NCR Armor
Enclave Armor
Raider Armor
Ranger Armor
Enclave Tesla Armor(Rare)

Descriptions and things you need to know:

Combat Armor

Strengths: Good for speed, keeps you protected from regular pistols
Weaknesses: Doesn't really protect you from machine-guns, flamers, sub-machine guns, plasma and laser weapons
How to defeat: A regular shot from an SVD, half a magazine or a machine-gun, one burst of a flamer
Mk.2: Mark two of this armor is alittle stronger adding more protection to bullets, and melee hits. Weaknesses are still flamers and laser weapons etc. But it has more protection and more durability than Mk.1
T45D

Strengths: Great protection from most weapons, many features that help survival, has a oxygen tube to the helmet to help with radiation, full protection
Weaknesses: Not the best thing to wear if your running, really heavy, much heavier to other people
How to defeat: Two people must concentrate fire of machine guns upon this armor to cause damage, or a few rounds of laser fire

T51B

Strengths: Even stronger protection from most weapons, has a flashlight on top of the helmet, oxygen tube for stopping radiation, full protection
Weaknesses: Even more heavy than Tb-45, Does not do well when running, much heavier to other people
How to defeat: Three people with machine-guns have to concentrate fire upon this armor to cause damage, about a half a microfusion cell to damage
Mk.2: The Mk.2 of this armor would be Tb-51 and everything above it in numerical order. The strengths that increase each time is: More protection to laser and plasma weapons, more durability, and more add-on's to the armor like a flashlight added to the  Tb-51 armor.

NCR Armor

Strengths: Has a bullet proof vest, good for running, protective against pistols
Weaknesses: Does not do well against laser weapons, heavy weaponry, does not fully protect
How to defeat: Just a shot from an SVD, or a magnum, half a magazine of a sub-machine gun or a machine-gun
Mk.2: The Mk.2 of this armor would be the ranger armor, look below to be more in depth with it.

Ranger armor

Strengths: Does well against most bullet types. Has full metal body armor and helmet protection, gas mask for protection to radiation and certain poisons, eye visors for protecting against sand, and good for agility
Weaknesses: Can get dented after a magazine of a machine-gun or a sub-machine gun, it will worsen after being hit from a laser rifle a few times, even though it is good for agility it is still heavy

Enclave Armor

Strengths: Full protective armor, does well against machine guns, pistols, has a oxygen tube for dealing with radiation, good full protective armor for running
Weaknesses: Can be damaged by laser and plasma weapons, is still pretty slow, really heavy, much heavier to other people
How to defeat: Three people must concentrate fire to cause damage to this armor, a blast or a flamer can cause damage
Mk.2: The Mk.2 of this armor would be the Tesla armor, although like I said you will not find that often

Raider Armor

Strengths: Good for agility, metal plating is good for blocking bullets
Weaknesses: Not fully protective, will not protect against fire, can fall apart easily, really bad protection, small change of a bullet hitting the metal plating
How to defeat: Quarter of a magazine of machine-gun or sub-machine gun fire, a blast of a flamer, laser weapons, plasma weapons
Mk.2: Mk.2 of this armor would just be the added junk that raiders put on it to resist bullets

Enclave Tesla Armor (Rare)

Strenghts: Can stop laser weapons from hitting the surface and affecting it, hydraulics are even stronger than most power armors, oxygen tube to stop radiation from entering
Weaknesses: Does even worse protection to bullets, still slow, really heavy for people, it is still a prototype in Fallout 2 so it will have regular malfunctions that make the armor worse
How to defeat: A strong bullet to the Tesla coils can either turn the Tesla shield off or can even explode at instances

Overwatch

I dare say the hydraulics in power armor, the whole point of putting hydraulics in it, in the first place, is to offset weight differences

pilot

You know...I almost forgot about that. I was too busy thinking what other people have to do and it would be heavy for them. Thanks for finding that.

NuggetandSkull

The hydraulics wouldn't 100% counter the added weight. They would help decrease the load but it wouldn't make it ok. It'll be cumbersome and tough to run in, even with training and hydraulics.

