Thinking about a new weapon..

Started by Knife_cz, 09-05-2013

Knife_cz

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/5578-CM032EBR-B-400-FPS-CYMA-Full-Metal-M14-EBR-Fully-Automatic-CM032EBR-AEG-DMR-Rifle-BLACK.aspx
It seems like CYMA is also making M14 EBR's, and well since I have one - from KART ( Which is said to be shit without upgrades) I thought of getting this one, which is supposed to be much better in both FPS and..well basically everything. 
If one gets broken, I will atleast have spare parts, not to mention I have already some magazines and a scope.
If anybody by some chance has some experience with this gun, please share it.

Paintcheck

The G&G you posted earlier is about 400% higher quality though your mags won't be compatible with it since G&G uses separate ones.

nKe

What do you people even do with those plastic guns?
Do you collect them or what?

Knife_cz

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-05-2013The G&G you posted earlier is about 400% higher quality though your mags won't be compatible with it since G&G uses separate ones.
Well according to the stats the quality..well there isn't THAT big difference, but on the other side - EBR has RIS, and well I have a scope. Wouldn't it be wasted on theG&G  one? Shouldn't I just buy the CYMA and upgrade it a little?
Also the Spring guide is Plastic on the GG but on the CYMA its reinforced/stronger, (not so sure how am I supposed to translate that), isn't that somewhat important part?

Also somebody murder me for my previous comments in Airsoft threads, I lacked knowledge even about my own weapon damn it.
And one more thing, I completly forgot about the other 'weapon' thread I made, thanks for reminding me I suppose.

Lucky Pig

Quote from: Nik3 on 13-05-2013
What do you people even do with those plastic guns?
Do you collect them or what?
Down here in the south they play airsoft with them, it's quite fun you know...
Perkeleen nakkivene.

nKe

Quote from: Lucky Pig on 13-05-2013
Quote from: Nik3 on 13-05-2013What do you people even do with those plastic guns? Do you collect them or what?
Down here in the south they play airsoft with them, it's quite fun you know... Perkeleen nakkivene.

I know I know but I didn't know adults play with BB guns.
Learn something new everyday.
Saatananpennunasteellejääneetpellet

Steven :D

Quote from: Nik3 on 13-05-2013What do you people even do with those plastic guns? Do you collect them or what?
Down here in the south they play airsoft with them, it's quite fun you know... Perkeleen nakkivene.
I know I know but I didn't know adults play with BB guns. Learn something new everyday. Saatananpennunasteellejääneetpellet
you'd be suprised.

Paintcheck

The G&G has a scope mount too, its scout-mounted (up further on the front stock). It has fewer rails but it will also be a lot lighter.

As for the plastic parts G&G uses polycarbonate if memory serves, I guarantee you it's as strong as whatever Cyma uses.

Knife_cz

I know I know but I didn't know adults play with BB guns. Learn something new everyday. Saatananpennunasteellejääneetpellet
Seen alot of people older than 30 on airsoft. Truth is majority is about 16-20 I think, from what I seen.
Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-05-2013The G&G has a scope mount too, its scout-mounted (up further on the front stock). It has fewer rails but it will also be a lot lighter. As for the plastic parts G&G uses polycarbonate if memory serves, I guarantee you it's as strong as whatever Cyma uses.
I guess Ill go for the G&G after all, althought EBR looks so much 'cooler', but yeah the weight and power is the most important thing on the weapons.

Khorn

I know I know but I didn't know adults play with BB guns.
Learn something new everyday.
Saatananpennunasteellejääneetpellet

Not everyone want's to deal with owning a real fire arm. BB guns are cheap and easy to mantain.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Khorn on 13-05-2013
Not everyone want's to deal with owning a real fire arm. BB guns are cheap and easy to mantain.
Why do you bring guns into this? Airsoft is a sport, a hobby.. real weapons are just... real weapons.

Paintcheck

Quote from: knife_cz on 13-05-2013
Quote from: Khorn on 13-05-2013
Why do you bring guns into this? Airsoft is a sport, a hobby.. real weapons are just... real weapons.

Because Nik3 is trolling you and JKhorn is answering him for you. 

