Character Details (Optional)
Race: Undead
Alignment: Chaotic Evil (as I expected)
Class: Necromancer summoner

Literacy
Basic Literacy: Yes
Magic Literacy: A bit

Proficiencies
Weapons: Sword, spear and summoning staffs.
Armor: Gold and below.
Items: Mechanics and darks.

Restrictions
Weapons: Ranged.
Armor: Above gold.
Items: Don't know yet.

Special Equipment
Yet deciding. For the moment, some gold coins.

Flaws
Coward - As a king, he rarely fights. He hides while someone fights for him. Will summon something and hide.
Curious - Can't mind his own business. If you try to keep something in secret, he will be there trying to see what's going on.
Bossy - He doesn't accept anyone above him. He was a king, and he MUST rule everything. If you have a skill that could be useful for him, you have to help him. Alive or dead.
Traitor - If he doesn't need you, or you have nothing left for him, he will try to kill you. At least, if you escape alive, he will not chase you.
Unskilled - He can't cook, he can't make potions, he can't prepare poinsons, he can't even clean the floor. He was a king, and needs minions for that.

Traits
Sneaky - He hides from the justice, so he can cross a land without being detected.
Rich - He is an ace with money. His greed and hunger of money made a big fortune for him. He knows how to make more and more money.
Undead - He can resist pain, and many damage. He can resist an arrow to the brain, but not decapitation.
Medic - If he wants to, he will heal you the best he can. But he will not forget it, and you'll have to repay him.

Backstory
Saul was a prince in Skarpia another kingdom. He was son of king Caludius IV, an ambitious king, and queen Laura, who was a witch before falling in love with Claudius. Saul, following his parents' example, was interested in money and dark arts, so he studied necromancy while growing up.

The day finally came, his parents died and he became king Saul VII. He was a cruel king, never forgiving and always executing for every minimum mistake, so people called him "Saul the Slaughterer".

But one day, he decided that alive people has no loyalty and can betray, so he decided to massacre the entire kingdom to turn them into undead people. He obtained an undead army, and he used it to conquer more kingdoms.

But the other kingdoms were united against him, and after a long war, Saul's army was defeated. King Saul was coward like every king that sends someone to fight instead of him, so he ran away to other lands, where now people have rumours of a bearded man who kills innocents and turns them into zombies.
I come from hell to bring your doom!

CrazyLance

I -hate- (Actually I love) being a critic on OC character posts but I just hate how being a necromancer is instantly evil.

SmashingBones

Even if I were a rogue, a knight, an archer, a wizard, a merchant, a toy maker, a shepherd, a fisherman or a damn hobo, I'd still be an evil person. I was an ambitious and hard king, evilness is in my blood.
I'm a necromancer because I'm to lazy to fight by myself, and a necromancer can resurrect a dead enemy or friend and use him as a minion, which is better than alive minions who die and become useless.

jaik

Quote from: CrazyLance on 03-09-2014
I just hate how being a necromancer is instantly evil.

I don't know about you but I find it pretty hard to call a person who desecrates the souls and bodies of others for his self-interest anything other than evil.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

SmashingBones

I can't wait to start playing in this server as a necromancer. I just need to have my app accepted.

Cross

Quote from: SmashingBones on 03-09-2014
I can't wait to start playing in this server as a necromancer. I just need to have my app accepted.
'

Shouldn't you wait until after you're accepted to make a character bio?
-Insert clever signature here-

SmashingBones

Oh, it's true. Well, it's done, now I don't have to do it later.

CrazyLance

Quote from: Jake on 03-09-2014

I don't know about you but I find it pretty hard to call a person who desecrates the souls and bodies of others for his self-interest anything other than evil.

Yeah I understand when you put it that way. But if someone uses said necromancy for actual good?
Like, I know some games where Necromancy includes resurrection but not through the typical process of zombification. What would you call a Necromancer who doesn't use his powers for self interest? Still a necromancer I think.

Aetheren

Quote from: CrazyLance on 06-09-2014

Yeah I understand when you put it that way. But if someone uses said necromancy for actual good?
Like, I know some games where Necromancy includes resurrection but not through the typical process of zombification. What would you call a Necromancer who doesn't use his powers for self interest? Still a necromancer I think.

I guess it just depends whether you think that binding dead  souls to bodies against their will is evil or not. If the souls happen to be happy about being resurrected, well... I guess that's a lot harder to call evil.

CrazyLance

Quote from: Aetheren on 06-09-2014
Quote from: CrazyLance on 06-09-2014

I guess it just depends whether you think that binding dead  souls to bodies against their will is evil or not. If the souls happen to be happy about being resurrected, well... I guess that's a lot harder to call evil.

Yeah, exactly what I mean. It mostly depends on how you view necromancy. After all, someone said that there is no evil or good, it's just the mind creating those terms thanks to morals.

But I believe necromancy is viewed as evil because it is desecration and that death should be the final act of a human being, by resurrecting him and/or his corpse AND/OR his soul, you are not giving him that final rest and torturing him.