Jurassic Park Trespasser: Source\Gmod Project

Started by Silver Knight, 22-08-2012

Silver Knight

Jurassic Park Trespasser: Source\Gmod Project

This is a Single Player Game based on Trespasser.

Concept:
This a collection of maps in which replicates the game "Trespasser" with the adventures of Anne throughout the island but on the source engine with a reimagined and developed world in which she can explore. Most levels in the game will be the same as in the orginal with enhancements and more detail and depth to better create trespasser on the more sophisticated engine.

Developers:
SilverKnight - Project Lead\Lua\Mapping
Thekritter71 - Porting

Contributer:
Rin - Porting

Early Work:

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

jaik

This is not a roleplay project to anyone who misunderstood the location and the meaning of this thread.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

Who is misunderstanding it?

It's clear this won't be RP, but why is HGN, or Silver, taking part in making this? Shouldn't our one man team be more focused our current projects for GMod 13?

jaik

Quote from: Khorn on 23-08-2012

It's clear this won't be RP, but why is HGN, or Silver, taking part in making this? Shouldn't our one man team be more focused our current projects for GMod 13?

People that had their posts removed.

There's nothing we can do for HGN until gmod13 comes out, and after that we'll see what happens next.

Gonztah

jaik

Ragolution

jaik

Quote from: Ragolution on 28-08-2012

maybe instead of assuming, you should've heard the sudden dozen of people crying on ts3 that Silver's doing 'Dinosaur RP'.

Khorn

I'm sorry that I avoid TS since it's almost a secondary GVC.

Silver Knight

I am looking for modellers\porters to contribute to the assets i currently have for the source engine. I have a few people such as thekritter who has helped port some things over already.

What you see below is part of the development process. These are early pictures in the scheme of things they are just early reference pictures.

I started out right on the beach, i gathered that the orginal trespasser beach was rather small but was unlikely to have enabled Anne and part of the plane to be washed ashore in such a tight space so i made it somewhat wider.
[spoiler]Around 5 minutes work:

Around 20 minutes work:

About an hour's work:
[/spoiler]

I slowly moved away from the beach, i did the rock hop that anne does but decided in a sloped decent instead of just an overall hill to go up and over to the construction site.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Moving on i went to work on the construction site. I always thought the foundations were abit too blocky, well after all they were just a square with a texture so i gave it more form.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

After this i considered adding more detail, if it was a construction site, surely there would be supports, scaffholding, old construction equipment that ingen could not salvage and take back with them.

[spoiler]
Here the arrows indicate a path in which the player can jump to reach the other platforms.
[/spoiler]

Next up came the road, a dirt trail to the training ground but first it would have to pass near the other construction area.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Then i got to the training area, putting down the other foundations around the construction site.

[spoiler]
Adding more detail, the "push" doors.

Playing with the water texture on the beach to be more tranquil.

The path leading down to where the site b sign is.

A palm tree from trespasser in source. It's low-poly nature looks alright far away but too close and it's rather off-putting.

Tools of the trade.
[/spoiler]

Steven :D

Quote from: SilverKnight on 04-09-2012
I am looking for modellers\porters to contribute to the assets i currently have for the source engine. I have a few people such as thekritter who has helped port some things over already.

What you see below is part of the development process. These are early pictures in the scheme of things they are just early reference pictures.

I started out right on the beach, i gathered that the orginal trespasser beach was rather small but was unlikely to have enabled Anne and part of the plane to be washed ashore in such a tight space so i made it somewhat wider.
[spoiler]Around 5 minutes work:

Around 20 minutes work:

About an hour's work:
[/spoiler]

I slowly moved away from the beach, i did the rock hop that anne does but decided in a sloped decent instead of just an overall hill to go up and over to the construction site.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Moving on i went to work on the construction site. I always thought the foundations were abit too blocky, well after all they were just a square with a texture so i gave it more form.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

After this i considered adding more detail, if it was a construction site, surely there would be supports, scaffholding, old construction equipment that ingen could not salvage and take back with them.

[spoiler]
Here the arrows indicate a path in which the player can jump to reach the other platforms.
[/spoiler]

Next up came the road, a dirt trail to the training ground but first it would have to pass near the other construction area.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Then i got to the training area, putting down the other foundations around the construction site.

[spoiler]
Adding more detail, the "push" doors.

Playing with the water texture on the beach to be more tranquil.

The path leading down to where the site b sign is.

A palm tree from trespasser in source. It's low-poly nature looks alright far away but too close and it's rather off-putting.

Tools of the trade.
[/spoiler]
JMod 2012 2013

Silver Knight

I have progressed as far as putting down basic terrain up to the start of the monorail. I have completed up to the first raptor meeting with the abandoned pickup truck although all is subject to change overtime.

The winding road that leads up the hilly path.

I decided in the first box puzzle to add abit more depth to the landslide. It's now a landslide that has taken a small wooden support bridge with it, you can use the crates or the wooden beam to get up to the other side.

Here is the valley where the bracks would be. They never really had a point in trespasser other than being there to look pretty and it's sadly unlikely i can get a animator\modeller to develop a model i can work with. The valley is perhaps abit smaller than the one in trespasser because of this however is still a nice place to visit.

Here's the second box puzzle, i have already knocked down the crates in the picture but it's fairly alike to the orginal in trespasser.

This is the start of the road (Still to be placed) Which leads to the first raptor.

Here's the pickup truck, i will eventually reskin it to look more dirty and ruined.

Silver Knight

Gonztah

Quote from: SilverKnight on 09-09-2012
I have created a moddb page for this project here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/edit/jurassic-park-trespasser

Remove the "edit" part from the link. Otherwise Moddb will just complain herp derp u no mod