Chapter 5: The Dragon

Started by VonXeno, 03-09-2017

VonXeno

Princess Serris and the Crimson Lion Knights march to take the Ironhand camp and subdue or kill any who intervene. But the Ironhand Guard was a very influential faction; many smaller mercenary groups have rallied to their defense. The band of foreign heroes, Calco Geminus, Ricard Gailus, Core Tempest, Onyx, and even General Altos of Galdea all held the line against Serris' forces and had nearly seized victory.

Until the Dragon, Betsdrael, attacked. Vondus, with his voice recovered but his forces weary, struck a truce with the Crimson Lion Knights to fight alongside the Ironhand Guard to combat this threat. Though uneasy, the truce held, and with the combines forces of Almustadt's greatest warriors, the dragon was bested. Though her fiery strikes barraged them, it was Onyx, a mysterious but well-known swordswoman, who struck the final blow.

After the battle, the remaining Crimson Lion Knights were granted mercy, and imprisoned in the Ironhand camp. Though even as prisoners, some argued that they were treated better than they had been recently, under the King's sudden change in behavior.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.