How exactly is this gona work?

Started by keyfoot, 21-01-2010

keyfoot

gonna have to apply for a license on here to be able to buy a car?

Szenti

Well, I think, first there will be a Driving Teacher application, if we get like 2-3 peeps then you will have to get in-game and talk with the Driving Teacher get proof of him IC/OOC that he supports you to get the driving license...
And I think you can just steal cars, but you will get arrested or something lol.

keyfoot

So, you can buy cars without applying on here? Its for applying for the ability to steal peeps hard earned cars?

Cutch

Driving school is so you can get a license which allows you to drive a car without getting arrested and/or fined.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Chaos

I hope we can use these cars: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=885040
Could mod the tools into gamemode stuff. Like, you pay to customize and buy the cars.

Tunddruff

DIBS I CALL RUNNING THIS I ALWAYS WANTED TO CONTROL THE DMV

Fluffy

Dangit, Tunny is my Supervisor now >.> Auto Shops have to abide by DMV rules.

Chaos

Rping as a driver instructor would be really fun... Reminds me of Halo CE rp.

Tunddruff

Rule 1: You must wait in line for 1 hour, even if no one is in front of you :D
Rule 2: Repeat rule one.

Goose

Damnit tunny i have to do that in real life now i have to do it in a game to god its getting to fucking realistic xD
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Fluffy

Atleast I shall be in my Autoshop. Safe and sound from the Lines.

Silver Knight

You need a driving licence to legally drive a vehicle, to get one you have to get it through the Driving School. Basically as i said in the other thread, it involves 2 seperate driving "tests" done by a instructor. The instructor sits in the vehicle, and the other player drives. Judged on how they perform through the test, they will either get their licence or they don't.

Either way the instructor makes money off it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Assassinator

So we can call factions? Brb, I'm-a go post oversize post saying I run PD. OWAIT I"M NOT AN ADMIN LOLOLOLOLOLOL

It's just a joke, now no one take it seriously. OR I WILL KEEL YOU

Alex

Driving is actually a bit tricky in Gmod...atleast driving legally.

Assassinator

Quote from: Alex on 27-01-2010
Driving is actually a bit tricky in Gmod...atleast driving legally.

That, you kind of have to tap the gasoline and handbreak every turn.

Dragon

Racing shouldnt be that all hell for people who know how to drive on gmod, which is rather easy when constant practise is done.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Chaos

Driving irl doesn't even need that much practice. I was pretty good my first time driving.
We just need to make the Maneuverability (hard word ffs) test really hard. just like real life.

Tunddruff

I plan too. Im sure that an underground street racing league will arise

Alex

Well in real life you have control over the gas pedal. It's not click the W key and see how fast you can turn.

Locke

Tundruff, I definitely want a driving school character. I want to RP my driving school teacher who was east indian and always said AUTOMATIC FAIL after explaining something we shouldn't do.

"You hit the curb while parking? AUTOMATIC FAIL!"

"You don't stop at stop sign? AUTOMATIC FAIL!"

"You breathe? AUTOMATIC FAIL!!!!"

Tunddruff

heh. Mean while our doods are evaluating them totally baked an incapable of doing the test them self. Just like old times Locke

Fluffy

Then, Ounce they've crashed, they have to come to me to fix there cars, and then go to you to take the test again!

Tunddruff

Mean while. Both the garage and DMV are both covers for a drug operation dedicated to getting meth, weed and Cocain, into the zone so FREEDOM can sell it and make us some dollar while using some for themselves.

Chaos

Quote from: Tunddruff on 01-02-2010
Mean while. Both the garage and DMV are both covers for a drug operation dedicated to getting meth, weed and Cocain, into the zone so FREEDOM can sell it and make us some dollar while using some for themselves.
I'll do it for weed.

Fluffy

Well, If you don't have a license and want to drive, you can always try and outdrive the cops :D