Almustadt

Started by VonXeno, 04-08-2017

VonXeno

Almustadt
This is a glossary, defining the geography and history of this militant nation.
After an influx of travelers, the crown has decided to have his personal historians educate the newcomers on our land and culture.

Aitha Snowport
Aitha is a snowy little hamlet, tucked away on the frigid western shore. Aithans themselves are rather reclusive people, and with good reason. Most of the general populace of Almustadt have prejudices against magic users, and Aitha hosts many prominent schools and facilities that take such kinds in. This region is also a great place to fish, as many arctic species thrive near the port town.

Orn
The great mountains of Orn are home to some of the hardiest warriors known to Almustadt, and that's saying something. Big, strong, and enduring, the Ornians take pride in their ability to do battle and their amazing smithwork.

Melba Woods
Melba is a relaxing forest at the base of Orn. With hot springs, healers, and a peaceful atmosphere, it's the place where warriors go to rest after weary from battle. Melban natives are also peerless archers; honed by their hunting of forest game.

Plains of Danar
The Plains of Danar. A vast, open area where you could almost run forever. Here, the plains people practice a peculiar form of swordsmanship, where speed is key. The Plains also leave plenty of room for people build a home, as they surround the capital.

Ashstone
The crown jewel of Almustadt, Ashstone is the capital, where the king and his family reside. Outside of the castle is a marketplace, bustling with craftsmen, merchants, and anyone seeking business. Another noteworthy building here is the Gathering Hall, where mercenaries take their missions for pay.

Yarin Sands
The Yarin Sands is a large desert east of the capital. Here, many trade routes take place, and a few mercenary camps position themselves here. The base of the Ironhand Guard protects the desert's water supply.

Naud Ravine
Naud is, put simply, a barren, desolate, war-torn wasteland filled with suffering, insanity, disease, and famine. Those who live here are either insane, criminally exiled, or have no other choice. Beyond Naud is a seemingly endless desert of black sand.

Afterword
Almustadt has a long history of war and mercenaries; though it would be a lie to claim that no crime persists, violent crime is especially foolish in a place with hungry mercenaries seeking work. The only things a newcomer would need to remember in this place is to respect those who have fallen in battle, and to make sure they have a place among warriors.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.