Gas Blowback? or Electric Gearbox?

Started by Delta, 15-04-2011

Delta

I just got curious, I've been an airsoft player for a really long time and I have both types of Guns. I just wanted to hear you guys out :D

Ragolution

Gas is just expensive and a pain in the ass.

That's not to say I don't like them, I just don't have the time money patience etcetera to have or maintain one.

Delta

Yeah good point. Its better to keep them as a Sidearm

Ragolution

They hurt more, too.
Tend to.

Paintcheck

* Paintcheck facepalms.

You do realize that pain level is based entirely on energy delivered by the BB? An electric gun at 400 fps and a gas gun at 400 fps with the same weight bb won't hurt differently.

That is an absolutely retarded reason to get 1 gun over another also. Airsoft players make me lol sooooooooo hard when I see "Oh get that because it hurts more!11!1one!". No wonder airsoft boards are in general full of such massive assholes.

Dragon

Herp derp get a springer.

Id reccommend Gas Blowback, I find they are better than Electric Gearbox guns, as I have had some bad experiences from those.
Maybe it's just the manufacturer.

But regardless, if you are getting one, don't go for a shitty, cheap gun.
Go for something more expensive, it will last alot longer and is better all around.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Delta

JG, G&G and Marui are the way to go :D

[INVICTUS]

This is not true in most cases for some people, but gas guns tend to have lower FPS than an electric depending on the gas used. Green gas is the cheapest gas you can use, but once you start using it in your magazines it'll eventually start to leak and make them gas guzzlers.
(Best gas to use would be propane, don't use red gas it's the same thing as green gas with just more kick)

As for electric or gas? An AEG offers a higher rate of fire as long as your battery and magazine last, where  gas guns tend to have very small magazines which need to be filled with gas before they can be used. But.. a gas gun overall has a more realistic action and satisfying feeling than using an AEG, with no need to worry about swapping out handguards for a rail system or changing out your stock (In both cases, the battery is stored in either one depending on whether it is wired to the stock or handguard) for one with better ergonomics. On top of that, there is not a lot of recoil to the gun but it will be more than you will experience using an AEG, and if you own a gas rifle or pistol you know that every single shot that makes it's target or nails some poor guy in the neck or face when he pops out will only make it that much sweeter.

Overall, it is entirely up to the person buying the thing to choose whether he wants and electric or gas gun. Most guns on the market will be comprised of AEGs or AEPs with gas pistols being the more popular sidearm when going up against electric.

P.S. CA (Classic Army) can burn in a pit somewhere in hell with all of it's $400-500 pot metal M14's and M16/M4 variants.

P.P.S. Paintball will hurt more than airsoft, wonder why? Because velocity and momentum are two completely different things, velocity is irrelevant for the most part when it comes to how much either of the sports hurt. But momentum is the reason a paintball will hurt more likely than your average 6mm plastic bb, the difference in weight between a plastic BB and a paintball will tell you that the mass of the paintball times it's velocity will show more momentum than that of a lightweight plastic BB that weighs around .20 grams.

Delta

I love paintball as well as airsoft, im a bit for both. Oh and NERF :3

Paintcheck