Terminator 4

Started by Silver Knight, 29-04-2011

Silver Knight

QuoteDeadline reports that Arnold Schwarzenegger is returning to the Terminator franchise in a new movie, to be directed by none other than Fast Five helmer Justin Lin.

The project is a package deal from Hollywood talent agency CAA, with the lead actor and director attached to make the film for whatever studio picks up the deal. No writer is attached and a release date has yet to be determined.

Deadline claims that Universal, the studio distributing Fast Five, is hot for the deal, as well as Sony and Lionsgate. Lin has a solid relationship with Universal, given the success of his Fast and Furious films.

While early rumors of Lin helming the project were met with head-scratching, the director has since silenced the naysayers given Fast Five's impressive international grosses and that movie's overall strong word-of-mouth.

The news comes as the former California Governor is quick to start the next chapter in an action movie career near and dear to us at IGN. No word on how this announcement will impact another project Arnold was circling, the action thriller The Last Stand.

The new Terminator movie comes on the heels of a long and complicated rights issue regarding the property, which, like the Superman rights, is governed by a ticking clock in regards to how long rights holders have to make a film. Deadline reports that the rights will revert back to James Cameron in 2018, and speculates that whomever makes a fifth Terminator movie will have plenty of time to make a sixth if they so desire.

The franchise started with 1984's The Terminator, directed by Cameron, who also helmed the very popular sequel, T2. Terminator: Rise of the Machines (the last Terminator headlined by Arnold) and McG's Terminator: Salvation followed with mixed critical and box office reception.

In short: A fifth Terminator movie, starring the original Terminator, is happening. We don't want to wait. We're going to get naked and jump in our purple time machine energy ball. We just hope there are clothes, boots and a motorcycle when we get there.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1164320p1.html

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

mikeywrenn

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Das_Uberman

Hmmm, it could go either way, either really good, or just plain bad. Schwarzenegger is like the russian Chuck Norris, except not as awesome.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 29-04-2011
Hmmm, it could go either way, either really good, or just plain bad. Schwarzenegger is like the russian Chuck Norris, except not as awesome.

*cough cough Austrain cough cough*

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Das_Uberman

Quote from: meetdadoom on 02-05-2011
Quote from: Das_Uberman on 29-04-2011

*cough cough Austrain cough cough*

Whatever, the point is he is like a less awesome European version of Chuck Norris. Austrian? I never would have guessed.
Anyway, I checked the internet movie database, and there is nothing on Schwarzenegger being in a fourth terminator movie, however he is rumored to be in a movie as a sheriff who is out to stop some escaped drug cartel leaders:

QuoteA drug cartel leader busts out of a courthouse and speeds to the Mexico border, where the only thing in his path is a sheriff and his inexperienced staff.

Director: Jee-woon Kim
Writer: Andrew Knauer (screenplay)
Stars: Arnold Schwarzenegger
-IMDB

AdrianSnake

Arnold seems to have alot of probs right now, Ill be suprised if it comes out in 2012....Plus they leaked plot about the future comming to our time to warn us and that sounds kinda stupid.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: AdrianSnake on 26-08-2011
Plus they leaked plot about the future comming to our time to warn us and that sounds kinda stupid.

But that's what happend in every Terminator movie.

AdrianSnake

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 26-08-2011
Quote from: AdrianSnake on 26-08-2011
Plus they leaked plot about the future comming to our time to warn us and that sounds kinda stupid.

But that's what happend in every Terminator movie.

Yeah but this time they coem into our time, our Universe. As I heard. Meaning they get to meeet Obama or something....Plus anyway Judgement day was 1975 right? So obviously we aren't here in 2011, Alternate timeline?

Victim

I jizzed in my pants.