Magic & Spells List & Information

Started by Silver Knight, 28-11-2011

Silver Knight

((SK is going to bitch at me for this but I don't care. These spell lists are more like guidelines than actual FACTS, please read the sticky about how magic works before reading this. A lot of this info is overcomplicated and unnecessary if you understand the stickies/talk to Paintcheck))

Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Energy are the 5 main elements. The most powerful magical users can combine multiple elements to make other elements. Few magical users can combine 3 and little to a handful of people in history have been able to use all 5 elements.

Main                              Sub
E- Earth                              G- Lightning (Air + Water)
F- Fire                              L- Light (Fire + Energy)
W- Water                              D- Dark (Fire + Earth)
A- Wind                              S- Spirit (Air + Energy)
Y- Energy                              N- Nature (Earth + Water)

Ultimate Elements (Elements of Heros)
To Note, learning a ultimate counts as a main Element.

C- Chaos (Dark + Dark)
H- Holy (Light + Light)

There are various other elements, however mastery of such things is literally not heard of, most magic users only ever attain one of the 5 main elements. The human body cannot control more than 3 without destroying it'self.

Spells used by magical users are reflected by their magical affinitys, players are born with an affinity for a magic type and may overtime unlock another magical affinity to have two or more. For most they spend their whole lives mastering that one element.

Facts:
Magical users cannot learn more than 3 Main Elemental affinities without destroying themselves. Those who have done so use other means to accomplish more than 3 such as using magical artifacts.

To learn 3 elements is very rare, unheard of and almost impossible to achieve.

Direct Attack Spells:
Name || Magic Affinity Required || Type
Breath of Fire- FA
Breath of Frost- WA
Chain Lightning- GG
Crushing Wave- WW
Death Coil- DD
Entangle- E
Fire Bolt- F
Flamestrike- FF
Forked Lightning- AG
Frost Bolt- WA
Frost Blast- WWA
Mana Burn- S
Rain of Fire- FW
Shadow Strike- DE
Shockwave- EG
Stormbolt- G

Summons:

Parasite- DE
Raise Dead- DE
Treants- NE
Water Elemental- WY
Fire Elemental- FY
Earth Elemental- EY

Healing:

Essence of Blight- LDY
Drain Life- DY
Heal- LL
Healing Wards- LY
Holy Light- LL
Rejuvination- EL

Aura's:
Aura's depend on your magical affinities, when the magic user uses magic it forms a aura around the magical user.

Spirit Aura- S
Nature Aura- N
Holy Aura- L
Unholy Aura- D

Positive Buffs:

Frenzy- DS
Frost Armor- WY
Lightning Shield- GY
Spiritual Roar- SY
Spell Steal- YY

Defence and Avoidence:

Phase Jump- SY
Divine Shield- LL
Mana Shield- YS
Mirror Image- YS
Spirit Walk*- SA

Manipulation:

Banish- AYD
Cyclone- AS
Hex- EN
Polymorph- YYY
Sleep- DW

-Magic:
Abolish Magic- YYL
Anti Magic Shell- YYY
Devour Magic- DDY
Dispel Magic- LE

Melee Spells:

Ring of Fire- DFF

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

While I have been meaning to put together a spell list for a while it would be nice if you had spoken to me or the other admins before asspulling all of this out of nowhere and greatly overcomplicating the magic system we had in place.

KingArthur

So, its like magica... we just... click... y... 3 times.... DRAGON FORM ACTIVATEDDD FOS DO RAH

Chrono

why no meteor shower ? D:

Plunger

And then all the canon about magic was thrown out the window for no reason, again.

Tom

And so the 3rd death of crussaria begins
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Chrono

Yeah...back to the old magic canon please.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Chrono on 28-11-2011
Yes because a magic user really has the ability to pull down meteorites from the sky...

Quote from: Plunger on 28-11-2011
And then all the canon about magic was thrown out the window for no reason, again.

Nothing is being thrown out.

Quote from: Tom on 28-11-2011
And so the 3rd death of Crussaria begins
No.

Cannon is the same. This list will be a magic\spell list for spells i make. You can rp doing whatever for now. The elements thing is the only canon change, it was heading down that direction anyway, only written in brief.

Plunger

Quote from: Last.Exile on 28-11-2011
Yes because a magic user really has the ability to pull down meteorites from the sky...

No.

Cannon is the same. This list will be a magic\spell list for spells i make. You can rp doing whatever for now. The elements thing is the only canon change, it was heading down that direction anyway, only written in brief.
you changed a big part though, now it's like WoW. ARE YOU A FIRE OR ICE MAGE???????

Tom

No.

you changed a big part though, now it's like WoW. ARE YOU A FIRE OR ICE MAGE???????

If I wanted to play world of warcraft I would play world of warcraft. . . not crussaria. . .
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Turkey

No.

If I wanted to play world of warcraft I would play world of warcraft. . . not crussaria. . .

Ravanger

I think we should should have it basiclly just self form to what people want for their own magicka you could say.

I mean we could give someone a base on a certain type of magic and then they can send it out in many different forms they learn themselves so in away we don't really need this and we could use in like admin room just for a reference to a spell we might have or something but I don't think we should go off it solidly.

To be honest I think Paintcheck's system was working swell but I think we can use this for somewhat an idea list for people to have if they want to use a spell of some sort but as I said I don't think we should run off of this.

