Crussaria: Main Map Development

Started by Silver Knight, 19-12-2011

Silver Knight

I keep splashing out my work on the crussaria map all other the place, so i'm making a new overall thread.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

It's a big change to the world. Ravendale is no more. We are moving away from the whole village\town theme. It's being moved to it's own sector which connects to the current wilderness but it will be with new lore and be more of a centre point to the world as a whole.

Essentially walls are going around former ravendale, it gives you a good comparisson of the new size of the place bellow. This includes a keep which will be extended onto the back.

Plunger

Can't say I'm a fan, defeats the whole frontier/fringe society feel we have now that allows so many of the odd characters to adapt fluidly to the RP.

Jared47

Quote from: Plunger on 20-12-2011
Can't say I'm a fan, defeats the whole frontier/fringe society feel we have now that allows so many of the odd characters to adapt fluidly to the RP.

Yes, but it does have a more Medieval feel to it, and in my opinion Ravendale and all that just wasn't large-scale enough for me.

And it looks great so far.

Tom

We could say this a boarder City, such as Chadanhal which boarders the north (At least thats where I think the town for my faction is :|)
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Silver Knight

Quote from: Tom on 20-12-2011

We could say this a boarder City, such as Chadanhal which boarders the north (At least thats where I think the town for my faction is :|)

Nope, and that sounds like a rip off of oblivion's Cheydinhal.

Silver Knight

What would you like to see inside the town? I plan on using the buildings that were in ravendale, but there's alot of new space to fill.

Nova

I played around the map earlier, and I quite liked it, you really captured the medieval feeling. Well done.

For topic, maybe add in a Town hall? I don't recall I saw one, and it would make it possible to gather all the residents in one place to deliver messages etc.
Maybe add in a few more houses for people to live in, make a bigger barrack for the guards (or, if possible, perhaps create a small keep for them or similar), add in places for people to set up profession shops (Alchemy, Tailoring etc.) or make a small marketplace where they can sell their products.

Cutch

Other than what you've already done:
-A small camp for an enemy legion so battles can be waged.
-Prison for imprisoning
-Additional shops(not so many houses)

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Tom

Quote from: Last.Exile on 21-12-2011

It isn't I haven't even played the oblivion games.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

KingArthur

Quote from: Tom on 21-12-2011
Quote from: Last.Exile on 21-12-2011

It isn't I haven't even played the oblivion games.
Elder scroll games, Oblivion is one of them.

Cutch

He hasn't played Oblivion. Look at his Steam Games.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Tom

Besides Pronounced in a russian way its like

Ka-Dan-Hall

Of course the original city name that I stole the name from is Chadan (Spoiler: REAL RUSSIAN CITY GUIS) which in a russian way its pronounced

Chi-dan so maybe it could be pronounced Chi-dan-hall

Either way its not a rip-off of Oblivion
Oh boy.

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Gonztah

Mount & Blade buildings? Kay then.

Tom

Are we going to be able to go into every building?
Oh boy.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Gonztah on 24-12-2011
Mount & Blade buildings? Kay then.

They are a good concept to work off for teleport buildings.

Quote from: Tom on 24-12-2011
Are we going to be able to go into every building?

Yes. I don't plan for any fake ones.

KingArthur

Winning. Gj on those buildings and design of the place.

Silver Knight

Got propper working and converting brushwork into models.

+Helmet system - wear hats\helmets and stuff a-top your head.

Decided to port more lotr models, did 2 reskins too.

ZainMenloe

Looks great! Personally, I wanted more of a 'town' compared to the 'village' Ravendale was, so thanks for that. As for ideas, stalls or something similar for a market area, preferably all near each other. Maybe, if there is room, a few shop buildings. Houses are a plus, but I do have to say there should be a limit on the homes. Oh, the tavern/inn needs, I guess, about 5 rooms if possible. Three works, but I think five is just a bit better number.

Anyways, thanks for the great map!

Silver Knight

New large house

New Church.

Silver Knight

Gonztah

Silver Knight