Five Nights at Freddy's Movie in the works.

Started by Syndraell, 08-04-2015

Syndraell

Five Nights at Freddy's, a rather successful point-and-click survival horror series from developer Scott Cawthon, is getting a feature adaptation after Warner Brothers picked up the rights.

The film adaptation will be produced by Vertigo Entertainment's Roy Lee (The Grudge, The Ring, The Lego Movie) Along with KatzSmith Productions' Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg. (The Hard Times of RJ Berger)

If by some chance you live under a rock and don't know what Five Nights at Freddy's is about, Think about Chuck E Cheese's Predecessor; ShowBiz Pizza Place. Now, add the fact that the Animatronics are as tall as the average person, and chock full of murderous rage. That's Five Nights at Freddy's In a Nutshell.

"We're looking forward to working with Scott to make an insane, terrifying and weirdly adorable movie," said Grahame-Smith.

"The story really lends itself to being a movie and it taps into a largely unexplored niche of horror that a lot of people will be able to relate to," said Cawthon.

Adam Stone and Jay Ireland will be the executive producers. Jon Berg and Nik Mavinkurve are overseeing for Warner Brothers.

Personal Opinions: As much fun as it is to watch people play the game, or play it yourself; I have mixed feelings about this move. This can either be a very good move on Cawthon's part, or it can cause a extremely huge backlash.

Regardless of this, Scott Cawthon has made a very successful gamble with the game and it's sequels.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Cross

Jeez, the FNAF series is the most overrated thing in like the last 20 years. Not that it's really bad, just extremely overrated.
-Insert clever signature here-

Syndraell

Quote from: gcat64 on 08-04-2015
Jeez, the FNAF series is the most overrated thing in like the last 20 years. Not that it's really bad, just extremely overrated.

It's definitely overrated.
I also could have put in some stuff about Cawthon, such as him donating $250,000 to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Or the fact that he's a devout Christian and part of Hope Animations, a "project of Christian animators" aiming to spread the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Pretty cool dude IMHO.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.