Development Screenshot\media splashout thread

Started by Silver Knight, 10-01-2011

Silver Knight

Im just going to throw in a screenshot from time to time on something i may be working on or what someone else is working on. To any dev working feel free to do so too or start your own thread.

Experiment with attachments:

An experimental map i was working on for Crussaria:

Dutches progress on a templar armor suit.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steven :D

That templar suit is extremely sexy, I like how the map is coming along too.

Ragolution

Hawt.

For that awesome map you've got abreuin', you should totally make my shitty little lesser house a manor. :D
Please?

But yeah, that templar armor is sexy.

Turkey

Add pac, Add pac whitelist ability, Problem solved

Silver Knight

Here is a representation of the smithing system. Bellow shows Iron ore and coal on the left which go into the furance to create a iron bar which in turn gets used with a hilt which you also craft into a short sword which is shown on the right. There's a basic hud atm for it i really want to have some form of automatic list but we shall see.

KingArthur

Like it all... Like it all... Ore is a bit huge, no? lol

Dug

Quote from: KingArthur on 10-01-2011
Like it all... Like it all... Ore is a bit huge, no? lol

Where's my gladius?! xD

Also, seems like professions will turn out good here.

irondeity

Looks great. I also agree with Arthur on the ore, however Im sure that may change when its actually all said and done.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Knife_cz

Very nice,and agree with others,templar is nice.

jaik

That map has that "srp_hgn_chernobyl" lighting to it.
I mean, don't use it, please.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Zombiehunta

The Templar Outfit is nearly exactly how I imagined the Order of the Violet Sun Plated Robes. Very nice.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Silver Knight

Quote from: irondeity on 11-01-2011
Looks great. I also agree with Arthur on the ore, however Im sure that may change when its actually all said and done.

Find me a more suitable model. It's only a placeholder. Two of those rocks are supposed to be coal and one iron ore.

Turkey

Please, Dont make a map where it's just a castle, Two houses and 1000 miles of nothing.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Turkey on 11-01-2011
Please, Dont make a map where it's just a castle, Two houses and 1000 miles of nothing.

That's obviously not what we want to achieve. We want a vast world however most of it should be terrain.

Paintcheck

I think 2 or 3 castles with interior villages (sort of like how Mountain Village is, with the walled city) for the houses would be good and then a forest or something between them. That way the houses can stay far enough from each other that should they want to fight they won't be all jammed into one space.

Recreas

Welcome to the middle ages, where the world wasn't as much populated as now. I think back then there was usually one big walled city, and a few kilometers away from that another small town. Between those two there were a few farms but even those were quite far away from each other. And a next castle would be quite far away too. So maybe look at the Oblivion map, there's one hughe city in the middle and around that a few towns. Some are bigger than the rest. In between are forests and open fields maybe even some mountains, and sometimes you find a small farm next to the road. And maybe some Inn's too?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Turkey

Quote from: Last.Exile on 11-01-2011
Quote from: Turkey on 11-01-2011

That's obviously not what we want to achieve. We want a vast world however most of it should be terrain.

Thank. God.

Khorn

Could use some of the maps from that one Half Life 2 mod with the Knights.

And maybe also from the Knights, Pirates, Vikings. That was source, no?

Plunger

This is starting to go from Crussaria (Passive) to Crussaria RPG.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Alucard on 11-01-2011

Crussaria is meant to be a mixture of both RPG and Roleplay.

Plunger

Quote from: Last.Exile on 11-01-2011
Quote from: Alucard on 11-01-2011

Crussaria is meant to be a mixture of both RPG and Roleplay.
Then change the name, it isn't really passive when everyone can make SWEPs.

Paintcheck

What happened to it being passive and good? Turning it into yet another itemfest like SRP is going to suck.

Tom

Crafting system leads to obnoxious farming which leads to the misconception that it is an RPG. And no, I want a RP server. where Passive is important, when you over complicate the script with shit like crafting, stats, and 9999 items that go up in damage/protection. you get what stalker is today, Very bad/no roleplay. I avoid SRP because people started killing people for items in cold blood not worrying about emotions, People also started to heavily bitch when they lost items. Its more like a chore to RP on SRP nowadays. Like I said, I enjoy RP, and Passive. Not RPG's. I mean hell, King Arthur made a good point, On crussaria EVERYONE is trying to buy a sword, when the average person back in those days probally owned axes or kitchen ware or Daggers. If you give the RPG overtone everyone gets the idea that they are (Insert Medieval RPG hero here) and begins to not RP at all.

If you would like to make Crussaria an RPG PLEASE for the love of god just add NPC traders, and NPC mission givers and NPC's that attack you, as an RPG without NPC trader/Quest givers/Hostile NPC's is boring as fuck and will only lead to an empty server
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

NPCs would be nice. Would need a good sized map to accommodate them too.

I wouldn't care if we lost stats. They don't really do much other then waste room.

Though many RPGs include a crafting system. I would rather test it out first before hating it.

Dug