WoW: RP Information Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 28-04-2010

Silver Knight

WoW Roleplay will be to the extent will not be like the offical *Boring* and *Non-Engaging* Roleplay. It will be aimed at taking roles, factions and positions and putting it into the players hands. For example, one of the roles and factions is the Stormwind guard, which will be operated as a realistic faction, that will recruit and train people to help protect stormwind, people will be issued suits and armor during that time.

This is aimed at accomplishing full on immersion into the theme of WoW and the lives people live in the game and will not be aimed at "questing" or "Grinding" Infact we want to stray away from "level" limitations entirely.

We intent to "null" down how much health/regen you gain from leveling, how powerful weapons are and spells. Of course by "nulling" this means that they will be less powerful to a more realistic basis giving low level players the chance to take on high leveled players and win. Leveling is there to prove your someone of experience and learn new abilities and not on the basis of becoming "invincible" which destroys the whole roleplay idea. This also means npcs will be weakened too. Whole area's are also likely to be redesigned and alot of "pointless" npc's removed/changed.

Features

Trader System (Caravans/shop keepers/traders can trade on the go with a special box which allows them to buy supplies and items which they would sell)
Dynamic Player Done Factions

(Still to be finished)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Szenti

Sounds good, especially the Trader thing, i'm continuing to patch WoW to 3.3.3a, yay. I'll be done in a nice hour.

Dug

Looking forward to this.

TheHawk

And Which area is that?(Orgrimmar,Stormwind, Or a total new place(/me like the islands and pirate ships :) ))
Hawke (The main character of Dragon Age 2) named after me :D

deluxulous

Silver and I talked a lot about this lawl.

We SHOULD have 2 realms. One for RP, and one Blizzlike. Playerbase is a problem though. Or we could make it so that if there are events, players are required to go on the RP server, from the Blizzlike server.

Tunddruff

AND ME. Geeze. Im only building (not just downloading a premade version of TrinityCore)

I can make two realms like that, all I have to do is add another line into SQL

Dug

There should only be an RP server, like intended. I see no point in making a blizzlike one.
Everyone would roleplay and make friends etc etc.
Just make certain rules which would stop the players from grinding.
Other than that, players would play more on blizzlike than on RP.
Just one realm will do fine, my point <.<

deluxulous

Quote from: Dug on 28-04-2010
There should only be an RP server, like intended. I see no point in making a blizzlike one.
Everyone would roleplay and make friends etc etc.
Just make certain rules which would stop the players from grinding.
Other than that, players would play more on blizzlike than on RP.
Just one realm will do fine, my point <.<

Because maybe some people don't want to be level 40, and get their ass kicked by a level 1. Like I said, if there are events people should be forced to move to the RP server, or the Blizzlike server will be locked. It would also be nice to do instances without having to constantly worry about RP-ing.

jaik

blizzlike?
atleast make the XP rate higher
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silver Knight

We arn't going to have a blizzlike wow server, it's boring as hell and we don't want our playerbase being split in half. If there's ever a need for such a thing then obviously it would not happen now.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Tunddruff

Updated: My server now has Line of Sight scripting, so guys wont rape you threw walls. (but it did change my ping from 2 to 5 >:[

jaik

Quote from: Last.Exile on 29-04-2010
We arn't going to have a blizzlike wow server, it's boring as hell and we don't want our playerbase being split in half. If there's ever a need for such a thing then obviously it would not happen now.

Yay for good news
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway