WoW Server Poll

Started by Silver Knight, 29-04-2010

Silver Knight

[admin]Poll has been locked due to edrama. Tunddruff and plunger are running this now, it's not an offical project but the forum space will remain, direct all WoW affliated stuff to them. [/admin]

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Madcombat

Yeah this is all briliant, I think Serious roleplay because no other servers have tried that, and of couse you have mentioned that you may be able to enforce this, I for one would not mind replaying WoW just to play this.

Chaos

I did vote for serious, but I can't see my self role playing wow. Seems complicated. I guess I can just get used to it.

Zstan

Serious Roleplay.

Are you kidding about the Blizzlike server? Why in the hell would I do that when I could just go to retail and do some stupid-ass quests while being yelled at by prepubescent little boys?

You better do Serious or I will kill Obama.

In seriousness though, HGN has decent roleplayers. And I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to level in blizz-like all over again.

Tunddruff

Updated it. Silver got it wrong.

Chaos

Well Silver, you told me Blizzrp would be like DarkRP and sandbox would be Cakescript. Now, with Tundruff's input, I'm changing my vote. (once again)

Zstan

Oh. Now that's it is *changed* it seems alot like Echeloned.

This is Echeloned: http://www.echelonedwow.net/

I never play on that server anymore because it's filled with annoying little kids, furries, faggots, and more faggots.

Atleast HGN can do RP right, maybe if we advertise this server enough, it could turn into something great.

deluxulous

Why can't we have a combination of the two?

We can have traders and tavern owners, innkeepers, etc., but we also have the questing side of WoW. Yes, grinding and stuff is boring. But at least we can have player made factions/traders/property owners to create neato RP.

Orangedew60

My friend linked me here because he said it was serious WoW, but it sounds stupid to have people being guard noone will want to be one it will be boring and why did you lock all the other threads wehnt his one started to tip in tundruff favor and if there are no npcs wont it be empty and how would people own houses it sound undoable

jaik

Quote from: Orangedew60 on 29-04-2010
My friend linked me here because he said it was serious WoW, but it sounds stupid to have people being guard noone will want to be one it will be boring and why did you lock all the other threads wehnt his one started to tip in tundruff favor and if there are no npcs wont it be empty and how would people own houses it sound undoable

Who are you?

1.Your point is invalid, I want to be a guard (sounds fun imo).
2.MAYBE because we don't want others to post in there?
3.There will be NPCs.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Orangedew60

Quote from: Jake on 29-04-2010
Quote from: Orangedew60 on 29-04-2010

Who are you?

1.Your point is invalid, I want to be a guard (sounds fun imo).
2.MAYBE because we don't want others to post in there?
3.There will be NPCs.

1 one person
2 it says cancled in the threads
3 no traders

Tunddruff

Quote from: PistolKid on 29-04-2010

We can have traders and tavern owners, innkeepers, etc., but we also have the questing side of WoW. Yes, grinding and stuff is boring. But at least we can have player made factions/traders/property owners to create neato RP.

Thats what I have planned for mine, my character will sell cloth and shit to people, I dont remember the name, but they want to open a restaurant. It can really be anything you want, HELL you could even be a beggar and harrass people, dance in the streets and be the most annoying character on the server

Szenti

Quote from: Tunddruff on 30-04-2010
Quote from: PistolKid on 29-04-2010

Thats what I have planned for mine, my character will sell cloth and shit to people, I dont remember the name, but they want to open a restaurant. It can really be anything you want, HELL you could even be a beggar and harrass people, dance in the streets and be the most annoying character on the server
I vote for that too, that sounds better than the others.
I will be that beggar... *\/*

Chaos

Sorry to go off topic.. But Szenti, your avatar is really stupid. I'm tired of seeing it, can you please change it?
ONtopic: Orangedew60, this will be serious role-play, but you can also level up and there's NPC's. I don't know who told you no NPC's...Also, if you don't want to be a guard then just vote for BlizzRP.. This isn't rocket science.

Dug

I voted for "Sandbox RP - Serious Roleplay (Warcraft Roleplay in WoW)" due it suiting my opinion of how wow rp should be done.

The first option is simply LOL. Why? Because I can do leveling and questing on any other server with roleplay. And people would have badass characters who are level 80. I want it non centered on leveling/questing.

As it's "World of Warcraft Roleplay" I guess it should have players roleplaying as traders/citizens/guards/a bloody sheep...etc etc.

And the third I won't even talk about.

Akira

EDIT: Changed my mind. Sandbox RP

Steel

Im no WoW player. Neither will i ever be, HGN WoW or not. (I actually despise WoW ;))
Everyones opinion counts however so:
The second option seems better for new players, gives everyone a chance, if i was a WoW player, id want that.

Akira

Cole..

GMs make events/quest
GMs can make money/create items
GM Quest -> Money -> Gear

[/short]

Chaos

I agree with everything Strelok said.. None of you guys realise that if we vote for Tundruff's we can play NOW. Sandbox rp coding probably hasn't even started, it could take forever to complete, it might not even finish.

Akira

Play on the testing servers if you want to play now.

Strelok Holmes

Quote from: Akira on 30-04-2010
Cole..

GMs make events/quest
GMs can make money/create items
GM Quest -> Money -> Gear

[/short]
And that takes god knows how long!  We'd have to give EVERYONE the max level and, 999999 gold just to get things thriving. That means we'd have to also make traine NPC's to give them whatever they request for trade skills and, materials.

Also, we need to delete the votes of people who WONT EVEN PLAY THIS GAME! You're contribution is useless and doesnt help if your not gonna play.

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Ralazo

Sandbox RP, definitely. You can make original factions and guilds from the Warcraft 3 storyline.

Even beter, if we would follow the Warcraft 3 storyline. Lots of shit happened there.

Tunddruff

21 posts. 28 votes.

This works well.

Strelok Holmes

The worst thing is... They're a few votes from people who are NOT going to play it.. Making their votes useless

Crussaria=Wiglaf Grimshaw(Grimshaw of the Iron Hand), The Corpse Brigade:Alive

Austin

1. For sure. If you think otherwise you're stupid. If you want to do a sandbox WoW RP with no NPCs GTFO off WoW and go play GMod WoW RP. Seriously. We could do that on freaking GMod if that's what you guys want. This is WoW, the point is to quest and level up. You guys act like we won't be able to RP at all with the first option, and you're wrong. The reason the Blizz RP servers don't work is because NO ONE RPS! HGN RPs, it's what we do. A little extra coding, some good RPers and 1 would be the best choice. By far.