Steven :D

You make it look as if Raider armor is the best armor, you should make cons and pros labeled with +'s and -'s.

pilot

Re did the Raider to make it more sensible.

meetdadoom

How does one bullet not pierce leather armor. And even if someone gets shot by a bullet and somehow the bullet doesn't penetrate through the armor the person will get major bruising if not broken bones.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Overwatch

You should fix up the grammar as well, it'd be half a magazine of machine-gun fire, not half a round. Half a round implies a bullet split into a half ect.

pilot

Their. Anything else?

Overwatch

Looks nice and refined now.

Paintcheck

Enclave Armor doesn't protect against lasers? What the fuck am I reading?

Enclave armor should be >> everything on that list by about 5 million %. Odds of this server doing something canonical are pretty low though so I guess that's why.

pilot

Quote from: Paintcheck on 10-04-2012
Enclave Armor doesn't protect against lasers? What the fuck am I reading?

Enclave armor should be >> everything on that list by about 5 million %. Odds of this server doing something canonical are pretty low though so I guess that's why.

How do you think you defeat power armor? You attack it with lasers right?

jaik

Quote from: pilot on 10-04-2012
How do you think you defeat power armor?

I killed Enclave with a hunting rifle in FO3 so that's how it should be in the server too.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Madcombat

High Caliber projectiles will penetrate the armor any day.  1 Shot is all it takes.

NuggetandSkull

Quote from: Madcombat on 10-04-2012
High Caliber projectiles will penetrate the armor any day.  1 Shot is all it takes.
What about tesla armor? Is that still in-use? I've seen people complaining about how much tesla can stop. Would a high caliber round get through this seemingly legendary tesla field? Or would it be fried up like the rest?

pilot

During Fallout 2 the Tesla armor is a prototype which means you mostly wont see it. But I will put it up just for those instances

NuggetandSkull

During Fallout 2 the Tesla armor is a prototype which means you mostly wont see it. But I will put it up just for those instances
Alright. Good to know. Since it's a prototype there would be some issues with it so it isn't perfect protection from everything as most people describe it to be.

pilot

If anyone has any armor you want up there just write it and I will look into it and put it up. Think of this as an active guide.

NuggetandSkull

If anyone has any armor you want up there just write it and I will look into it and put it up. Think of this as an active guide.
Could you add footnotes to armors with 'upgraded' versions? Like, describe the differences between combat armor mk. 1 and combat armor mk. 2 (just an example. You could go more in-depth with raider armor).

pilot

Sure thing let me do it now.

Tom

This needs revised. Badly. So does A LOT of other things on the server.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Quote from: Madcombat on 10-04-2012

No.

"2067: The first suit of T-45d power armor is deployed for combat duty among American infantrymen fighting the Chinese occupation of Alaska. While lacking the full mobility of future versions of the armor, this early suit of power armor is incredibly effective against conventional Chinese tanks and infantry. Its ability to allow a single infantryman to carry heavy ordinance becomes key in various localized conflicts during the Sino-American War, and it has the power to destroy entire towns without endangering the wearer from attacks by conventional firearms or even missile launchers" (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Power_armor)

That's T-45. Enclave armor is much better after 180+ years of development time (yes they had issues with prototypes early on but APA is better than T-51 armor and T-51 armor is pretty good). You're not going to be punching through it with one shot, at least not in one shot from what the wastelanders have.

Yeah I understand in server things need to be nerfed a little bit since it would be kind of stupid if one Enclave soldier had the power to take on every single other being in the server simultaneously without breaking a sweat but I don't think you realize at all how powerful this type of armor is in universe.

Overwatch

if it can take on tanks and towns, why does it only have 65% BR?

Paintcheck

Quote from: OverPony on 10-04-2012
if it can take on tanks and towns, why does it only have 65% BR?

Because the designers of the game didn't read their own fluff when designing the armor?

Or more likely because fighting invincible enemies would suck so they toned it down a bit.

And even if we are looking at in game stats where is the OP getting "Enclave armor is weak against lasers"? Enclave Armor has a DR of 90% against lasers and is the most effective armor in the entire game against energy weapons.

pilot

Okay, weak was used in the wrong context, I meant weak as in lasers can damage armor more than bullets.