Big problem guys, read this.

Started by General Cole, 30-01-2012

General Cole

When I got home from school today I checked to see if Crussaria was populated to go play when I noticed there was no one on. I waited a bit to see if people got on and no one did. So I went to the server only to find all of the following things deleted.
-Entities (Ore Veins, Trees)
-NPC's (This includes vendors and the ones that just stand around.)
-Props (Which I noticed when the church shrines weren't there.)
-Text (Those floating letters the admins put on stuff was gone from where the shrines were originally.)

So check this stuff out because I think the players aren't getting on because of this. Thankfully all of the character info is still there so no one lost anything unless it was in a chest that got deleted.

KingArthur

An admin has wiped the server of all entities. Do not do this, a lot of hard work and props are now gone (again)

Paintcheck

Yeah the "Clear All" clean up command will remove EVERYTHING if you are an admin and use it so DO NOT USE IT. The crafting area looked to be respawned when I got on just now. I spawned the missing traders and put some ore and trees back and the bounty board back by the Tavern. Think we're good except some players are saying the paycheck time is messed up.

General Cole

It happened again guys, everything is gone.

I'm starting to think there's an admin doing this on purpose. I suggest checking the logs.

Paintcheck

Or the server restarted and stuff didn't get static'd the last time things got replaced.

Ravanger

Well thats gonna be pain in the ass haveing to re-add everything and static it all, someone must have deleted it since I garntee it was all saved to the map.

Paintcheck

Well judging from my SF times the only admin who was on between me readding the missing stuff and this happening again was Xin who was on for about 2 hours or so and then left. I got complaints about shit missing again waaaaaay after Xin logged off though so there's no way Xin deleted the stuff and no one noticed for several hours.

I think something might be up with the actual server saving ents. People are saying the paychecks are fucked also.

Ravanger

Well then I will check also and ask a few people whats going down, then I will inform silver of whats going down.

Pink!

Help me, Silver. You're my only hope.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Paintcheck

I have YET AGAIN respawned all the ents and some ore and trees and stuff just now. I think the server is borked because the time and date display "Unknown 0:00", paychecks don't work, and shit keeps getting despawned/deleted. God forbid Silver actual read the SF messages I send him.

Plunger

Nexus is breaking from the gmod update, again 

Paintcheck

Yeah pretty sure that is it.

Plunger

It is, I've been on open auras that suffer the same problem, it doesn't help ht our bae cript nexus is super out of date to begin with.