You want us to revive Crussaria ( Even though fallout really ruined everything divideing the player base even more.)
then we will run off of what we see fit and can work with, I mean you did give me SV to do that basiclly.

Tom

So far something like this has not been needed as no one has power played doing anything stupid yet
Oh boy.

Ravanger

Well another thing is I don't think we should make magic too linear and all shown and known magic spells, I mean we could keep something like this hidden for personal reference to possible spells etc but I think we our magic system we had is and will work much better than this no offence to you LE.

Not to offend you or anything just let us handle all the cannon etc for now, you just make dem wonderful content and updates and we form up the cannon.

I mean Le if you want the server to survive just let me and my comrades handle the cannon and stay with content.

Not you insult you or anything but we are very intelligent of the status ingame and how we should handle the cannon and roleplay situation, I know its your project and all but if you want this server to stay alive let us handle the cannon.

Keep truth of magic...Well Magic.

So really I might end up removeing this and or moveing this somewhere for fitting so we can keep magic to the old ways.

First I must talk to you my Lord.

Steven :D

Quote from: Ravanger on 28-11-2011
Well another thing is I don't think we should make magic too linear and all shown and known magic spells, I mean we could keep something like this hidden for personal reference to possible spells etc but I think we our magic system we had is and will work much better than this no offence to you LE.

Not to offend you or anything just let us handle all the cannon etc for now, you just make dem wonderful content and updates and we form up the cannon.

I mean Le if you want the server to survive just let me and my comrades handle the cannon and stay with content.

Not you insult you or anything but we are very intelligent of the status ingame and how we should handle the cannon and roleplay situation, I know its your project and all but if you want this server to stay alive let us handle the cannon.

Keep truth of magic...Well Magic.

So really I might end up removeing this and or moveing this somewhere for fitting so we can keep magic to the old ways.
Praise the lord.

Paintcheck

SPELL "CANON" FUCKING CORRECTLY YOU GODDAMN IDIOT-I mean I agree with this post. The simple system in use allows for far more flexibility than trying to categorize every possible spell and elemental affinity.

Plunger

Quote from: Paintcheck on 28-11-2011

SPELL "CANON" FUCKING CORRECTLY YOU GODDAMN IDIOT-I mean I agree with this post. The simple system in use allows for far more flexibility than trying to categorize every possible spell and elemental affinity.
I thought I was the only one who noticed the spelling.

Ravanger

Seems you folks care more about grammer than the server lol.

But mehh typical elitest.

Paintcheck

Lrn2read Ravanger or get a sense of humor.

Madcombat

Since the list is here either way, why dont we add this in as part as a IC mage theory to how magic works.  That means it doesnt neccecerly have to be true.

Silver Knight

It stays. All it has done is add depth, you can turn a blind eye to the actual spell list. But the elemental affinity's up there are staying, end of story.

This part, is whats being added to the canon:

Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Energy are the 5 main elements. The most powerful magical users can combine multiple elements to make other elements. Few magical users can combine 3 and little to a handful of people in history have been able to use all 5 elements.

Main                              Sub
E- Earth                              G- Lightning (Air + Water)
F- Fire                              L- Light (Fire + Energy)
W- Water                              D- Dark (Fire + Earth)
A- Wind                              S- Spirit (Air + Energy)
Y- Energy                              N- Nature (Earth + Water)
Ultimate Elements (Elements of Heros)
To Note, learning a ultimate counts as a main Element.

C- Chaos (Dark + Dark)
H- Holy (Light + Light)

If you want to shit over it, compare it to just about any magical system out there, even the religion paganism. If you still don't like it then, don't be a magic user and kindly go fuck yourself. If anything, paintcheck already wrote about this, i just added depth.

Plunger

The problem is that your spell idea really constrains RP by casting all the mages in set roles.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Plunger on 29-11-2011
The problem is that your spell idea really constrains RP by casting all the mages in set roles.

I accept that, it's just a tempoary list, alot of that can be changed. Besides i still intend to make offensive spells script based to keep them balanced. For the most part neutral spells like levitation and things which don't really need a spell system for, are fine without scripted sweps. The point is the spell list does not reflect the overal spells.

Plunger

Quote from: Last.Exile on 29-11-2011

I accept that, it's just a tempoary list, alot of that can be changed. Besides i still intend to make offensive spells script based to keep them balanced. For the most part neutral spells like levitation and things which don't really need a spell system for, are fine without scripted sweps. The point is the spell list does not reflect the overal spells.
Ah, my mistake, I took the limitation to two elements to mean that if someone wants to use something like lighting a fire with magic, they're suddenly only allowed to use fire spells.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Last.Exile on 29-11-2011

Ah, my mistake, I took the limitation to two elements to mean that if someone wants to use something like lighting a fire with magic, they're suddenly only allowed to use fire spells.

The term affinity basically means good at a certain element. A natural direction towards a element. They can still use other spells, it just won't be very good compared to what their affinity is.

Novice in magic: No affinity
Apprentice in magic: One affinity
Expert in magic: Two affinitys
Master in magic: Three affinitys.

Anyone who has more than 3 uses techniques around said issue to achieve more than three elements as the body cannot retain or use more than 3.

Again, the point is, to not have "jack of all trade" masters in all 5 elements. But at the same time not to the extent where magic users are not limited to using one element. Elements can be combined to make sub elements for more powerful spells, like duel spells in skyrim for example. This builds up varity.