I like EBRs also and I know Cyma's quality has gone up recently so you could probably get it and would be happy but it might require some work out of the box for little things like shimming the gears and whatnot. Plus G&Gs come stock with a tightbore barrel and better hop up (I think, I don't follow airsoft that much but I was toying with the idea of getting an M14 a while back because dat battle rifle) which are parts you'd have to upgrade on the Cyma. Plus the metal on the Cyma is probably subpar.

nKe

Well atleast someone cared to answer me finally.
I didn't even know that airsofting is a hobby for some ppl. Learn sumthing new everyday.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 14-05-2013Well atleast someone cared to answer me finally. I didn't even know that airsofting is a hobby for some ppl. Learn sumthing new everyday.
What an ignorant person, posted in the Airsoft threads three months ago, yet he still didn't find any time to look up what's Airsoft, right?

nKe

Quote from: knife_cz on 14-05-2013
Quote from: Nik3 on 14-05-2013Well atleast someone cared to answer me finally. I didn't even know that airsofting is a hobby for some ppl. Learn sumthing new everyday.
What an ignorant person, posted in the Airsoft threads three months ago, yet he still didn't find any time to look up what's Airsoft, right?
I had a picture about what airsofting is, I just thought it was just a kids thing. You know, run in the woods with plastic guns and stuff. Well, I've been proven wrong now, silly me.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Nik3 on 14-05-2013
Quote from: knife_cz on 14-05-2013
I had a picture about what airsofting is, I just thought it was just a kids thing. You know, run in the woods with plastic guns and stuff. Well, I've been proven wrong now, silly me.
http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/5578-CM032EBR-B-400-FPS-CYMA-Full-Metal-M14-EBR-Fully-Automatic-CM032EBR-AEG-DMR-Rifle-BLACK.aspx
5578-CM032EBR-B-400-FPS-CYMA-Full-Metal-M14-EBR-Fully-Automatic-CM032EBR-AEG-DMR-Rifle-BLACK
FPS-CYMA-Full-Metal-M14-EBR-Fully-Automatic-
Full-Metal
Ain't nothing plastic about airsoft boy (ignore it being link)

lolKieck

It's kind of a Call of Duty gun though.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Khorn

Why, cause it's modern? It has rails?

Paintcheck

Quote from: knife_cz on 14-05-2013Ain't nothing plastic about airsoft boy (ignore it being link)

You mean other than the bbs. And the shit potmetal most low end airsoft guns use is actually less strong than the polymers used on higher-end models and/or real guns. Metal doesn't mean "good" because it's metal. That's a trap a lot of beginners seem to fall into. 

Granted, for all I know the Cyma is made out of CNC'd 7051 anodized aluminum (which is a fancy way of saying "the same as the real EBR is made out of") but given the price that seems unlikely.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-05-2013
Quote from: knife_cz on 14-05-2013Ain't nothing plastic about airsoft boy (ignore it being link)
You mean other than the bbs. And the shit potmetal most low end airsoft guns use is actually less strong than the polymers used on higher-end models and/or real guns. Metal doesn't mean "good" because it's metal. That's a trap a lot of beginners seem to fall into. Granted, for all I know the Cyma is made out of CNC'd 7051 anodized aluminum (which is a fancy way of saying "the same as the real EBR is made out of") but given the price that seems unlikely.
Never said metal means good (Altought its truth that my first airsoft weapon - plastic AK - got broken after I accidentaly hitted it with tree.) of course it depends on whats inside.
Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-05-2013Granted, for all I know the Cyma is made out of CNC'd 7051 anodized aluminum (which is a fancy way of saying "the same as the real EBR is made out of") but given the price that seems unlikely.
Didn't knew that, and why it couldn't be? Is that so expensive or something?

Paintcheck

Seeing as a real Sage EBR stock costs $800 for just the stock (the rifle is another $1500 or so on top of that) how likely do you think it is that for $250 you are getting a stock close to that quality?

...Or I could be wrong as the product description on the page says the handguard is indeed CNC'd aluminum. Knowing airsoft companies though that might be a flat out lie. A quick google search did not help in that regard but from the sound of it it's not horrible quality metal so that might be the way to go over the G&G since internals are easier and cheaper to upgrade than externals.

Knife_cz

Bought M14 AGM from bazar, with various upgrades for pretty cheap price.
it has a wrong connector, but that's it :v
Has about 127m/sec. So I am satisfied.