Processor: AMD 64 3800+
Motherboard: Unknown AMD variant
Memory: 2x 2 GB DDR1 Corsair ram, 1000 mhz
              2x 1 GB DDR1 Corsair ram, 800 mhz
Graphics: Radeon x1300 512mb
HDD: 200 GB of pure shittyness and weekly harddrive failures
Disk system: DVD reader, and a slow ass prototype for Bluray disks
Monitor: Shitty HP thing i got for uber cheap that caught fire
Keyboard: Shitty old keyboard from an older computer (2000 generation, VAIO)
Mouse: Crappy old logitech laser mouse
Power supply: 500 watts, only was running with 434 watts and was not able to use my shitty logitech laser mouse with it (I had fun with the tab key on my keyboard for a good month)
Color scheme of all my stuff (Case looks, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc): Grey and Blue
Cost back in 2005: $1203.74
(Fry's didn't have any good deals back then :< except on the shitty monitor)

Problems: 1) Harddrive failures were pestering me
                2) Could not run newer games
                3) Encountered too many viruses, including the infamous braviax.exe virus
                4) Fallout 3 only ran on average 20 FPS on lowest settings, Stalker only ran on average 30 FPS on lowest settings and got really laggy at cinematics
                5) Power supply was slowly not allowing any more of my external devices to work
                 6) Even with the 2005 generation games i was only getting 30-35 FPS on average at max settings, and i couldnt play HL2 on max settings

New computer (Not perfect, but still fine for me, and there were alot of sales, almost EVERYTHING was on sale)
Motherboard: Intel X58 (6 ram card slots, 2 video card slots, and a slot for i7 processors)
Processor: Intel i7 920 overclocked and turbo'd to 3.3 ghz
Memory: 3 x 2 GB DDR3 Corsair cards 1600 mhz, 3 x 1 GB DDR3 Corsair cards 1600mhz
Cooling system: 4 x 80mm LED fans, and 1 x 120mm fan
Graphics: ATI radeon HD 4850, 1 GB
Monitor: AOC LCD 22"
Keyboard: Logitech G15 i bought last year
Mouse: Gateway Mouse that was on sale for $10 that fit my hand perfectly
Case: A refurbished FX Gateway Case on sale for $30 (It's Friggen huge and looks epic)
Disk Drive: 2 Drives, whatever the hell the case came with, one is a DVDRW and the other is a BLURAY drive
Power supply: 630 watt
OS: Windows Vista (Having minor problems with it, but not too many overall)
Steering wheel (For mah racing games): R660 GT Motorsport Force Feedback
Color Scheme: Black and chrome Orange
Normally would have cost (without sales): around $1400
Overall Cost (With sales, + tax): $1024.34
Could not buy the better ATI Radeon HD 5870 due to car payments (Shitty old 1987 Buick Century), bills, blah blah blah
But, good side is i can play any game on max settings and max screen size available at no less than 45 FPS (Mass Effect Cinematic did me in D:), and on average 55-60 FPS

I really enjoy it too, the processor is a big leap for me, and i do remember how when i got my older computer my processor seemed like it had many clocking issues, and as you can see I have always been a Corsair memory fan, seems like you get the best deal for them.

Lumker

And as a side note, I got L4D2 for sale for $30, Borderlands for $25, and Dawn of War 2 for $40 (Gotta love fry's sales  ;D)

KillSlim

I must say that is a good computer, the Processor is especially nice.
I'd be very happy with that computer, how many and how big are the Hard-Drives?
Btw- Love your car.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Lumker

Quote from: KillSlim on 03-01-2010
I must say that is a good computer, the Processor is especially nice.
I'd be very happy with that computer, how many and how big are the Hard-Drives?
Btw- Love your car.

Lmao that's exactly what it looks like, a little more blackish though, just as clean.  But trust me it's a shit car, i put a turbo charger in it from a Dodge Laser, it'll accelerate like a really fast car but tops out at 120, and the insurance costs me $2000 yearly because of it's big block limited 3.8L engine

And about the harddrives, yes there are 2 harddrives, 750 gb, and the dimensions are 134.62mm x 48.26mm x 187.96mm

KillSlim

By how big I meant how much data they can store, but no matter.
I'll be getting a Land Rover Lightweight, hopefully with a 4.0L V8 engine.

