Started by SGT-Spartans, 03-08-2012

SGT-Spartans

-snip-
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Silver Knight

Just put the disc in and install windows 7 over the top of vista. There's actually 3 ways to install windows 7:

Loading the disc at boot thus loading the windows 7 installation platform.
Loading the disc with vista loaded.
Upgrading from windows vista to 7.

If you have a FULL windows 7 licence you still get the UPGRADE option.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

SGT-Spartans

So as I've read, loading it at boot will reformat and erase my hard drive, correct? Thats ok with me.
SRP chars:

Khorn

Wasn't there some sort of file transfer thing? I mean, it's not like I got W7 by normal means. Yet I kept most my files from my XP days.

SGT-Spartans

Yea Im using it now, Win 7 USB/DISK Downloader for MS.
SRP chars:

Kelse

Microsoft is usually up to date on most drivers, so I doubt you'd be unable to boot, you'd likely to have to reinstall a few drivers however. But the install of Win7 should get most of it.

the permaban queen.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Kelse on 03-08-2012
Microsoft is usually up to date on most drivers, so I doubt you'd be unable to boot, you'd likely to have to reinstall a few drivers however. But the install of Win7 should get most of it.

Not just that but vista and windows 7 disc can be inserted booted from and will repair any startup issues if windows is unable to start successfully.

Kelse

Quote from: Last.Exile on 03-08-2012
Quote from: Kelse on 03-08-2012

Not just that but vista and windows 7 disc can be inserted booted from and will repair any startup issues if windows is unable to start successfully.

That as well, I've run into a few problems using cleaning tools where my PC was unable to boot correctly, just popped in the disc and went into the repair options.

the permaban queen.

Bl★ck Star

If you have Vista installed and put in the Windows 7 cd and then choose the Upgrade option it should keep all of your files.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 03-08-2012
If you have Vista installed and put in the Windows 7 cd and then choose the Upgrade option it should keep all of your files.

It puts the old files in windows.old folder.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Last.Exile on 03-08-2012
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 03-08-2012

It puts the old files in windows.old folder.

Yep