Crussaria Event Week [Suggestions]

Started by KingArthur, 17-11-2011

KingArthur

Alright, Crusarria is going about as fast as molasses in Antarctica so I have a suggestion.

Every week, Or every other week as I can do it, I suggest we have a dungeon event. I know what your thinking right now, "Oh its just the map-run through again with the same traps and linear design" Well... Heres the suggestion.

I am not proposing I am a good mapper, but I can do simple things very easily. I can produce a dungeon map in a few hours, with good atmosphere. I have lost most examples but this is a VERY early one. (Its not very long)

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=123919

Now I could make a decently sized adventure/dungeon every week, run by admins (Kinda like a DM). The experience would be new every time, with traps that are unexpected and even triggered by admins. This idea is not perfect, But maybe we could do big events such as castle sieges, with a new castle and atmosphere to do it in. I can make these easily and the map would be temporary for the event. We would switch back to the crusaria main map after it is done.

MAIN POINTS
-Use SVN for easy download and updates
-Bi-Weekly or Weekly Events/Dungeons
-New, amusing atmosphere such as the dungeon was in Crussaria for the first time. Imagination finding a secret button by luck, uncovering loot or maybe an ambush, or a trap.

Now, this idea is not perfect but as an example...

**Event this Saturday will be: Gem Hunt
        An old fort is rumored to have valuables still within its vaults

This would include a trip to the fort, the fort inside, and possibly a small dungeon crawl within the fort, all on a small separate map. It would be taken slow, and RPed throughout, Prehaps even taking a break at a camp fire, or RPing before hand at the tavern to get some people together.

Feed back please.

EDIT: Another half sone map i used for learning (Glitches EVERYWHERE just look at it from afar) http://www.mediafire.com/?tst8t8g76vz7fse

Steven :D

+Support, the map doesn't have to be super-good to be roleplayed on.

Turkey

Most of the people got tired of item hunts and other stuff.

How about real roleplay?

Crussaria was ruined by RPG elements.

KingArthur

Quote from: Turkey on 17-11-2011
Most of the people got tired of item hunts and other stuff.

How about real roleplay?

Crussaria was ruined by RPG elements.

It would be role played through, not item hunts.

Paintcheck

Because no one ever gets on Crussaria unless there's an event going on Turkey. It's frustrating but that's how it is.

Steven's dungeon crawl on Tuesday was quite fun and was not just an item grind.

KingArthur

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-11-2011
Because no one ever gets on Crussaria unless there's an event going on Turkey. It's frustrating but that's how it is.

Steven's dungeon crawl on Tuesday was quite fun and was not just an item grind.
Yea, it would be the same thing except more RP with different scenarios and different atmospheres. Think dungeon master like Steven did.

Edit: I am trying to bring this back, through RP and Adventure, instead of everyone bitching and not improving the situation (Although some try)

Silver Knight

The main problem with Crussaria is not the above but admins not going on and doing their job and advertisement. Crussaria won't gain players from srp. It needs and must carve it's own playerbase or it will not grow. Crussaria doesn't even have any true RPG elements. Crafting is as far as it goes, you don't need to craft a sword to roleplay. Those systems exist so players who want to roleplay a blacksmith can do so and create real items in the world for doing it.

I have experienced some good roleplay from just being a guard or peasant myself, the main issue is players not saying on because the admins are never on. The admins for crussaria are: Cutch, Plunger, Recreas - All of who may as well not be on the roster as they appear once in a blue moon and then paintcheck, kingarthur and steven, two of which are new and the other seems to think amatuerly made dungeon maps are the key.

At this rate i am willing to give anyone a try at TA for Crussaria because the current few don't put any effort into the project at all and then, for some, complain about it and nit-pick out minor things\flaws.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KingArthur

If you recall, at the beginning, we did our job. We stopped because the community quit on it, because of the shit that went on (shoot to kill with swords, people bitching about crafting and whoring materials)

Silver Knight

Quote from: KingArthur on 17-11-2011
If you recall, at the beginning, we did our job. We stopped because the community quit on it, because of the shit that went on (shoot to kill with swords, people bitching about crafting and whoring materials)

No the admins were not there to support it so the players did not go on. Back then it was you, cutch and recreas and you all went inactive within the first two weeks of it being up so of course the poor bastard of a server just didn't stand a chance.

