New Airsoft gun: What to choose

Started by KillSlim, 01-09-2010

KillSlim

Option A:
SRC AK-74 tactical. 600 Round magazine, 310 fps. Full metal, RIS rails available for accessories.

Option B:
SRC Ak-74u Spetsnaz special. 600 Round magazine, 310 fps.

Option C:
AGM M14. 330 fps, scope and bi-pod included, made from aluminium and plastic, RIS rail available for accessories.

Option D:
AGM HK416. RIS Rails available for accessories, 330 fps, 300 round magazine, adjustable stock, flashlight / laser sight included.

There we go, decide for me.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Paintcheck

Get a real branded gun and not a shitty China clone. You will be much happier. G&G makes all sorts of cheaper AK varients that are supposed to be sick; I bet you could get one of those for only like $50 more than the bad brands you have there.

Bucky

Id do C with following Paints instructions, honestly, youll be happy you did.

KillSlim

Quote from: Paintcheck on 01-09-2010
Get a real branded gun and not a shitty China clone. You will be much happier. G&G makes all sorts of cheaper AK varients that are supposed to be sick; I bet you could get one of those for only like $50 more than the bad brands you have there.

G&G Are fucking expensive, even then they're boring-ass M4's and M16's which are just everywhere in the airsoft market. More like +£100 / £150 just for a popular brand over here.
The lowest score out of this selection of weaponry is option C with a 4.5 / 5 score, reviewed by airsoft world, and only option C is a 'Shitty China Clone'. C also happens to be the cheapest, and comes with a free Bipod and 3-9 X32 Zoom scope.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

meetdadoom

Also remember to get a different battery other than the one you get with the gun if you do get a chinese gun.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Paintcheck

Buy it right or buy it twice, all I'm going to say.

KillSlim

I'm just going to ignore anything that isn't constructive or helpful.

Locke

Get the AK with the grib

Cutch

My list of tips for choosing an airsoft gun.

A) Go metal. Plastic breaks extremely easily and is susceptible to wear.
B) Practicality over extravagance. The HK146 may look good, but its obviously not going to hold up to wear and tear.
C) Check your manufacturer.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

KillSlim

Quote from: Cutch on 04-09-2010
My list of tips for choosing an airsoft gun.

A) Go metal. Plastic breaks extremely easily and is susceptible to wear.
B) Practicality over extravagance. The HK146 may look good, but its obviously not going to hold up to wear and tear.
C) Check your manufacturer.

Thanks for the response, there are a few ... contradictions with your comment:

A.) The Plastics are actual weapon materials, Nylon and Glass fibres. Sturdy and very hard to break.
B.) The HK416 is full metal.
C.) Usually I read reviews from people who have actually used the weapons. Manufacturers usually boast about a whole range of things, like Nvidia who describe each of their products as if they're god-sends.

I'm leaning towards Option A and Option D, any suggestions for an airsoft gun from the UK would be cool and helpful. Price Limit: £250. Suggestions for accessories would also be cool.

Paintcheck

Full metal doesn't mean good. Most of those china clones are made from zinc potmetal which isn't that strong.

And seriously if you are going to ignore everyone's suggestion of "Save up and buy a higher quality model" then why even post this?

KillSlim

Quote from: Paintcheck on 04-09-2010
Full metal doesn't mean good. Most of those china clones are made from zinc potmetal which isn't that strong.

And seriously if you are going to ignore everyone's suggestion of "Save up and buy a higher quality model" then why even post this?

These are weapons made of high-quality plastics or metal, they're not gonna' break or dent easily. Even if it does break or dent, it's going to take a lot of force to break or dent it which is unlikely to happen. It'd take a good swing from a hammer to dent it, it won't be damaged from a tiny bump or scrape in the field.

£250, or $387 is more than enough to get a good airsoft rifle. I'm ignoring your suggestion to save up even more money to buy an even more expensive rifle because it's not helpful. I posted this thread because there's too much of a choice, so I narrowed down the ones which look like they're worth it.

Paintcheck

Wait in the UK china clones cost $387? Wow sucks to be you.  I thought you had that and just were too cheap to spend it all. In the US $387 will buy you a nice AEG from pretty much any of the major brands.

KillSlim

Quote from: Paintcheck on 04-09-2010
Wait in the UK china clones cost $387? Wow sucks to be you.  I thought you had that and just were too cheap to spend it all. In the US $387 will buy you a nice AEG from pretty much any of the major brands.

Currency exchange can be a bitch, and the Chinese imports are fine. Please drop the negative stereotype towards Chinese-made goods. "Don't buy anything Chinese, even though nearly everything in my household has been made in China and works fine."
Option C and D were taken from here: http://www.airsoftworld.net/airsoft-guns/all-chinese-made-guns?SID=aamvrrti9q5egng0s7re3749r1&p=1

As you can see, there is only 1 product with less than a 4 out of 5 Star rating.
Back on track. What to get.

lolKieck

Depends which suits your game style. I don't know anything about ASG, although choose the one which is good for you.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Mangoman

Paint is right though, I'd rather get a KWA or a Classic army over a Clone, if I was spending that much.

Cutch

I got a suggestion, get someone to buy a decent god damn gun here so its cheaper. Look 'ere.
http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Airsoft_Guns_AEGs_s/3.htm

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

Or buy from one of the big Hong Kong dealers. Redwolfairsoft.com I believe ships to Britain and for $387 you could do better than those China guns even including shipping cost (which will be like $50-$70, convert into Pounds yourself)

Lucidius

Instead of being retarded, i'm going to ask.

What are your import laws? I've seen so many threads exactly like this but canada fags and americans being all YOU CAN BUY A TM MP5 FOR HALF THAT PRICE FROM THIS SITE *link*.

Weren't you guys restricted to like 200-300FPS or something silly?

Also, don't know what the deal with any of those shotguns are but avoid the sawed off double barrel and any 8mm ones. Not to say 8mm bb's are terrible, they're just expensive and not plentiful.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

KillSlim

Read this: http://www.practicalairsoft.co.uk/uk-law.asp

We don't selectively import weapons because of lisence requirements, and because we have different laws. You can buy yourself one of those weapons from the US or China without a Ukara lisence and face getting heavily fined or jailed.
I've had enough of these 'Hurpadurp buy from the US cus its cheaper, dont trust any Chinese sh1t cus its crap even tho its got good faive star reveews.'

Lock this thread please.

Lucidius

Quote from: KillSlim on 06-09-2010
I've had enough of these 'Hurpadurp buy from the US cus its cheaper, dont trust any Chinese sh1t cus its crap even tho its got good faive star reveews.'

It's funny cause, this is what happens in every airsoft forum i've been on. Good job children.

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Paintcheck

Because a TM gun is VASTLY superior quality wise and will save you hassle in the long run. Everyone is trying to help you from making a poor decision and for some reason I can't fathom you think we're trolling you. We're not.

Recreas

Or just make your own? , since I live in a country where guns like that aren't legal :/ I got to make my own D: , Tho my own design still looks awesome ;P
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Lucidius

My Profile[/b][/size]

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway