NLR, TK, PK, TI, PI, and GR

Started by Pepsigod, 28-11-2011

Pepsigod

NLR, TK, PK, TI, PI, and GR

These are six general after battle terms used in the server. Many here gained false ideas on what some of these terms mean and stand for leading people to break some of the the rules accidentally and jeopardize the integrity and immersion of someone else's role play. I'm here to explain what these terms mean, after you read this there should be no reason you should ever be confused again - if you don't know these terms you are expected to learn them, Now.

NLR - New Life Rule, this concept is harder to grasp as the meaning changes from server to server, generally the term means once you are killed you forget how you died, well this isn't dark RP and it's more complicated than that. Once you're NLRed you must not only forget how you died, but any conflicts that had led up to the events in which you died; like it never even happened. Take this example - Johnny and Billy have been fighting for a month, Billy kills Johnny. When Johnny "re-spawns" he forgets any conflict with billy.
(Note: Breaking NLR and meta gaming is a Bannable offense.)

TK - Temporary Kill, this concept is what branches NLR and a PK by killing off a person, or say imprisioning them for a while. Now this is where it gets complicated, a TK can happen in two ways. When involving a death the person is killed off for a certain amount of time and when the TK wares off you must follow NLR rules. When a TK involves improvement or "leaving" you are "Killed off" for a certain amount of time, but when you get back NLR rules DO NOT apply.
(Note: While TK'd you are not allowed to role play that character, if you do it is a Bannable offense.)

PK - Permanent Kill, this concept is short and sweet. Once you receive authorization from Two unbiased admins or 3 TO's  you may attempt to kill off a player for good, but just note that counter PK authorizations are automatically granted if you receive the PK authorization. This means if the other player you are trying to kill kills you than you're PK'd instead of him.
(Note: It is ideal to have a admin oversee a PK, if none are present screenshots and logs must be recorded for review if needed.)

TI - Temporary Injury, this concept is meant to help immersion and allow more possibilities for roleplay. Basically this can be self authorized (if it's affecting your character) or by an admin authorization to cause temporary injury for a certain amount of time. Examples are as follows: Broken Bones, Sprained Ankle, and cuts.
(Note: Breaking a TI before the time is up is a Bannable offense and will be investigated. ((Unless authed to do so)))

PI - Permanent Injury, this concept is also meant to help immersion and allow more possibilites for role play. This concept can be self authorized ( if it's affecting your character ) or authorized by an admin to cause a permanent injury for as long as that character lives (until PK'd or otherwise). Examples are as follows: Scars, and loss of limbs.
(Note: Breaking a PI is a Bannable offense and will be investigated ((unless authed to do so)))

GR - Gear Return, this concept has nothing to do with affecting role play what so ever. This concept is used if a S2K fight were to break out and a admin declares S2K with GR. GR means after the fight is over everyone will recieve their gear back.

That's the guide, study it, and follow it.

Khorn

STK, STM, STRP.

You need those too.

Pepsigod

Quote from: Khorn on 28-11-2011
STK, STM, STRP.

You need those too.

Check my other guide for Battle terms, these are after action terms.

Khorn

Either way, very few people will read these.

Trust me, it happen to my guide for SRP.

Pepsigod

Every little part helps, that's not the type of attitude that should come from a admin.

You have to try, or else everything will collapse (again)

Khorn

Sorry, do you know me? At all?

If you did, you know how I act and the fact I'm not really an admin anymore due to stupid GMod issues.

And the fact that This sub section has a very small view number.

Pepsigod

Quote from: Khorn on 28-11-2011

And the fact that This sub section has a very small view number.

Doesn't mean it won't increase, these have only been up for two days - this guide for one.