[NCR] MILITARY Applications

Started by kropfi, 04-03-2012

Abneto

OOC Information:
Steam Name AbnetoAge: 15Timezone: GMT -3 (Brazil)Why should we accept you?: I've had many experiences both with GMOD and RP. It's been probrally 2 years since I started roleplaying out. And as well, with various types, like HL2, FoRP, FoNVRP, a bit of STALKER, and others. Time spent with HGN: I've been around 1 year and a few months around. But now I've started dedicating myself more.Time played on FORP: 1 week.Any bans/kicks? If so why? And for how long?: None. Do you have any OOC knowledge of the Military?: Slight, but not much

IC Information:Age:21Physical features: Thin, slightly tall. Moderate fit. Has brown eyes and seems to be beardy.Height: 6ft 1"Mental/Psychological conditions: None.Backstory: (MUST BE TWO PARAGRAPHS) 
Born in 2214 in southern California, son of Joe Meyer and Denise Meyer, Daniel was just like a typical child. Happy, active, playful. He and his family had a farm not so far from a city. That farm was owned by few generations of the Meyer family. His father and himself usually went to travel cities to sell spare raw material from harvests. Daniel's life was very calm, although it wasn't the best living, it was enough to survive and not starve.

This was only until Daniel's 18th birthday. After returning from a long and exhausted travel for selling the harvests, Daniel has seen in the road some clothings and blood around it. There were half of a letter, that looks like it was dropped by someone. It was written: "Name: Denise Meyer, Age: 34, Physical aspects: Short black hair, on mid-30's, brown eyes. Caps owned: 750, Drugs bought: 50 jets." This letter shocked Joe, Daniel's father. "She was a jet addict? I can't believe it..." Said Joe, as Daniel frowns, avoiding to cry. "I believe so..." said Daniel, as a single tear drops from his eye.

Upon going back to the farm, Joe found 10 fixers on Denise's closet. "... So this is how she looked so normal to me all this time." said him, pausing for a long period. As a loud sound of a impact is heard from far away. "Oh, no.." said Joe, scared. "We got to leave.. Now." "But wh-" Said Daniel, interrupted by his father. "I explain this later, we got to go!" as they run downstairs to the back exit of the house, many people could be seen coming from hills. As they come closer, it can be seen it was feral ghouls.

Nothing could be saved at time. As they went far from the farm, it could still be seen that it was being destroyed by the swarm of feral ghouls. Daniel couldn't stop looking it being destroyed, he was shocked. "This ain't no time to be kiddin' about!" Said Joe, motioning Daniel to follow him. It was 3 years being nomads, wandering town to town, in an desesperate attempt to make a living. As they gathered enough caps, doing usually unofficial courier jobs, or either finding them around in the floor. And some even by stealing.

They have found a place with a rentable room. They rented it for 1 day. Once they get in the room, Joe sits on one of the chairs, doing a long sigh and then looks at Daniel. "Son, I know those years were extremely tough to you and me, but I think it's time to tell you about it.." Daniel looks at his father, sitting on another chair and listening him carefully. "Long ago, around few years back, there was a mine not so far from our farm... One day that farm just made a loud boom, I could hear it clearly. It looked like it was a radiation explosion, no one knows if it was accidental or if it was a trap, but it killed alot of people. If they weren't dead, they were turned into feral ghouls. 
One day later, heard reports that ghouls started to come out of the mine entrance. The only solution was to make a metal barricade on the entrance, which held much years, until that day we were invaded by them, the ghouls." Joe stops for a while, then continues. "It looks the time has came to tell you about something else, as well. I believe you already noticed my hat and this old revolver. It was used since the very first founder of our family, as well the founder of our fallen farm." Joe gives him the hat and the revolver. "Heh, it just look it was made for you.." said Daniel's father.
One day later, they spotted a NCR poster in one of the walls. Daniel looks at it for some time. Then points at it. Joe knows what Daniel was meaning. "You are sure about this?" asked him. Daniel nods, as his father nods back.
How did you get in contact with the NCR?: Upon watching the poster, he looked around. Luckily, the applications were open.If you were referred by a Soldier/CO/NCO, who was it? (IC/OOC name please): None.

