Threads and A Boy and his Dog.

Started by meetdadoom, 08-08-2010

meetdadoom

Threads

Threads is an old bbc documentary made back in the '80s during the time when the world was about to go into a nuclear missle exchange, the movie's intention was to basically say it would really suck if a nuclear winter happened.
The movie follows a teenage couple that experiance an unplanned pregnancy, during this story the world is watching because Russia and Iran are getting in a little fight. The movie shows a what it would look like before the apocaylpse, the apcalypse and the post-apocalpse. It's really horrfiying. If you have a good stomach and are intrested in the Post-Apocalypse genre I definatly recommend watching this movie however be warned this movie is really grizzly.

A Boy and his Dog

The movie A Boy and his Dog is also a movie made in the '80s but is about the post apycalypse. The movie explains how the nuclear apocaylpse happens wich what happened was JFK instead of working on the space race against russia works on making cooler tech. And along this cool tech they maake a psionic dogs that can talk to their owners and have smarter thinking however it was only tested on a few dogs. Vic (the boy)  has this psionic dog named Blood and the dog makes a deal with Vic about how the Blood will sniff out women for Vic and Vic will find food. The movie goes through the adventures with Vic and Blood.
If you are a  fallout series fan watch this movie because there are alot of inside jokes that fallout does that  you won't understand unless you watch this movie. Like alot.
Side note: The dog Blood in this movie was actually the dog from bradey bunch.

I also added these two movies in one thread because they are both nuclear apocaylpse movies that I recommend watching.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]