Development Screenshot\media splashout thread

Started by Silver Knight, 10-01-2011

Dug

That. Or store it all on a CD/USB.

Ralazo

I lost my map files as well after reinstalling Windows 7. I thought they were stored on my external hdd

Silver Knight

Im going to get back into development from tomorrow on this. So expect to see more media soon.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steven :D

Ravanger

We already have horses from what I remember Exile posting.

Nerosis

Silver Knight

Quote from: Ravanger on 22-06-2011

I lost that horse i made. :( Besides we don't have maps to accommodate horses yet.

Nerosis

Quote from: Last.Exile on 23-06-2011
Quote from: Ravanger on 22-06-2011

I lost that horse i made. :( Besides we don't have maps to accommodate horses yet.

Anyhow, Keep up the good work Exile :D

Silver Knight

For future reference.

Here are oblivion armor textures:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4EIIRPHB

Here are oblivion clothing textures:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20518339/robemage.zip

If you fancy a go at reskining something with them, go ahead and post your results here.

Pink!

Alright, I finally have some time free now.

I'll talk to you next time you're on, Exile; we can start hammering out models to rip. I'm looking at Mount and Blade at the moment.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Silver Knight

Quote from: Pink! on 06-07-2011
Alright, I finally have some time free now.

I'll talk to you next time you're on, Exile; we can start hammering out models to rip. I'm looking at Mount and Blade at the moment.

Ive pulled an all nighter doing some reskins. M and B would be a good resource to rip potential playermodels from due to the huge diversity.

As you can see here there are 6 groups. Khorn contributed and did one reskin.

What you have there is:

Poor Lower Class
Average Lower Class
Two Middle Class
1 Lightly armored suit (The chainmail\blue one)
Nightwear - Upper Class (It was random and fit perfectly when i was testing it as a design)

Silver Knight

Just finished rigging orge\Altair (Looks like a ragdoll issue for this one..) and Ezio - perfectly fine.

Quote from: Last.Exile on 06-07-2011
Just finished rigging orge\Altair (Looks like a ragdoll issue for this one..) and Ezio - perfectly fine.
Assassins creed models, why?

Silver Knight

Quote from: Steven :D on 06-07-2011
Assassins creed models, why?

Have you been living under a rock?

Pink!

Those reskins really need to be made more hi-res; they're horribly pixelated and blurry. Is that just your settings?

Silver Knight

Those reskins really need to be made more hi-res; they're horribly pixelated and blurry. Is that just your settings?

They use oblivions textures which are naturally mid-res. For the most part i never changed dimensions. The textures were a bitch to get right and that's as good as they are going to get. If your going to complain about the res then you should think twice about m and b.

Smirnoff

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=oblivionmods.detail&id=2363

Get that pack if you ever want to use oblivion textures.
Sadly it doesn't include weapons, armor or any items at all, but damn that terrain looks good.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Pink!

They use oblivions textures which are naturally mid-res. For the most part i never changed dimensions. The textures were a bitch to get right and that's as good as they are going to get. If your going to complain about the res then you should think twice about m and b.

I shall change the dimensions if I have to, or get someone else to attempt a reskin. They simply are not good, Last Exile - not that I fail to appreciate your work.

KingArthur

It is better then what we had (AKA nothing) And they do not look that bad. I think your just underestimating them as models and how they will work.

Khorn

Problem with the citizen skins is that they stretch the texture over the model. On the skin I was making, the texture was clear and sharp, but in game it was stretched a bit and caused it to get a bit fuzzy.

Then again, I don't skin, so I don't know that much about the process.  But somebody needs to help Silver.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Khorn on 06-07-2011
Problem with the citizen skins is that they stretch the texture over the model. On the skin I was making, the texture was clear and sharp, but in game it was stretched a bit and caused it to get a bit fuzzy.

Then again, I don't skin, so I don't know that much about the process.  But somebody needs to help Silver.

Same.

Dutch

Now that I'm getting back into the development groove I'll be focusing on models for Crussaria. I plan to at the moment focus on things for the upcoming alpha test, so I'll be working on peasant and commoner outfits. Just thought I'd keep you guys updated.
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

Silver Knight

Ravanger