Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Ralazo

Overpriced I7 is overpriced.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Ralazo on 11-06-2011
Overpriced I7 is overpriced.

AMD is much better right now. I7 is only 4 cores, amd is doing 6 cores and at decent speeds too.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Duranblackraven

That video card is...ew. Overpriced being one of those 'ew'. You need to make sure you have an operating system that's even capable of using all that power or you're just wasting money. Also, check the compatibility of your parts, because you'll just be wasting even more money if the parts arn't fully compatible and as such won't be used at it's full potential. Don't try and gun for the best of the best, because, truthfully, you don't need that.

My specs
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
3.00 GHz, 3.25 GB of RAM
Onboard NVidia sound card with NVidia motherboard
NVidia GeForce 9800 GT Graphics.

I can run anything that's come out, including ARMA 2 on full with a Windows XP 32x operating system. I upgraded to this from my last computer for like, $600. That was all new EVERYTHING. So your $2,000+ is outragous for a computer.

My advice: Shop around more and do some more research. If you're wanting to pay THAT for a computer you can buy a brand new Alien ware computer for that price and have it tweaked for gaming only.

Try Tigerdirect for computer programs.

GeneralGold

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 11-06-2011
That video card is...ew. Overpriced being one of those 'ew'. You need to make sure you have an operating system that's even capable of using all that power or you're just wasting money. Also, check the compatibility of your parts, because you'll just be wasting even more money if the parts arn't fully compatible and as such won't be used at it's full potential. Don't try and gun for the best of the best, because, truthfully, you don't need that.

My specs
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
3.00 GHz, 3.25 GB of RAM
Onboard NVidia sound card with NVidia motherboard
NVidia GeForce 9800 GT Graphics.

I can run anything that's come out, including ARMA 2 on full with a Windows XP 32x operating system. I upgraded to this from my last computer for like, $600. That was all new EVERYTHING. So your $2,000+ is outragous for a computer.

My advice: Shop around more and do some more research. If you're wanting to pay THAT for a computer you can buy a brand new Alien ware computer for that price and have it tweaked for gaming only.

Try Tigerdirect for computer programs.

I just put this together real quick and i'm still switching up pieces, but i'm hoping to get some real nice stuff so I won't have to worry about it for a LONG WHILE, and i've tried TigerDirect for it, they have pretty good prices.
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Paintcheck

Holy shit overpriced is overpriced.

The EE i7s are not worth it. At all. No Extreme Edition processor has ever been worth it. Get the AMD 6 core or a normal i7 for a quarter of that price. PC gamer did a comparison of the AMD 6 core and the i7 Extreme Edition a few months back and the AMD didn't lose much in the benchmarks at all and it was $300 vs $1000. There's "Top of the Line" and then there's "Waste of money" and Extreme Edition Intels have always fallen into the latter category.

Good choice with the Asus motherboard but you're going to to need a different one for an AMD processor.

I don't know anything about that graphics card other than that it is stupidly expensive. Look at AMDs 6 series or, if you have a decent enough graphics card now, pick up a second one of the same card and SLI it. Will be much cheaper and probably come close performance wise.

RAM is good. Corsair makes good stuff.

Also if you decide to ignore all of us saying your shit is way too expensive for very little benefit you're going to need some sort of after market cooler. i7s run hot and I bet that massive gpu won't help in that regard.

Ralazo

I think you just threw the most expansive shit together from every category of hardware and tried to look cool with a huge price.