Guess wut? Graphic Card problems again!

Started by Strelok Holmes, 14-12-2009

Strelok Holmes

Yep, it's been close to four, five months and it already seems i gotta replace my graphics card. Seem's after a while (randomly) it likes to rip materials and skins from the games i play and apply them to something that shouldnt have it. If that wern't bad enough, lettering and a few images become blocky  and distorted. So, i dont know if i have to somehow underclock,or overlock it

Hell, for the two week's my net died i played ES:Oblivion for two weeks straight on high. Now, that's where i think the graphic's card is dying comes in. I played that game like crazy on high graphics untill one day.... The graphic's go negative color, and the text ends up like the same thing in garrys mod.

So, i ask to you all... heeeeeeelp! Some how damn it, i dunno how but just heeeelp!

SPECS!
CPU:AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+
CPU Speed: 2.81 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.62 GHz
RAM: 2.0 GB
Microsoft Windows XP
GeForce 9500 GT(galaxy)

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Cobra

I see it's a 9000 Series card theres your problem. That whole series is bugged to shit with defaults.. Believe it or not the Manufacturing company purposely sent a shipment of shitty faulty cards fortunately for me I have gone through six RMA cards within one year good fun right? Stay away from the 9000 Series I suggest going and investing your money into a 8800 GT or GTS if you can find one. Had no problems with that card for a whole year.

Strelok Holmes

aw balls. Well, luckly i've found what i need on new egg...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125077&cm_re=8800-_-14-125-077-_-Product

Now only to get the dosh in order to buy and ship it.

*Jumbles a styrophome cup in peoples faces *CHANGE!?!

Cobra

Remember to do lot's of research before buying something it will save you future headaches :P.

KillSlim

I have an Nvidia Galaxy 9600 GT, and it has served me well for ... around a year now. It can play almost all my games on maximum settings (Excluding Crysis, I can play that on mostly high).
The 9500gt is a mere budget graphics card; I doubt it was intended for all out gaming like you're currently doing.

9600 Gt is actually very good, but I recommend getting the 9800 or a GTX 275 / higher to keep up with all these demanding games coming out.

The 9 series is very good. You just picked the wrong card.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Strelok Holmes

Aye, my brother recently bought at GTZ 275 before thanks giving. Being the cunt that he is, he showed it to be bragging about how he can play CoD:MW2 without any problems what so ever.

Silver Knight

Try updating Nvida, whenever i have problems, it normally means the drivers are out of date.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Afromana

Quote from: Coletrain on 15-12-2009
Aye, my brother recently bought at GTZ 275 before thanks giving. Being the cunt that he is, he showed it to be bragging about how he can play CoD:MW2 without any problems what so ever.
Your brother is silly, my LAPTOP can run MW2 on full without problems.