Chapter 1: The Invasion

Started by VonXeno, 03-09-2017

VonXeno

The Galdean Empire has entered into Almustadt's borders. An empire whose conquest has been unstoppable against a nation that has known no conquering. While Almustadt has the advantage in terrain and skilled warriors, Galdea has numbers. And among those numbers, a mysterious trio of mages, one of which is known to some of the warriors of Safehaven.

Several skirmishes were initiated by the Galdean forces, and most failed to cross both the endless desert of Naud and the Corud Marshlands. Those that did however, faced the Ironhand Guard posted in the Yarin Desert.

With it's record for war, it's no surprise that the Ironhand made short work of Galdean scouts, soldiers, and sorcerers alike. But with each successful campaign, the Empire sent greater numbers of stronger warriors.

Alas, it was not enough. Eventually, Galdea's elite battalion was defeated, along with its Emperor, Firidor. It's said that Firidor was challenged to single combat by a man named Calco Geminus; An auxiliary of the Ironhand's main force. Calco spared the Emperor, leaving him at the mercy of Almustadt's justice system.

Perhaps he should not have?
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.