[WIP] Update 0.1.6 STALKER D20

Started by Lucidius, 12-10-2009

Lucidius

Updated!

Took me almost 2 hours but I added tables to all of the vanilla STALKER weapons, gonna start working on the stats after I figure out how HP will work., Woking on reload times in the mean while.

Suggestions plox for new weapons?

Edit:

Hey everyone, really need help in terms of sniper rifles and anti-material rifles. SO many to choose from, all so so uncommon. Also bolt actions of eather are nice too.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bl★ck Star

cool i wanna play, DnD games are cool

Dark Angel

Sorry but i don't really get what is  it all about >:V

Plunger

Quote from: Dark Angel on 24-10-2009
Sorry but i don't really get what is  it all about >:V
Then don't post.

Lucidius

Alright, i got some free time now and tomorrow so i'm going to be redoing the entire introductory post.

It'll be a bit more lengthy but i'll try to explain it as best as I can.

Originally it was meant to just intrigue the general public and attract D20 Savvy people but apparently no one here is that great with it so, converting it to a more "Stalker D20 For Dummies" style post.

As for developement, i've halted thread updates for the moment but i'm rethinking alot of the original ideas atm.

Still open for suggestions for weapon varieties, that I DO need help with.

Also don't request "special versions' of guns, like the Storming Obakan, because with enough money or a Skilled Gunsmith in your party, you could easily just make your own, or an enemy could drop one form an encounter, kind of like in CS.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Tea

I still have NO idea what the hell this is, i mean there are no pics or anything...

Im so confused D:

Plunger

Quote from: Tea on 24-10-2009
I still have NO idea what the hell this is, i mean there are no pics or anything...

Im so confused D:
It's D&D Online.

Tea

Plunger

Quote from: Tea on 25-10-2009
Never heard of it.
Stop posting then if you can't figure it out.

Lucidius

Hope I manage to get mod of the dev forums, i'de like to delete 90% of the posts in this thread.

New updated OP, let me know if it clears anything up at all v.v.

If not, plox youtube how to play D&D or something.

Also added a flamethrower because I can.

*repost to bypass silly necro*

My Profile[/b][/size]

Plunger

Quote from: Lucidius on 26-10-2009
Hope I manage to get mod of the dev forums, i'de like to delete 90% of the posts in this thread.

New updated OP, let me know if it clears anything up at all v.v.

If not, plox youtube how to play D&D or something.

Also added a flamethrower because I can.

*repost to bypass silly necro*
Maybe a chance you shoot the gas tank from the flamethrower, Not an explosion, just make it unusable without ammo.

Lucidius

Defiantly.

I can safely say it'de be only used for very specific operations, but I like havin stuff like that in there "JUST FOR SUCH AN OCCASION".

Edit: Okay, I know I havn't been updating this _every day_, but I assure you I will not let this project die.

I've been working 8 hour shifts every day for the past almost 2 weeks, and my next day off is saturday.

Hopefully by sunday, the day off will let my batteries recharge, so any serious re-working of what's there will be post-poned till then, but I HAVE been thinking of how this works, and i'm adapting some rules and damage roll ideas in my head so we can get a playable version up.

Also, on top of the piss pounding of work hours, i've gotten about 4 hours average of sleep over said weeks, 4-7 hours most nights.

I've gotten the hours cause my manager is on vacation so the 40 hours needed to be picked up by everyone, she's back next week so I shouldn't be sleep deprived anymore.

Again, i'm not oing to let this die and I think about it every day when i'm at work, i've just not been able to talk to anyone interested in it how things should work, and I think of new ideas every day, I just don't have the time/energy to reformat/etc and get it all in working order. As hyprocrytcal that sounds, typing what i'm thinking, versus balancing 50 plus weapons and basing it all around a few variables that may slightly change and mess it all up.

Also, Artifacts will obviously be in the game, post ideas for your own custom ones and what not.

Oh, now that I think about it i'll need a bleeding system >.< Forgot about that aspest of STALKER. Sh'ant be too hard to add.

Update:

Added ammunitions, descriptions about the character sheet/PDA.

Going to add somre more later.

Edit: UPDATE

Still working on this one but added a whole slew of ammunition, ammunition types and varieties.

More ammunition and what not will be availble when PEOPLE SUGGEST GUNS TO USE.

Working on shotun ammunitions now. v.v, gonna have a nap though.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bl★ck Star

I have an Idea for Communicating while playing Paper and Pen over Internet

Its Called oovoo

its like skype and you can have Webcam chats with more then 1 person, i already had a conversation with 5 people being on webcam

http://www.oovoo.com/

Lucidius

Yall have to get this in your heads.

As I WILL be hosting a game of this for testing purposes, this information will be all put into a PDF, so anyone will be able to host their own game.

Also, thanks for the oovoo link Cloud, havn't heard of or used it before.

also, i know it's been a long ass while since update, I just need some help from some one with a good distance perception and making some feats possibly.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Joemoma

I've done this plenty with my friends on steam chat, you can do it there while doing something else.

Lucidius

Quote from: Joemoma on 12-02-2010
I've done this plenty with my friends on steam chat, you can do it there while doing something else.

Hey guys, am I late for 30p get?

My Profile[/b][/size]

kisftw

I find this amazing. I want in.

<Not just the idea is amazing, but the song... Full of win.>

Lucidius

Bump

Gonna start fucking with this again.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Pink!

I know RPGs inside and out, from Shadowrun to Dungeons and Dragons, In Nomine to Paranoia, Deadlands to Pathfinder. Every damned system. I don't know where you are on the project, but I'd definitely base the concept on GURPS, purely for simplicity - there are various other RPG bases out there you could use, as well.

(And see if you can make a very, very simple combat system. One that uses one roll, and only two or so steps.)

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Lucidius

As the name implies it's going to be based on the D20 system, which is p. much like D&D.

As for simple combat, it'll start out simple for the alpha run but i'm building it up to be a bit more, organic feeling, giving you alot more options.

As for GURPS, never heard of it. Anything with a good ranged system would be nice as a base.

My Profile[/b][/size]

Pink!

Quote from: Lucidius on 16-02-2011
As the name implies it's going to be based on the D20 system, which is p. much like D&D.

As for simple combat, it'll start out simple for the alpha run but i'm building it up to be a bit more, organic feeling, giving you alot more options.

As for GURPS, never heard of it. Anything with a good ranged system would be nice as a base.

I... I honestly do not know where to start. Firstly, while DnD did create the first d20 system, there is a massive amount of variation within that system. d20 indicates the die, and I do not often partake in DnD because of its system.

And GURPS is - well, the concept of being able to design your own character belongs to GURPS. Before it, you rolled a die to determine your character's statistics. A GURPS design means a player designs their characters skills. I disagree with that idea, in fact, particularly for STALKER, where there's no 'progression' or 'character skill'. Initially, I thought the concept may be similar, but now I disagree.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...