Literacy
Basic Literacy: Y or N
Magic Literacy:Y  or N

Proficiencies
Weapons: Magical Based Weapons
Armor: Basic Armors, Robes, Arcane Enhancing Armors
Items: A few magical trinkets and such

Restrictions
Weapons: Heavy blades, axes, and hammers.
Armor: Heavy Armors
Items: Most heavy objects, an example being shields.

Special Equipment
Sprout -Sprout is a small wooden creature that Cromwell has summoned. Cromwell often thinks that Sprout isn't real, or is a hallucination, however, he loves him all the same.
Flock - Cromwell has attained the ability to summon a flock of magically imbued crows.

Flaws
Frail -Cromwell is rather physically weak and is easily injured.
Arcane Illness -Cromwell is able to use magic skillfully, but is often ill or sick after using magic.
Visions -Cromwell is plagued with horrific visions, he sees terrible things that are not observable to the average person. 
Moral Ambiguity -He has no clear allegiance to the powers of good, or the forces of evil. He seems to act out of his own best interests, but has the capacity to help others.

Traits
Magical Talent -Cromwell has the potential to be a gifted mage, but lacks instruction.
Voracious Curiosity -Cromwell seeks to know the ways of magic, and feverishly pursues knowledge.

History:

Cromwell was born into a wealthy and loving family. His father owned a successful lumber mill, and was well respected in the city. This aspect of his life changed, however upon the day of his 15th birthday. He was having a lovely time, with his friends and family, enjoying what life had to offer. They had sat down for dinner, when the family hound, Skip, ran up happily to see his owners having merriment. He ran up, and hopped on Cromwell's lap with a smile. Crom returned the look, and was preparing to eat his cake. As the knife drew closer to the cake, Cromwell's eyes began to whiten, and his skin became paler.

Few speak of what happened after that part of the evening, all that the townsfolk speak of it that they bought a new dog, and threw out their old rug. The next morning, it was discovered Cromwell possessed the ability to use magic, a rare trait in this part of the world. He was taught enough of the arcane arts to control his gift, but that did not sit well with Crom. His studies went well, until his Teacher reveled some dark news.

Arcane Sickness, few had it and even fewer were mages. The more magic used, the more physical and mental duress the subject would undergo. Prolonged exposure wouldn't prove fatal, but it would be immensely detrimental. The effects wouldn't be the same for each case, but in Cromwell's predicament was bad. Some minor aesthetic changes would occur, his hair would blue and his eyes might go dull, but that wasn't nearly the brunt of the blow. His insides seemed like they were liquidating at times, coughing up blood would be frequent. He'd also see visions, and life could be like looking through murky marshes at times. People would think he's mad, and for all intents and purposes he would be. Magic had power, and power comes with a price, it was just Cromwell had to pay upfront.

Cromwell and his father had very differing opinions when it came to magic, his father thought it was something to be repressed or hidden even and due to the sickness that his son was experiencing, he was even more hesitant. Crom felt differently. When his parents refused to continue his studies, he left home without a word. His family had hired a number of heroes and mercenaries in order to track Cromwell down and bring him back, but each time he either evaded them or incapacitated them.

Over the course of four years, the symptoms of his illness grew stronger as he continued his magical study on his journey. While resting in a port town, a very skilled group of trackers arrived. They had been hired by his parents to bring him back, and were a last ditch effort on their part. They had found Cromwell in a small inn, and came bursting in the room swords clashing and a net at the ready. Cromwell was frightened, terrified, and he only knew one thing: He wanted them gone.

A flash could have been seen from a window, and those skilled trackers, unmatched in their field, where utterly incinerated, and their charred remains left to sit in that inn room, as Cromwell fled the city. He boarded a boat, and left for a new land, that had recently been colonized and was fabled to be surging with magical power. Curled up in his quarters, he felt to things; guilt and hope. It was a long journey mind you, and by the time he reached the new land's port, only his hope remained.
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

bastidon

Feedback appreciated, negative or positive.

Dungeon_Lord

Elaborate in history as some things don't make sense or seem out of place. Such as change in eye and hair color doesn't make any sense without explanation. Add accessory restrictions like shields or heavy objects because he is frail, and physical frailty would probably make holding a shield up very difficult.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

bastidon

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 05-05-2014
Elaborate in history as some things don't make sense or seem out of place. Such as change in eye and hair color doesn't make any sense without explanation. Add accessory restrictions like shields or heavy objects because he is frail, and physical frailty would probably make holding a shield up very difficult.

Noted. Thank you.

bastidon

Okay, re-writing this bland ass back story. WIP.