RadiationScript 3.2

Started by Silver Knight, 15-08-2010

Khorn

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-09-2010
...So your logic is "HGN should continue worsening its reputation more and more because that is exactly what it needs when the server is 0/45 all day, every day even when a good 30% or so of the active player base knows the password?"

No wonder things are going so well -_-

I would play, but won't let myself play on weekdays. Besides, HGN is going through a script change, and classes started up for most people.

Silver Knight

Quote from: KillSlim on 17-09-2010
And don't flame other communities in your posts.

A bit too late for that. HGN is one of the most hated communities in Gmod and has been for a while, and that's not gonna' change.

We are only "hated" by stuckup troll communties and then some servers some "retards" trolled on with HGN tags (Jokerice) Although that should be sorted out now. It's a known fact our disposition has worsened with tnb but we are mature enough to say (Yeah they suck - but we won't go out of our way to troll/attack them)

At the end of the day HGN wants to maintain a mature, unique and fun-loving community and i will remove anyone who goes against those ethics.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

lolKieck

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-09-2010

A bit too late for that. HGN is one of the most hated communities in Gmod and has been for a while, and that's not gonna' change.

We are only "hated" by stuckup troll communties and then some servers some "retards" trolled on with HGN tags (Jokerice) Although that should be sorted out now. It's a known fact our disposition has worsened with tnb but we are mature enough to say (Yeah they suck - but we won't go out of our way to troll/attack them)

At the end of the day HGN wants to maintain a mature, unique and fun-loving community and i will remove anyone who goes against those ethics.

From what I remember, Romka trolled JKI.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steven :D

Quote from: lolKieck on 19-09-2010
Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-09-2010
And Jake.

From what I remember, Romka trolled JKI.

jaik

No lol, you think that he trolled it, because JKI said so.
Well, if you really believe them, kay.
Actually, players just got butthurt and jealous, because I had like the highest level and killed all of the NPCs in the area.
I didn't take the tag off, since I was just playing the game how it was supposed to be played (???).
Don't bother to accuse me when you weren't even there.

I like where this thread is going.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Steven :D

Actually, I was there when romka got banned lol.

lolKieck

Quote from: Steven :D on 19-09-2010
Actually, I was there when romka got banned lol.

Jake always prefer alternatively looking for conspiracy, Steven maybe knows that Romka got banned for things he did.

Anyway, guys, back to topic.

I suggest removing the cash-for-prop thing.

Chrono

I totally agree on removing the cash-for-prop thing..it doesnt make sense its very annoying and i suggest to take out the prop protection..i was rping today and we couldnt use the props in the room to rp like barricading a door with a chair etc..

Paintcheck

The point of the cash for props thing is to prevent people from making huge doomforts that lag and crash the server. It's not a perfect system but it certainly works.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 19-09-2010
The point of the cash for props thing is to prevent people from making huge doomforts that lag and crash the server. It's not a perfect system but it certainly works.

It's only 1 ruble per prop and you get it back when you undo it however it's not a bad system.

Just to note latest update stops players dropping money.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Chrono

hmm certain times or props i dont know it doesnt refund your money when you undo it.

lolKieck

Quote from: Chrono on 20-09-2010
hmm certain times or props i dont know it doesnt refund your money when you undo it.

Yep, lost some roubles by that.

Ace of Hearts

Changename command? Just noticed there isn't one...

Very inconvienant for factions who put the character's rank in their name, Military and Monolith being the factions I'm talking about.

Elder 'Kafka'
Maj. Sergei Kozak

Have to shorten it to just name and depend on remembering the rank/using title (Which I don't think displays once you can recognize a character), or never be promoted at all.

jaik

Quote from: SimplyStealth on 23-09-2010
Changename command? Just noticed there isn't one...

There is, it's just admin only.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

REMOVE THE GODDAMN TRADERS BUY IN BULK SHIT

At this rate it will be 9 years before anyone can afford AKs since traders don't get paychecks and have to buy 5 at once.

Chrono

Totally agreed paintcheck..this shipment thing just isnt working..a trader would need to sell like 100000 vodkas to buy a shipment of Ak's..That means remove it !!

Mrtasker

Also doesn't help factions, when I have to spend money to buy five suits. When I only need one, the other four will most likely go to waste and thats just bad for the enviroment.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Tom

Realism < Gameplay.

There are times when Realism is important, Like in a /me fight, it is unlikely that two Ju Jitzu Masters will meet in the zone and happen to be armed with High grade martial arts equipment. This is when Realism is important. ((Also in weapons accuracies, But we won't get into that, since people have been bitching about that for 99999 Years and nothing has happened))

However, When it comes to game mechanics issues, It may be more 'Realistic' For traders to buy in bulk, but it makes gameplay shit because no one can afford guns, or suits, Which is a VERY VERY bad thing. So using deductive reasoning,and proof that people ((The Players)) and Admins do not like this system, and studies show that this shipment system is a crock of shit, It is logical to conclude that one should get rid of or abolish said system and relace it with the old 'Buy singles' System, since that prevents bitching and allows for new players to obtain weapons, If the consern is older players Obtaining Exos/FN's in weeks, That is a simle fix, Raise the price on High tier weapons and armors, and leave Medium and low Tier guns and suits at a lower price.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

When I think of Traders in the zone, I never think of them buying anything other then food and medical supplies in bulk.

For guns and suits, I would assume they get single packs.

lolKieck

Quote from: Tom on 30-09-2010
Realism < Gameplay.

There are times when Realism is important, Like in a /me fight, it is unlikely that two Ju Jitzu Masters will meet in the zone and happen to be armed with High grade martial arts equipment. This is when Realism is important. ((Also in weapons accuracies, But we won't get into that, since people have been bitching about that for 99999 Years and nothing has happened))

However, When it comes to game mechanics issues, It may be more 'Realistic' For traders to buy in bulk, but it makes gameplay shit because no one can afford guns, or suits, Which is a VERY VERY bad thing. So using deductive reasoning,and proof that people ((The Players)) and Admins do not like this system, and studies show that this shipment system is a crock of shit, It is logical to conclude that one should get rid of or abolish said system and relace it with the old 'Buy singles' System, since that prevents bitching and allows for new players to obtain weapons, If the consern is older players Obtaining Exos/FN's in weeks, That is a simle fix, Raise the price on High tier weapons and armors, and leave Medium and low Tier guns and suits at a lower price.

'Nuff said. High Tier should be pretty much rare.

Paintcheck

The way I saw it was the old trader system assumed the traders had an inventory of goods with them at their trading posts (so they already had smuggled in several AKs and Desert Eagles and suits that were sitting in their storage rooms) and then the trader price they paid to sell each individual gun was the per-unit price for the good to be smuggled. Made more sense that way.

KingArthur

Well, its not a problem with buying low tier guns in bulk, but when you start talking about 5 VSS's or 5 SVDs then its going to be insanly priced, and people don't buy those weapons often.

Paintcheck

Even low end guns are painful to buy in bulk. Traders don't get paychecks so even spending a couple thousand for 5 AKS74Us can be very difficult if you don't have buyers in advance.

Bielecki

I like the idea of buying in bulks, but I can imagine that it can be very annoying for expensive items.

Paintcheck

You're in the extreme minority. Buying in bulk is probably one of the worst things that has ever happened to this server in terms of making loner RP possible.