Saegmal, the Black Knight

Started by VonXeno, 31-01-2017

VonXeno

NAME: Saegmal

BASIC DESCRIPTION: A man with heavy, dark armor who seems to have appeared out of nowhere.

DETAILS
Race: [spoiler]Feyori[/spoiler]
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Black Knight (Warrior)

LITERACY
Basic: Y
Magic: Y

PROFICIENCY
Weapons: Axes and Flails, minor Dark Magic
Armor: Heavy battle armor and a heavy shield.
Items: Basilisk Mount

RESTRICTIONS
Weapons: Exotic weapons, guns, and bows
Armor: Anything lighter than plate mail
Items: Mobility, magic enhancing, or mobility enhancing items.

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT

TRAITS [Both good and bad]

Master Rider - Able to ride into combat and teach others to.
Resilient - Can withstand a lot of damage.
Hard Hitting - Dishes out incredible damage at close range.

Slow - Without his basilisk, could not catch up to anybody.
Curse of the Black Knight - [spoiler]Unless he trains another to succeed him, his body will be forced to fight even after death.[/spoiler]
Cold - In certain situations, he will take other's emotions out of consideration.

Background:

[spoiler]Saegmal's story begins with a woman named Vulkr. More prominently known as the Black Dame, Vulkr was the last known person to be stricken with the Black Knight's curse; An oath made between an obscure order of knights and a coven of witches. The oath granted the order tremendous strength to each member, so long as they continued providing champions to guard the ancestral graves of the witches.

Vulkr was an errant soldier, using her strength to fight for the country of Naud; a barren badlands with deep ravines, full of the fearful and distrustful, yet far from the origins of her curse. It's here where she met and trained Saegmal; A young, orphaned Feyori, whom she instructed to hide his antlers and cut his ears to match with humans around him. Vulkr taught Saegmal all she knew, desperate to rid herself of the curse. She treated him harshly and coldly, but saw to it that he grew to be a capable successor.

And when she passed away, Saegmal became the next bearer of the curse. Saegmal continued to fight for Naud, though one day his heritage was discovered. His former lord had him imprisoned and his antlers burned, to stop them from growing. Destined to be put to labor until his death, or flee for his survival, Saegmal chose the latter as he was being transported to a mining hole. He took the pickaxe he was meant to work with, and slaughtered the carriage rider as he was let off. Hijacking one of the basilisk pulling the cart, he gathered his armor and weapons, and ran as far as he could.

For sanctuary.[/spoiler]

I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.