Radioactive Sandbox

Started by shart, 15-03-2011

shart

Hey all!

Some of you may have seen my latest gamemode, Radioactive Sandbox. I have a friend who gave me access to his server so i have been constantly updating my gamemode on it and testing with people. I've noticed a few people with HGN tags joining... Compared to the average player they were more mature and adapted better to the gamemode so i figured i'd come here to ask for some opinions.

I don't want to repeat myself, but here are some of the main facets of my gamemode (the FP thread is here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1060349-Radioactive-Sandbox )

Ahem:

* Customizable item system. Create your own items unique to your server, if you want.
    * Day/night cycles that are map-independent. All you need is an env_sun in your map.
    * Item/spawnpoint placement gun for admins, so you can make the gamemode playable on any map.
    * Weapon base that supports scoped and non-scoped weapons.
    * Dynamic radar that detects various things.
    * Quests! Talk to your faction's trader NPC if you are looking for a quest. If you are a Lua scripter you can make your own quests too!
    * Anomalies! Inspired by STALKER, of course. There are a bunch of different anomalies, each with their own properties. Some are relatively harmless, like the Hoverstone anomaly. Some are very dangerous, such as the Vortex anomaly and the Death Pearl anomaly.
    * Mysterious and powerful artifacts.
    * Random events, such as fallout storms which force players to take cover, and rare Super-Anomalies.
    * Bleeding, radiation, and stamina system that directly affects the player. You can also get drunk.
    * Custom player animations! Holster your weapon, salute people, put your hands behind you head like a hostage and more.
* Moddable! Do you want more/less zombies or more/less rogue NPCs? Do you want to change the team names and playermodels? Do you want more or less anomalies/artifacts? There are many convars as well as a moddable lua file for admins to tinker with.

As you can see, the gamemode is heavily STALKER influenced. Currently the only map it works well on is srp_thegarbage... Although i am having a custom version of rp_apocalypse made for this gamemode.

The one problem my gamemode faces is that it doesn't have enough publicity. So that's why i am sharing it with you here! It would be cool to see what a mature roleplay community can do with this gamemode. Hell, if the random people who join my server can pull it off, then i think you guys won't have a problem.

I am also open to suggestions for my gamemode. If you think it could use a certain feature then post it here or in the FP thread!
teh

jaik

This was actually made by Rambo
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Steven :D

I have played before, I enjoy being a Bandit but those rouge NPC's are pretty tough to kill.

shart

Quote from: Jake on 15-03-2011

Erm, that's who i am
teh

jaik

Quote from: shart on 15-03-2011
Quote from: Jake on 15-03-2011

Erm, that's who i am

Oh, you got permabanned from FP.
Sup
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Mmmm im going to give this server chance.

Ravanger

By Rambo you mean the guy who made Redead correct.

nKe

1. Permasave items needed (working one)
2. Add good missions instead of boring ones
3. More weps and items with high costs

There.