigger you'd be crying about lag.

Actually, that would be your server suffering under the strain of a poorly optimised map. I've played Empires Mod and that thing is based on playing maps roughly 8x bigger than that. The only restraints is that things you CAN see are blocky until you get within a mile of the thing, in which case it'd become detailed. And that's with no fog.