I think I fucked up the format... Woops..

accepted

Vorter

OOC Information:

Steam Name: Vorter

Timezone: EDT -4

Why should we accept you?: Another well-abled and experienced soldier for the cause.

Time spent with HGN: 4-5 months

Time played on FORP: 4-5 months, although I spend most of my time on SRP, I hop on FORP sometimes, and will definitely devote more time on FORP if I am accepted

Any bans/kicks? If so why? And for how long?: No

Do you have any OOC knowledge of the Military?: Yes, JROTC for 3 1/2 years (C/1st Lt)

IC Information:

Physical features:  Dark Brown Hair, Green Eyes, Lean Build

Height: 5' 11"

Mental/Psychological conditions: None

Backstory: Vincent was born and raised in a suburban city in Northern Arizona (which successfully isolated itself from the dangers of the wasteland such as raiders) and led a relatively lazy childhood. His parents always brought home plenty of money, and he was allowed to do whatever he pleased. This eventually led to him partaking in petty crimes with friends in his early teens. While his parents were working he would vandalize stores and draw graffiti, and at the same time he was slowly flunking school. Karma eventually caught up to him, and he was caught by police while spray-painting a grocery store. His parents, appalled that their "angel" would do such a thing, were met with conflicting feelings when the town's court ordered him to volunteer service at the said grocery store for 3 months and 2 months of house arrest. Vincent eventually flung himself back up from his dark pit and pursued a better education and career, slightly scarred by the boredom of house arrest and a terrible, repetitive job.

Vincent is now thirty, and has a successful trading business, mostly dealing with food and some weapons. He left his isolated town several years ago in search of adventure and money, and started this business. With his mercenary aid, and a couple brahmin to carry his goods, he made a fair living this way. On a certain day after making a trade with a large amount of caps, his merc started an argument on how he wasn't paid as much as he'd like. At the heat of the conversation, he shot Vincent and took his goods, caps, and brahmin, leaving him with only the clothes on his back and a couple stimpaks. Vincent recovered from his gunshot wound and stayed a couple days in a nearby NCR outpost. He contemplated starting his business from scratch again, but decided not to in his bout of frustration. Then, he realized where he was. He signed up to join the NCR there and then.
(MUST BE TWO PARAGRAPHS) 

How did you get in contact with the NCR?: Took refuge in the NCR outpost after being betrayed by his own merc. Found out more about the NCR by talking to the soldiers stationed there and decided to join.

If you were referred by a Soldier/CO/NCO, who was it? (IC/OOC name please): Spc. Hal McMillan / Bamf and Cpt. Alex Chorei / Hitman

-----Accepted-----
-HitMan

PingPong

OOC Information:

Steam Name: PingPong

Timezone: EST

Why should we accept you?: Good rper, good stker, and I love Horse Legs

Time spent with HGN: 4 months

Time played on FORP: 3 months

Any bans/kicks? If so why? And for how long?: None

Do you have any OOC knowledge of the Military?: No

IC Information:

Physical features: Buzzcut, Goatee, 175, Muscular

Height: 5'9

Mental/Psychological conditions: None

Backstory: Trevor Jackson was born and raised in Shady Sands under his father Jake and his mother Julia. Since Trevor was a little baby he tried to explore everything around him but was forced into contained areas by his father because he didn't want Trevor screwing things up around the house. He grew up under his strict Fathers ruling and was forced to work on his fathers Cabbage farm every single day of his life for years on end. Trevor had always thought of leaving the life his father was forcing on him but he had very little caps or even an idea of where to go.
After a long day's of work on a Friday night, Trevor was at the bar having a few beers when a group of mercenary decided to come into the bar. Having proper weaponry and good armor Trevor was intrigued. After a few more beers he got the courage to go up to the group of mercenary's and start asking for information. After a short conversation he challenged the leader of the mercenary to an arm wrestle with a small bet. If Trevor were to win then they would take him with them and teach Trevor the ways of life in the wasteland outside of being a farmer, if he were to lose he would have to give them a few free crates of cabbages. Being a farmer for so many years Trevor won easily and left the morning after without a word to his mother or father. The mercenary taught Trevor how to shoot, how to call a lie, how to gamble properly, and how to survive in the cruel wastelands. Thing's were going great for the mercenary group until they got a job that went horribly wrong. Trevor and the leader of the now dead mercenary group were the only ones left alive. They stayed together for a few more days before they both decided it was best to go their own ways. Trevor had never been on his own before but he was prepared because he had learnt the ways of surviving the wasteland by spending all that time with the mercenary group, the first place he found was an NCR outpost where he found work for the NCR such as building houses and doing odd jobs. After a few weeks of this Trevor decided to tryout for  the NCR Military because he knew that the values he had earned throughout his entire life would make a great soldier under the NCR.

