New guitar.

Started by Knife_cz, 29-10-2012

Knife_cz

So yeah, even when my birthday will be in november, my parents gave me a present already- a guitar.
I never asked for this.
I have NO Idea how to play it.
Any tips where to start on internet, or some good video which would explain the very basics? :D ? (Too busy to go and play somewhere in some musical teaching thingy, not sure how it is called in English)

Oh yeah I guess this is kinda important too; its an acoustic guitar, not an eletric one.

So step 1: Guitar notes/string

E Every|elephants
A Acid|and
D Dealer|donkies
G Gets|grow
B Busted|big
E Eventualy|ears

A nice way to remember it :D
Im so pro

Nex

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/?no_takeover

^That is an incredible website. I've been playing for 2 years, and I still use it constantly. You can also look up tabs, which are basically blueprints for songs, using the search engine on there. Really helpful website. I love it.

Barlow

Picking Patterns, Strumming, Muting, Tuning. The most important lessons will be power chords, then persue onto learning chords also learning on how the guitar works helps a plenty when coming to looking for a guitar you want IF you are ready to move on since you will most likely start learning how to play specific genres and will have to buy a guitar that suits certain genres. And my first guitar by the way was an Epiphone Les Paul and to tell the truth I regret that decision when I could of got one of these brilliant guitars which got me to currently own a fender telecaster.

I have never been tutored, just learnt to read tabs eventually from migrating away from youtube lessons (Which can help still to this day.) but yeah like Nex posted, Ultimate Guitar are brilliant for tabs and even the community contributes by posting easier tabs so you can roughly play those hard songs you come across.