The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Started by itzmillerrr, 24-01-2010

itzmillerrr

Overview
Flapjack is a young boy raised by a talking whale named Bubbie. He leads a peaceful life until the duo rescue a pirate by the name of Captain K'nuckles, who tells Flapjack of an island called Candied Island, which is supposedly made completely of candy, and the sea around it is lemonade. Inspired by the adventurous pirate, Flapjack, Captain K'nuckles and Bubbie get into strange predicaments and "misadventures" in search of Candied Island and the coveted title of "Adventurer". The three spend most of their time in Stormalong Harbor, where they eat candy and get into mischief.

Characters

The lead characters, Captain K'nuckles and Flapjack
Flapjack
An excitable, adventure-loving boy who was found and raised by Bubbie, the talking whale. Flapjack is very naive and oblivious to danger, thus he's easily caught up in perilous situations. He is also extremely friendly and is often upset when someone does not respect a friendship. Spellbound by K'nuckles' stories of his days of adventure, he sets his sights on becoming a real adventurer just like his role-model K'nuckles. He is gullible enough to believe anything that will help him on his set goal, even if it makes no sense and is completely irrelevant. Flapjack believes that everyone in Stormalong is a friend and often takes them calling him various names and insults as compliments, often leading people (mostly K'nuckles) to believe that he has mental problems. He admires K'nuckles and considers him to be a good friend, though K'nuckles tends to lie to and manipulate him. His catchphrases are "Adventure!" (said whenever he gets excited), "What is going on here?" (said whenever something that he doesn't expect happens), and "Cannonballs!" (said whenever something does not go right). Voiced by series creator Thurop Van Orman.

Captain K'nuckles
A washed-up and childish old sailor who claims to be the greatest adventurer the world has ever known. Nowadays, he prefers to nap and drink maple syrup, while telling outrageous tales of past adventures and getting Flapjack wrapped up in his high seas hi-jinks. In reality, his stories are either completely false, or nowhere near as adventurous or amazing as he leads Flapjack to believe. He is a candy addict; he will do whatever it takes to get his hands on candy. Because of this, he is incredibly selfish, putting the well-being of himself and the acquisition of candy above all else. Because of his often selfish, rude, and openly villainous behavior, K'nuckles has earned the open hostility and disrespect of nearly everybody in Stormalong. Though he has a habit of taking advantage of Flapjack for his own needs, he is actually quite fond of him and will often attempt to get him out of trouble when a scheme of theirs goes too far, he also defends Flapjack when others try to deceive him, something that he does on a regular basis. Most of his body is composed of wood: his hands are wooden hands based on the best hand ever made, his legs are pegs, and his buttocks (his "sittin' muscle", as he calls it) is a wooden board. Because of his artificial body, he makes mechanical noises when he moves. K'nuckles spends most of the adventures with Flapjack trying to find Candied Island. Flapjack often has to defend him when he is in trouble. Voiced by Brian Doyle-Murray.

Bubbie 
A talking whale who acts as a doting mother to Flapjack and gives him a lot of advice that he rarely follows and she, at times, doesn't follow either. She claims that she found Flapjack wrapped in seaweed. She prefers the "safety" of Stormalong to the dangers of the open seas. Regardless of how much trouble K'nuckles and Flapjack get into, she will always look out for Flapjack and wait for him at the shore or docks. She's also confirmed as the fastest whale in the sea, but she doesn't like to brag. She also acts as K'nuckles' ship, as well as his and Flapjack's 'house', though they live in her mouth. Bubbie is generally hostile to K'nuckles, though this is quite justified, as he tends to dupe Flapjack into doing things that she does not approve of. But more often than not, she seems to eventually forgive him, as she normally ends up allowing him to come back to live with her and Flapjack.

get at me.

Zombiehunta

Question...why the hell are cartoons on this site?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

itzmillerrr

Because it's a television show. That's why.

get at me.

Zombiehunta

Sorry, I just never expected anyone on this site to watch....this, whatever it is. No offense.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

itzmillerrr

get at me.

Bl★ck Star

cant watch it

restricted in my land

Monkeyfisker

Zstan

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 01-02-2010
cant watch it

restricted in my land
Lol. Why in the hell is a kids show restricted in Germany?

Chaosye

Well it is Flapjack.

It's pretty fuck the what.

Innokenti Katya

:: PalmA ::

Delta

RG4ORDR

Its Pretty funny IMO like the 38 man with a baby face and body
er

Tea

More like "Flap Crack", amirite?

RG4ORDR

er

GeneralGold

Its very childish, but so am i. I like to watch it when im bored, and it can give me some laughs when they show there fucked up parts.
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

Frostee