KingArthur

Quote from: Last.Exile on 18-11-2011

No the admins were not there to support it so the players did not go on. Back then it was you, cutch and recreas and you all went inactive within the first two weeks of it being up so of course the poor bastard of a server just didn't stand a chance.
The community decides whether or not it is worth RPing on. Look at SRP- It floats by itself. Stop blaming the admins and start blaming the atmophere/script/lore/rules that were put in place at first.

I still need suggestions on this. I am willing, and I am sure the rest of the admins would help me do the event portion.

Ravanger

I do admit LE Crussaria was doing decently well and roleplay was rolling along just fine but I understand if you want to change something on it etc consdiering it is your project.

Even though I believe arthur has a bit of a point.

This is not going off topic I hope so,Maybe a little less blame on the admins is what I am saying. The old times back in the day were very great and we had wonderful roleplay with little content but you disliked where it was heading by a few mistakes by some( I made a little bit of a mistake but when haven't I.)

Infact back in the day everyone was roleplaying and there was little to no fucking about, Turkey was proably one of the funniest to roleplay with when Crussaria was rollin.

I was amazed that you actually ran it back up after me and several others begged you to put it up under these strict conditions, I just think you need to let it free just a bit LE and the roleplay will grow but some of these RPG elements while great that isn't what we should be aiming for.

Another thing also your wrong on the SRP part main population we will get will be from Stalker looking at our other roleplays. Another reason why we should continue working a bit on SRP in anyway we can.

Best choice to be honest for Crussaria is to almost "Dumb" it down consdiering we won't have enough people to really make these big eleborate tradeing and roleplay situations. I mean we have 3 roleplay servers already and we are gonna be stretched to our limits we should make it a bit simplier and more roleplayable instead of random events on the weekend.

KingArthur

Quote from: Ravanger on 18-11-2011
Best choice to be honest for Crussaria is to almost "Dumb" it down consdiering we won't have enough people to really make these big eleborate tradeing and roleplay situations. I mean we have 3 roleplay servers already and we are gonna be stretched to our limits we should make it a bit simplier and more roleplayable instead of random events on the weekend.
The random events would just be to spark RP, help people get in the mood again. Maps can only be played so many times.

EDIT: Apparently no one wants this, So I am going to go back to being "lazy" And "Not trying to do anything"

mxh24

+Support, I love CRP and with there where some people on, Before my computer broke I was on almost everyday trying to get some people on, but the only people who came on where clueless and although I tried to help they did not understand the concept of 'Role-Playing'. I agree with this, it CAN help, but WILL it is the question, I say we have nothing to lose, and a lot to gain.

"When in doubt, mumble."

Cutch

When I tried to get an event together those "first two weeks", eight out of forty people replied. Don't you dare try blaming this on Arthur and I.

Also, if you don't recall, my brother was in a car accident after those first two weeks.

On with the topic, I was waiting for someone like Steven to take initiative and prove to the admin staff that there are players willing to make events and not be selfish. The whole goal is to make Crussaria near independent of admins.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Silver Knight

Quote from: Cutch on 20-11-2011

When I tried to get an event together those "first two weeks", eight out of forty people replied. Don't you dare try blaming this on Arthur and I.

Also, if you don't recall, my brother was in a car accident after those first two weeks.

On with the topic, I was waiting for someone like Steven to take initiative and prove to the admin staff that there are players willing to make events and not be selfish. The whole goal is to make Crussaria near independent of admins.

Also if you think being on for one event (around a hour or so) out of weeks\months that have passed is acceptable as a admin then your in the wrong community. A family issue or not your all accountable for not being here, for most it's because you can't be bothered.

KingArthur

http://www.mediafire.com/?4292jur9o56rx96

I did it in an hour. This is an example, not a finished product. There are hidden buttons for admins to press, to advance ect. I could make a more elaborate, better lighted one given the go-ahead.

Silver Knight

Make a small hut\building with a door, breakable window and ladder then send me the vmf and ill point out all the flaws to help you improve your technique and understanding of mapping arthur.