Crussaria Content Hunt

Started by Silver Knight, 20-01-2011

Silver Knight

Crussaria Content Hunt

Mods i have checked:

Here is a basic checklist showing the mods i have checked and compatability with Crussaria. Ticks indicate that some content was avaliable to be taken. Crosses indicate that content was useless\broken\unavaliable.

Dark Messiah
-Playermodels  :tick:
-Models  :tick:
-Animations :cross:

Age Of Chivarly
-Animations :tick: (Some animations are able to be used)

Gutter Runners

Kingdoms Collide
-Playermodels  :cross:
-Models  :cross:

Bloodstone
-Playermodels  :cross:
-Models  :cross:

Pirates, Vikings and Knights 2
-Playermodels  Pending :cross:
-Models  Pending :cross:
-Animations Pending :cross:

Noteable content found on gmod:

Potential content found on garrysmod.org.

Maps usable for Crussaria:

Unfortuently we are looking for something much bigger than what's avaliable i.e. bigger than mountainvillage and it needs to fit the medieval genre.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Pink!

I have the potential to port various guard playermodels, with animations. The success of the endeavor would, however, depend on the script, and whether it creates a non-player-character in place of the player. In addition, it would not be possible for them to raise weapons, I believe.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

jaik

Quote from: Pink! on 21-01-2011
In addition, it would not be possible for them to raise weapons, I believe.

It actually is very possible.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silver Knight

I have the potential to port various guard playermodels, with animations. The success of the endeavor would, however, depend on the script, and whether it creates a non-player-character in place of the player. In addition, it would not be possible for them to raise weapons, I believe.

You claim you can "port" but to what extent are we talking here? All the models we need basically need to have the correct bone structure added.

Pink!

Allow me to demonstrate. I will post an example within two or three minutes...

Pink!

Indeed, I do believe that the models I have found have their own set of animations, not rigged to a skeleton common in a Source Game. I shall attempt to decompile the animations later today, to determine their references - perhaps an lua solution is possible.

Pink!

I have uploaded the necessary files here.

View them as you wish - I am confident that if a simple NPC is spawned, it will utilize the animations.

Silver Knight

I have uploaded the necessary files here.

View them as you wish - I am confident that if a simple NPC is spawned, it will utilize the animations.

I can see already that the guard is from DM and no the animation sets do not work with any of our models except for it's own. This is because the animations set corrisponds to a different bone structure. aka. The bone structure is labeled differently so the animations do nothing to manipulate the bones of the playermodel to produce a animation.

To your final comment. Yes they would but only on the guard model. Not on any other playermodels we have due to reason stated above. DM models are all useless as playermodels because DM uses a turning animation system so the playermodels will never turn when used as a playermodel. For us to use them they all need to be rerigged.

We are interested in animation sets that are capable of being used in conjunction with citizen animations\correctly rigged models and not on single models otherwise i would use the main AOC animation set.