Combat Rules, Standards, and Know abouts

Started by Pepsigod, 26-11-2011

Pepsigod

Alright before we start I just want to make it clear that I am not a admin, I don't back seat admin and I do not persecute against anyone in this community no matter how bad I think their role play or attitude is. I'm a simple role player in this community who believes the role play standards should be set to a extremely high standard and I want to help this community, or at least this portion of the community, become one of the best role play servers I had stepped into. So with out further a due here is my guide on.....
Combat Rules, Standards, and Know Abouts

So first things first, lets go over role play matters with weaponry, the first being about combat than about passive.

So it's obviously apparent that with the first two days of FORP's launch (or re-launch) there has been many gun fights which led many ending in a "WTF" or a "I need a refund damn it!" and then it being voided, redone or what ever because the fight in its self was complete and utter crap. So, here goes my definitions and when they are used on fighting rules.

S2M - Shoot to miss, this form of fighting role play is commonly believed to be known as "Waste your ammo and who ever runs out of ammo first looses" that's wrong, and not how anything would be done realistically. (Now, there are also some who say "Well this is a game not real life." True, but this is Serious role play which implies you role play a character realistically, as if it were you.) So, what shoot to miss actually means is that during combat you shoot around the other character(s) and role play out the situation either through negotiations by OOC or by a simpler means - /roll. This obviously makes more sense, and it's how it should be done no matter how you look at it.

S2RP/S2I - Shoot to Role play / Shoot to Injure, this form of fighting role play is commonly believed to be known as "/roll and hope for the best, higher number wins" this is also wrong as this is referred to Shoot to Miss. So, what it actually means (and it should be negotiated between both parties to prevent all out Shoot to kill) is that the players will shoot directly at the other player(s) but not to kill, instead injure. This type of combat is made to allow injury role play (Which I will make a guide on later) and it can be negotiated on where the other player was hit.

S2K -  Shoot to kill, this form of fighting is self explanatory and implies that the parties will shoot at each other just like a CS:S match - to kill each other before the other one kills you. Now, this type of role play has a rule, which is the fighting must be fair as in there is no strafing back in forth, or ducking up and down, or jumping from buildings etc.

Now lets go over when to use these forms of combat role play - The general server policy at the moment is S2M which as you read means to role play your fight. Shoot to Injury and Shoot to kill are only in effect if A. a admin declares it or B. it is agreed on by ALL parties, trust me I made the mistake before and paid for it.

Now that we know the Combat side of things, let's go over passive material which can some times apply to combat situations (Note. Only for the true skilled roleplayers)

Weapon Jams - Unless you are sporting a nice, shiny plasma or laser weapon you weapon can jam, while some guns jam more than others based on how their made or how clean they are, they will all jam at some point in the weapons life. Some weapons allow for the S.L.A.P technique (A.A 3 if you are clueless) while others must have the bullet dug out by hand, either way it makes for a good role player to allow your gun to jam during battle.

Weapon Cleaning - Every weapon requires it needing to be cleaned, this can be done in your free time while waiting around in town or talking with someone - if you want to go into detail on how to clean your particular gun search up how to take your gun apart and what not. (Note: Might be hard with weapons that have been "Made up.")

Weapon Breakdown - Weapons break down over time, meaning they need new parts - Indulge yourself in scavenging just to find parts for weaponry, you could role play using them in guns, you can sell them, and with admin authorization you could even make your gun upgraded. Such as having a IC M203 onto your M16.

This is the end of the guide, I hope you learned a thing or two from reading it. Please come to me with any questions about what you have read.

http://www.youtube.com/v/UmLZnh-VtZA&NR&autoplay=1

Storm_Shield

Some people don't know this so good job on making this guide.
I'm back from the dead...

AdrianSnake

Now we see how many people bother to fucking read it. And I am glas someone mentioned SLAP from AA3 which is what I do irl on firing range...Sometimes.

lolKieck

Autoplay music doesn't make this thread cooler, it just pisses people off and scares them away because they don't want to hear it.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Pepsigod

Quote from: lolKieck on 27-11-2011
Autoplay music doesn't make this thread cooler, it just pisses people off and scares them away because they don't want to hear it.

Thank you for your input, your words will be taken into account when writing the next guide (Either Injury rp or NLR rules).

Signed,
Pepsi.

jaik

Quote from: Pepsigod on 27-11-2011
Quote from: lolKieck on 27-11-2011

Thank you for your input, your words will be taken into account when writing the next guide (Either Injury rp or NLR rules).

Signed,
Pepsi.

you don't need to sign your posts we know who you are
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Pepsigod