Map Development Mega Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 09-01-2009

Silver Knight

Map Development Mega Thread

This is where developers of the map can post their map design content, only post content which is approved by me, you are allowed to comment on it there.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tea

Map - Bridge

This is the bridge that connects the two halves of the map, silver wanted it to be fairly tall so ships can pass under it, please if you have any suggestions on detail or something i can add to make it look better, dont be afraid to post.

PICS

Sorry if the pics are too big.

gordon13

Looking good. I hope you're planning on adding Infinite Sea in the Skybox so when players reach the end of the river it doesn't just look like sky, if you see what I mean?

Sikth

Man, that looks nice. It'd be cool if you had a Lord of The rings sorta thing with the statue with the book pointing. Perhaps towards the city? Just an idea.

Plunger

Now, I'm no mapper, but didn't you just copy one part of the bridge and paste it on the other side?

Wiggles

isnt that the logical thing to do considering most bridges are symmetrical

Plunger

I noticed the textures are the same.

Tea

@ Plunger: Why wouldnt they?

@ DonuT: I thought of that, but unless mattyK writes a story up about the bridge it will remain the same :/

@ Gordon: You mean a 3d skybox, well im currently not working on the land scape so it differs.

Plunger

I mean like the textures off of the bridge. The earth looks the same on both sides.

Tea

Why wouldnt it be the same? you dont expect the colors of the rainbow in rock, stupid...

Plunger

gordon13

You could add some rock/boulder models on either side of the river, and where the bridge actualy intersects with the sides of the river, to break the symmetry of the scene.

Zstan

You could add a huge ass coloseum

Tea

Guys, this is a prefab bridge. I have a VMF of the seperate bridge. I just made a quick scene to display what it would look like in game, please talk about the bridge, not the rocks XD.

gordon13

Ah right I thought this was the start of the whole map!^^
Well the bridge itself is looking good anyway, although I would consider building some blocks in an Arch on the bottom side of the bridge like in this picture:
http://www.kobblestone.ca/images/catalogue/medieval/med_bridge_front01.jpg

you can clearly see how the blocks made up in an Arch to support the weight of the bridge.

MattyK

MOAR EYE CANDEH!!!

Good job so far, can't wait to see the Harbour.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

rokema

I would like to see an epic Castle.. :2guns: :Dying-Soldier: :Disintegrating-Soldier:

Turnkey

Yea, castle would be epic.
Can you make a big hole in the side, and then make it look like someone repaired the hole with wood planks?

MattyK

Quote from: Turnkey Yea, castle would be epic.
Can you make a big hole in the side, and then make it look like someone repaired the hole with wood planks?

No, with rubble, we don't need a patchwerk castle.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Turnkey

QuoteNo, with rubble, we don't need a patchwerk castle.

I mean the bridge

rokema

Big bridge with a cave under it would be nice.
An ork could live under the bridge.

Turnkey

Ye.. No wut! Why would there be a cave in the water?

rokema

Quote from: Turnkey Ye.. No wut! Why would there be a cave in the water?

For ducks? I mean at the Waterbed.. The water won't be like 1 under the bridge?

MattyK

Quote from: rokema Big bridge with a cave under it would be nice.
An ork could live under the bridge.

Reece* could live under it, sod the orks.
Follow my Twitter HERE!

Turnkey

Aha, would it be possible for the map developers to show off their progress?