How did you get in contact with the NCR?: Was the first place I found in the wasteland that was friendly and maintained order. I helped with various tasks and even helped build some houses before deciding that I wanted to try to join.

If you were referred by a Soldier/CO/NCO, who was it? (IC/OOC name please): Hitman/Alex Chorei

Accepted
"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is just a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

mrspidermonkey

OOC Information:

Steam Name: George Liquor

Timezone:PST

Why should we accept you?: Well first off, I'll be quite honest; I am a new serious roleplayer. My friends recommended serious roleplay servers like this and Half-Life 2 roleplay because I was sick of the darkrp gamemode. I am extremely motivated to do well and I take roleplaying very seriously because it is a fun hobby that I greatly enjoy.

Time spent with HGN: I've only spent about 4 days, but I know the gist of everything.

Time played on FORP: Same as the time spent with HGN.

Any bans/kicks? If so why? And for how long?: None.

Do you have any OOC knowledge of the Military?: Yes, I have done countless research of the U.S. Military and it's wars and countless relatives of mine fought in many of the U.S.'s wars.

IC Information:

Physical features: Rough/worn looking, black male, medium build.

Height: 5'7''

Mental/Psychological conditions: Agliophobia- The fear of pain and/or injury.

Backstory: I am Greg Boone. Many people say I'm not like everyone else due to the way I think through my situations. I have always had a logical outlook on life and nature itself and like I said, people haven't taken me for granted due to this. Well, to start off I grew up in a legion slaver camp. Life was horrible because I didn't have a family and the Legion slavers would punish me if I didn't work hard enough. I was born a slave and I never knew my mother because she died after I was born. My father and my sister were transferred to a different slaver camp when I was just a toddler, so I never really knew them. During my time at the legion camp, the legionares and slavers knew I wasn't a dumb, simple-minded pickle head like the other slaves. Because of this situation, I was punished more often and I was restricted to most of the simple privileges the other slaves had. Fortunately, my crappy life came to a change when a peculiar prospector named Jeremiah decided to buy me from slavery because of my gift of persuasion and intellect. Jeremiah and I moved to Nevada near NCR territory where he bought me an NCR citizenship when I was around 23 years old.
                      Jeremiah was like a foster father to me and he knew of my love for knowledge so he scavenged many pre-war books and old tales about many adventures of heroes and tall tales. As much as I loved reading about  these, what really interested me where the old pre-war books about the establishment of the old democratic ways of the U.S. government before the great war. Interested in democracy and the style of it's fair and unique government, I finally knew my purpose in life: to bring democracy back to state it was once in. I also studied more about the NCR's way of keeping order and I realized that the NCR was trying to do the same thing to the Mojave Wasteland. Naturally I knew that if I joined the NCR I would have a better opportunity of bringing a democracy to the Mojave Wasteland. However, tragedy struck for me when Jeremiah died from an attack from a Rad Scorpion stinger to his head. I knew I didn't have much to do out here, so I moved to New Haven where I could join the NCR and bring order to the Wasteland.

How did you get in contact with the NCR?: After I studied the NCR and the U.S.'s democratic style of government.

If you were referred by a Soldier/CO/NCO, who was it? (IC/OOC name please): N/A

Pending, simply because last time I RP'd with you, you disconnected during the RP cause you died. RP on the server a bit more before I accept this. If I see the poor RP/disconnecting to avoid RP, I will deny this.