WoW Server Poll

Started by Silver Knight, 29-04-2010

Zstan

I have built my own little RP city on Echeloned (Refer to older post) and I use npcs.

You can make them talk with .npc say "FUCKSHITAAAASSSS" or something.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Austin on 30-04-2010
1. For sure. If you think otherwise you're stupid. If you want to do a sandbox WoW RP with no NPCs GTFO off WoW and go play GMod WoW RP. Seriously. We could do that on freaking GMod if that's what you guys want. This is WoW, the point is to quest and level up. You guys act like we won't be able to RP at all with the first option, and you're wrong. The reason the Blizz RP servers don't work is because NO ONE RPS! HGN RPs, it's what we do. A little extra coding, some good RPers and 1 would be the best choice. By far.

There will be npcs, questing, it's just not focused on leveling up as a key factor of the roleplay, but more focused on achieving things in roleplay. There will still be adventurers who roam the land and do quests, such as witchers who go and hunt down creature npc's or player ones.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Austin

Well guess what? When I'm level 50 or 60 I should be able to kill a level 1. The end. Play WoW retail and you'll understand how the game works. PEOPLE JUST STARTING SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE ON PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR MONTHS. And I'm sure you want us too use /me to attack in the RP one as well. .-.

Zstan

Well guess what? When I'm level 50 or 60 I should be able to kill a level 1. The end. Play WoW retail and you'll understand how the game works. PEOPLE JUST STARTING SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE ON PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR MONTHS. And I'm sure you want us too use /me to attack in the RP one as well. .-.
If you knew anything about REAL roleplaying it's not about eye-candy. Take D&D for example.

There was one good RPing guild in WoW that I found, and they used /mes and /rolls to determine the outcome. In reality it's not about level at all, it's about your characters IC skills.

If a level 70 farmer gets in a fight with a 15 dwarf veteran war commander who do you thinks going to win?

/point

Austin

Hm... maybe you should play WoW. You can't be a level 70 farmer. And even if you could be, your combat skills would blow ass.

Dug

Then you are obviously in a wrong place. We are here for the role play not for the leveling and questing.

Austin

Hm. More importantly. There wouldn't be a level 15 Dwarf WAR VETERAN. .-. . And there WOULD BE RP Dug. Which is where you are wrong. As most of you have been already for most of this thread. If you want to play Warcraft RP so bad Exile, then code a damn game mode for it on GMod. Jesus.

Zstan

What the fuck are you on about? This is RP. And no shit, what do you think I was trying to say? IF you are a level 70 farmer your combat skills are going to suck.

Dug

Why code on gmod when you have everything settled already in WoW?
Other than that. Zstan was pointing out the obvious. Skill is what matters, IC skill not the level.

Like he said a dwarf war veteran should beat a farmer even if he was level 235.

Plunger

Quote from: Dug on 30-04-2010
Other than that. Zstan was pointing out the obvious. Skill is what matters, IC skill not the level.

Do you even realize that to do Silver's idea would require more coding then on Gmod? To do Silver's idea in WoW would require over 100K lines of codes to be edited, when it would be faster to do it in Garry's Mod with all the models ported already.

Austin

Yeah, that and you can't get to level 235, idiot.

Dug

Quote from: Plunger on 30-04-2010

Do you even realize that to do Silver's idea would require more coding then on Gmod? To do Silver's idea in WoW would require over 100K lines of codes to be edited, when it would be faster to do it in Garry's Mod with all the models ported already.

Garry's mod with gamemode WoW RP would simply FAIL.

As for you can't get to level 235. Suck on this , gamemaster/admin powers.
.modlevel 255

ktybai

Austin

HE'S A MOD IDIOT. Of course he would be level 255 >:V. Dude, Warcraft RP on GMod would be the SAME DAMN THING ON WoW. So, SHUSH. You have no idea what you are talking about. -_-

Plunger

Quote from: Plunger on 30-04-2010

Garry's mod with gamemode WoW RP would simply FAIL.

As for you can't get to level 235. Suck on this , gamemaster/admin powers.
.modlevel 255

ktybai

That's Freezekid abusing, and he's losing his mod powers.

Dug your ignoring the fact that Silver's idea would take months of code before even a beta could be released.

Dug

HE'S A MOD IDIOT. Of course he would be level 255 >:V. Dude, Warcraft RP on GMod would be the SAME DAMN THING ON WoW. So, SHUSH. You have no idea what you are talking about. -_-

First of all stop insulting me. Second he can't get above the level limit unless the level limit is raised. As in if the level limit is 80. I can type as much as I want .mod level 255 it won't happen. Or at least that is how I remember it. Also WoW RP in actual WoW and WoW RP in gmod. Would be completely two different things.

I don't care if he has to code that much. If he wants to do it, then he will do it.

And we can role play like this, leave the NPCs alone. Players can role play anyhow.

Tunddruff

No its not. It my buddy, Secondly, silver. Dont delete my fucking posts.