Why? Because they're British and brilliant. Works everywhere, even in deep water (If it has a Snorkell on the intake).
They're also cheap to buy and cheap to insure.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Lumker

By how big I meant how much data they can store, but no matter.
I'll be getting a Land Rover Lightweight, hopefully with a 4.0L V8 engine.

Why? Because they're British and brilliant. Works everywhere, even in deep water (If it has a Snorkell on the intake).
They're also cheap to buy and cheap to insure.
Nice car.  What year? And is it a manual from before the automatic era? Just wondering because it looks kind of old.

And overall 1.5 tb of harddrive space, each containing 750 GB of space

KillSlim

The one I'm after is from 1982, and Land Rovers never have automatic; they'e off-roaders and you can't really do off-roading with an automatic gearbox.
They're really basic when it comes to Luxuries. A radio, heating (if you're lucky), and if it's a soft top you can just take it off or roll it up in the summer.

I'd be happy with that amount of memory, on my PC it was nearing 350 out of it's 500 GB.

Lumker

The one I'm after is from 1982, and Land Rovers never have automatic; they'e off-roaders and you can't really do off-roading with an automatic gearbox.
They're really basic when it comes to Luxuries. A radio, heating (if you're lucky), and if it's a soft top you can just take it off or roll it up in the summer.
I'd be happy with that amount of memory, on my PC it was nearing 350 out of it's 500 GB.
Ah.  That sounds pretty decent.  But eh, I've seen some "Off-roaders" with some ridiculous set-ups, and as well don't expect too much from it if it's been sitting around for a long time, and if it has more than 80,000 miles.  I would say when you buy it as well, flush it's system and replenish every drop with newer oil, brake fluid, radiator fluid, so on as to make sure it's clean.  For example: the 1987 Buick Century I have originally had not been started for 6 years.  It was a big project to get it up and running, but then it was blowing out all kinds of foul things and smelt like death.  I tested it's oil and it was COMPLETELY black.  It was also a project trying to find a remake air filter, and i gave up and just bought a K&N, and as well finding good enough brakes to stop it's 9500 pound steel body (the one the guy had "repaired" it with were really ghetto and small, and it took me 350 feet to stop it from 60-0 mph).  I mean, if the guy you buy it from though has repaired it and taken good care of it, you should have no problem what-so-ever.

I found it as a really good computer so far, though.  Haven't even came across one single lag storm yet, except when i was doing a gmod ragdoll test and i was able to spawn 70 ragdolls until i reached laggy conditions.

KillSlim

Thanks for the tips. Found a video of a Lightweight, even though it's just the engine starting it lets you know how nice the engine sounds:
Lightweight V8 start

Billing Aquadrome, it's an offroad course for less experienced off road drivers. Still fun none the less, I hope to go when I get my lightweight.
Landrover Lightweight V8 at Billing 2008 (Part1)

Lumker

Quote from: KillSlim on 04-01-2010
Thanks for the tips. Found a video of a Lightweight, even though it's just the engine starting it lets you know how nice the engine sounds:
Lightweight V8 start

Billing Aquadrome, it's an offroad course for less experienced off road drivers. Still fun none the less, I hope to go when I get my lightweight.
Landrover Lightweight V8 at Billing 2008 (Part1)

Nice, you can hear it revving, does better than my friend's truck (F650, fucking tank on wheels).  That guy really takes care of his engine though, and my friend does not... lol....

Eh, but this is kinda what I have, but I put a 1987 Buick Regal speedometer that goes up to 140 in it and a matching speed gauge as well, and my turbo gauge is behind the glass, not ghetto like that and duct taped to the steering wheel lol... and he's pushing it with 5 PSI, after that the car recieves major turbo lag, and 5 psi fucks up the engine, i keep mine at about say... 4.2 PSI.
But it'll accelerate to 60 in 5 to 6 seconds, which is EXTREMELY good for a car of it's size and weight.

87 Buick Century Turbo Sedan 3.8 SFI Turbo baseline acelleration 5 PSI boost

Aresty

Wait is this topic about computers or Landrovers ?

Lumker

Quote from: Aresty on 22-01-2010
If you're so concerned, just read the full message set and read it all through.  This whole thing was i was asking if it was a decent computer or not.

Afromana

Quote from: Aresty on 22-01-2010
Landrovers