Development Screenshot\media splashout thread

Started by Silver Knight, 10-01-2011

Paintcheck

Quote from: Dug on 12-01-2011
RP all the way.

Which is not at all where Exile is taking this. Over TS the other day he even said:

"RP is just filler on the server. The important part is the economy and script"

I think I might have to move on soon.

Steel

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-01-2011
RP all the way.

I thought you already did.

KingArthur

Quote from: Khorn on 11-01-2011
NPCs would be nice. Would need a good sized map to accommodate them too.

I wouldn't care if we lost stats. They don't really do much other then waste room.

Though many RPGs include a crafting system. I would rather test it out first before hating it.

Tom

World of Crussariacraft and World of Stalkercraft all the way bro! /sarcasm

seriously though, if I wanted to play a RPG with some RP elements I'd go on a Light RP server, Dark RP server, Or I'd just boot up World of Warcraft and start wasting time there instead.

Or Evercrack, Or Second life, or any of the 5925 Online MMORPG's
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Silver Knight

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-01-2011
RP all the way.

Which is not at all where Exile is taking this. Over TS the other day he even said:

"RP is just filler on the server. The important part is the economy and script"

I said it was a mixture of both Roleplay and RPG. That's always been it's aim. Roleplay only exists due to the basis of being unable to do sophisticated actions in visual form and roleplay is taking the role of a character. That's what roleplay is.

Role-play
v. role-played, role-play·ing, role-plays
v.tr.
To assume or represent in a drama; act out: "Participants are encouraged to pass on leads about jobs ... and to role-play interview situations with each other" (Hatfield MA Valley Advocate).
v.intr.
To assume or act out a particular role: "When I hire people I role-play with them ... to see how they take pressure" (Peter Schrag).
n.
Role-playing.

The RPG side makes up the world and sets the parameters for what players can and cannot do and brings about functions and features which develop and set the atmosphere while bringing the world to a interactive level. Why do a /me ass pulls a iron bar when you can physically go make one or hire someone to do it for you. If anything it promotes further "roleplay" with other players. There are no personal "gains" in Crussaria like in stalker. There's no high end guns you loose all the time. Crussaria is built around the founding of living out a character in a medieval world. However not to the extent where you /me everything and pull things out of thin air.

If you really think the rpg side is not for you. Your on the wrong server. Crussaria is a RPG Roleplay. To be honest that's a bad name considering RPG stands for "Roleplaying game". It's not like im making it like world of shitcraft with a leveling system.

Quote from: Tom on 12-01-2011
World of Crussariacraft and World of Stalkercraft all the way bro! /sarcasm

seriously though, if I wanted to play a RPG with some RP elements I'd go on a Light RP server, Dark RP server, Or I'd just boot up World of Warcraft and start wasting time there instead.

Or Evercrack, Or Second life, or any of the 5925 Online MMORPG's

That's a bad way to think about it. It's basically a RPG with roleplay. Roleplay takes the position of everything the script cannot do- like any other roleplay server. At the end of the day it's all roleplaying

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

If we wanted to play true RPGs we would play Oblivion or Fallout or Neverwinter Nights or any of the 99 billion other professionally made RPG games that have far better mechanics for RPG models than Gmod does. While having an actual black smith job does increase interaction with the mentally retarded with no imagination (ie most of the people in this community who still regularly play on the SRP server) most good RPers could care less for items or a script. Over the weekend there was nothing and people were having a great time RPing with each other and doing all the "uncanon" things that you don't like for no apparent reason (especially since most of it was from the earlier versions of the Crussaria canon that were done a year ago the last time you said "Crussaria is coming soon").

Both Ping Pong and KingArthur were playing as blacksmiths over the past few days and having fun doing it despite there being no items. Ping Pong had a line like 5 characters deep last time I was on and I've heard KingArthur has been doing good work as well. This should clue you in that people don't need all this extra shit. Yes being able to actually craft a sword would be cool but not at the expense of good RP and crushing imagination.

Turkey

I agree with paintcheck, If this turns into a RPG more then a RP server, I might as well call commisar nitro a dickbutt and get perma'd. {Derp, GMOD RPG<RPG.}

Silver Knight

One of the medieval houses ive done. It's in hammer and im going to convert it to a model.

Silver Knight

Here's a larger version i just finished with a few texture improvements. Id say it's pretty much done now.

Silver Knight

It's amazing what a small retexture can accomplish.

Silver Knight

Two other buildings ive finished work on. If your wondering why i am not showing interiors. That's because we are going to use a teleportation system between buildings and the like to optimise the map and reduce lag as well as making map develop a easier task.

Bl★ck Star

Rigging a Model in Autodesk 3ds Max, hope I get this working properly :/

Silver Knight

If at first you do not succeed. Try, try, again.

Chrono

that looks like a templar armor from dragon age...right black star ?

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Chrono on 23-01-2011
that looks like a templar armor from dragon age...right black star ?

Yes.

Silver Knight

Ive been working on a multiplayer city map from dark messiah to turn it into a roleplayable one. Ive removed most of the bad crap in the map and there were a few "errors" which i had to contend with but it works all the same now.

Current features:

City\side gates are openable and closeable.
Various places for trading

Features i want to do:
Add wilderness to the map (Not too much - this will be running on one of the servers)
Add teleport interiors for rooms and buildings

TheHawk

Hawke (The main character of Dragon Age 2) named after me :D

irondeity

Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Paintcheck

Good thing I am doing laundry tomorrow I need to change my pants.

meetdadoom

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Turkey

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-02-2011

LOL! Same.

That huge field in between the Palisades and the castle is kinda annoying, needs something in between IMO

Silver Knight

Quote from: Turkey on 17-02-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-02-2011

LOL! Same.

That huge field in between the Palisades and the castle is kinda annoying, needs something in between IMO

Ill probably add one or two trees and a stable. But i intend on expanding it alittle further to incorprate a small bit of wilderness, maybe a village and a small cave. But it's primary function is to be the main city of the game.

ThY

Great idea; great concept; great preview.   :)

Can't wait. :tick:

Pink!

Does it have a well/central gathering area?

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Silver Knight

Quote from: Pink! on 18-02-2011
Does it have a well/central gathering area?

It has several large open spaces which are good for meeting places and "celebrating".