Show off your marker/airsoft gun thread!

Started by Locke, 31-08-2010

Nova

Paintcheck

Yet another new toy for me: 1/10 Texas Storm G6R

Needs to go back to the store because they sent me the display model which has some dings on it on the side you can't see in the picture but I will be getting a new one from them in the same color.

Also some more of the A-Bomb after I did some work to it (new reg, different ASA, and some custom wiring (my dad is an electrical engineer and I know my way around a soldering iron) to replace the broken stock membrane pad for turning it on and off):

Steven :D

Paintcheck must be really good at playing speedball

Paintcheck

New TS G6R just arrived. Here's a pic of the full setup (gun tank hopper)

deluxulous

I want to do paintballing really bad. It looks like a lot of fun, but my only concern is finding people to play with, and the price of buying equipment. What would you recommend as a good "starter" weapon?

Steven :D

Quote from: PistolKid on 05-07-2011
I want to do paintballing really bad. It looks like a lot of fun, but my only concern is finding people to play with, and the price of buying equipment. What would you recommend as a good "starter" weapon?
Rentals suck ass. Equipment is not that costly, besides the paintball and gun themselves.
Maybe take a look at this? http://www.paintball-online.com/pages/Paintball-Buyers-Guide.aspx I'm not a pro at paintball, so I wouldn't know all the super great brands but that looks like a decent site to be honest.
(Unless you play speedball)

Paintcheck

Give me a budget and I'll tell you what to get. And don't call it a weapon this isn't the army or airsoft. It's a sport. Paintballers in general don't like militarization. Yes there is a milsim market but...it's not airsoft and most of us don't want it to be.

FUCK MY PHONE'S AUTOCORRECT.

whyku

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FToECHsrL.jpg
This is my Gun there are many like it but it is better cuz I own it!

Amontillado

We got a A&K Dragonov but my L96 owns it. Haha its still good tho

Locke

I might be buying a used G&G ak47 wd to go w/ my mp5

Amontillado

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 09-07-2011
I might be buying a used G&G ak47 wd to go w/ my mp5

Is that G&Gs proline AK or the Combat Machine AK?

Cutch

Quote from: PistolKid on 05-07-2011
I started with a Tippman 98 Custom with a double trigger. But it really depends on what you are going for.
Milsim: http://www.zephyrpaintball.com/c=cDWgZq9AAM1oIKtsKLCfdPnah/product/PB-ARMY-SALVOBLK/Tippmann-US-Army-Project-Salvo-Paintball-Gun---Black.html or any other Tippman Salvo guns.
Speedball: http://www.zephyrpaintball.com/product/PROT-2010-30160000/Proto-Reflex-Rail-Paintball-Gun---Dust-Black.html My first speedball gun.
Woodsball: Doesn't really matter. If you are willing to shell out the money, some of the milsim weapons are good for woodsball if you look at BT. Or you can get a decent speedball gun but they aren't exactly known to be durable.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

A speedball gun will outperform any woodsball gun period. Speedball guns are almost universally faster, lighter, and more air efficient than some tippmann with 30 pounds of cosmetic mods (and not a whole lot more expensive either).

If you think you are going to be serious into paintball at all, skip the low end tippmann stuff and get a decent gun and compressed air tank. You will be much happier, even if it is more expensive.

Duranblackraven

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-07-2011
A speedball gun will outperform any woodsball gun period. Speedball guns are almost universally faster, lighter, and more air efficient than some tippmann with 30 pounds of cosmetic mods (and not a whole lot more expensive either).

If you think you are going to be serious into paintball at all, skip the low end tippmann stuff and get a decent gun and compressed air tank. You will be much happier, even if it is more expensive.

More expensive, but WILL save you SOOOOOOO much money down the road. I've had to replace more 'cheaper' guns before and with it being about $50 a pop or more for those guns, it adds up.

Archangel94

Stuff like Airsoft and paintball guns is so expensive and illegal in norway :P

Cutch

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-07-2011

This is true. I still have my Tippman which is burdensome but has never broken once. Back when I played paintball a lot I owned an Eclipse which I had no problems with.

-Blake/Last Exile

deluxulous

Alright, cool. Thanks for the tips. Now it's just a matter of finding some people to do it with.

Cutch

Quote from: PistolKid on 11-07-2011
Alright, cool. Thanks for the tips. Now it's just a matter of finding some people to do it with.
Well, the thing is is that not a lot of people play in the late spring/summer because 1) A lot of people don't like getting hit on bare skin so they wear pants, which is unbearable in 90-100 degree weather, at least down in the southeast. 2) Balls will be warped and damaged by the heat and cause an increase in the likelihood they won't break on impact.

-Blake/Last Exile

kropfi

Paintcheck

Just picked up a new pump over Winter Break but don't have pictures.

CCM T2.

Otto

My brother took those pics around five years ago.. no idea where the guns are now.

We used to airsoft at this place, I was like eleven-thirteen then so it was pretty effin scary.

Paintcheck

Oh hey I did have a picture of it:

Paintcheck

New gun just came to me. Factory custom special order

Knife_cz

Looks pretty nice. :)
How many "Markers" do you have anyway?Judging from your previous posts in this thread, must be a nice collection.